Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    rofl, you're so clueless it's hilarious.

If these chips end up smoking the Ryzens, which I wouldn't be surprised by, what will you say then?

Of course they are going to be faster, like what? The question is how much are they going to cost.

When ryzen released that effectively shut down intels HEDT lineup because they priced them out of relevance and refused to do price drops.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Thinking that might be the upgrade I've been waiting for. Wonder what it will go for... Any thoughts?
    Might be what I get too. Gonna have to start saving money

10+ Year Old Account
    Intel will start dropping prices should Ryzen start impacting them heavily, they have done it before. I'm really curious to see what the price of these chips are going to be, could have some indication of what impact Ryzen is having on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Intel will start dropping prices should Ryzen start impacting them heavily, they have done it before. I'm really curious to see what the price of these chips are going to be, could have some indication of what impact Ryzen is having on the market.
    agreed

Im interested in pricing

and gaming performance of OCed 6c & 8c vs 7700K

also I view the 6c performance/OC as a preview to Coffee Lake

https://videocardz.com/69900/exclusi...-i9-7980xe-cpu
    AMD’s Threadripper will face more powerful competition that we first thought. A 18-core processor called Core i9-7980XE will be Intel’s flagship model of Core-X series.
    hahaha wtf

- - - Updated - - -

if that huge line-up is true then I really hope it pushes SK-X 6c & 8c prices down compared to BW-E

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    agreed

Im interested in pricing

and gaming performance of OCed 6c & 8c vs 7700K

also I view the 6c performance/OC as a preview to Coffee Lake
    None because if you can buy an x299 board and cpu you aren't gaming at 1080p anymore. You honestly shouldnt even with a 7700k.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-05-29 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    None because if you can buy an x299 board and cpu you aren't gaming at 1080p anymore. You honestly shouldnt even with a 7700k.
    what are you talking about ?

Im not even planning on buying a new CPU in 2017 fyi, Im just interested in upcoming Intel offerings OC potential and gaming performance

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    175w tdp lol. My 3.8ghz 1700 maxes out at 95w, on the included stock cooler.

Intel should honestly stop producing HEDT chips, ryzen made them irrelevant.

You know that thing is gonna retail for well over a thousand dollars lol.
    3.8GHz R7 is 140-145W max.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Which means the main difference lies with productivity and most programs in this area benefits from more cores, I would certainly pick the 16 core Threadripper for Vegas pro 14 over the 12 core Intel here OC to OC.
    I wouldnt touch it for professional in the first 3 months though. It's another new platform, so they're gonna need time. AMD needs to fix virtualization support for their platforms before releasing those, right now it's non-existant. I wouldnt count on AMD if the difference is only 2 cores though. 12 vs 16 - sure, AMD probably wins here.

Another problem here is going to be cooling. I'm pretty sure those monsters from both sides are pretty much going to require watercooling, and looking considering how AMD handled that on release they need to either work with suppliers right now or release their own watercoolers, or those processors are going to be virtually unusable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    How does that correlate? Honestly those are not meant for gaming machines but their performance is going to mostly depends on the videocard, not the CPU.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    rofl, you're so clueless it's hilarious.

If these chips end up smoking the Ryzens, which I wouldn't be surprised by, what will you say then?
    Since he got a Ryzen build he thinks its king and nothing you say is going to change his mind, I have been down that road with him. My i7 still smokes the shit out of the 2 Ryzen builds I have at consumer applications and gaming, which they recently got the Q5000s stuck into them and taken to my office as they do better at work applications and Autodesk than the 4 core 1230V5s they replaced.

Once again when these new Intel chips come out the only people buying Ryzen will be budget builders, but hey at least they have a decent cpu now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    3.8GHz R7 is 140-145W max.

I wouldnt touch it for professional in the first 3 months though. It's another new platform, so they're gonna need time. AMD needs to fix virtualization support for their platforms before releasing those, right now it's non-existant. I wouldnt count on AMD if the difference is only 2 cores though. 12 vs 16 - sure, AMD probably wins here.

Another problem here is going to be cooling. I'm pretty sure those monsters from both sides are pretty much going to require watercooling, and looking considering how AMD handled that on release they need to either work with suppliers right now or release their own watercoolers, or those processors are going to be virtually unusable.

- - - Updated - - -

How does that correlate? Honestly those are not meant for gaming machines but their performance is going to mostly depends on the videocard, not the CPU.
    No, max ive seen my 1700 at with an all core 3.8ghz OC is ~95w. This is why i stopped at those clocks, its doable on the included stock cooler. Value for money is untouchable by anything intel has or is in the pipeline. From now forward intel is for people with more money than sense, with one exception being the g4560.

For people that don't care about bang for your buck, intel has you covered

- - - Updated - - -

lol take a lot of what moremana says with a grain of salt people, he is the same guy who says ryzen cant run a web browser smoothly. Yes you heard that right, instead of blaming settings or a corrupt intall he says an 8 core desktop CPU cant run a program that runs smoothly on tablet processors.

Since he made that statement about ryzen and is telling people to buy locked i5's over r5's ive put him on ignore, but sadly have to look at his posts sometimes to make sure he isnt spouting garbage again.

No, max ive seen my 1700 at with an all core 3.8ghz OC is ~95w. This is why i stopped at those clocks, its doable on the included stock cooler. Value for money is untouchable by anything intel has or is in the pipeline. From now forward intel is for people with more money than sense, with one exception being the g4560.

I would not say that, we don't know much about the upcomming HEDT CPU's but we will soon enough, and if they truly come out with a 18 core one can only hope that at least the bottom tier of CPU's will drop somehwat in price at least if they intend to sell some.

and then we have coffee lake stil comming out in august which could be a good surprise which unlike you I wont dismiss up front. Intel not lowering prices on current CPU's does not mean they wont on future ones.

oh look its Fascinate again and he is talking about his Ryzen baby again

between upcoming Coffee 6c mainstream and this HEDT up to 18c Intel have the whole consumer stack covered in performance

now all thats left is the pricing
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2017-05-29 at 03:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    I would not say that, we don't know much about the upcomming HEDT CPU's but we will soon enough, and if they truly come out with a 18 core one can only hope that at least the bottom tier of CPU's will drop somehwat in price at least if they intend to sell some.

and then we have coffee lake stil comming out in august which could be a good surprise which unlike you I wont dismiss up front. Intel not lowering prices on current CPU's does not mean they wont on future ones.
    Well, looking at Intels history with all the HEDT, it really has just been more cores and extra feature sets that are not tied to performance, just extra features that users can make use of.

An example of this is NVME, this was pretty much most of the X99 boards to use, until skylake came, did more boards support this feature, I'm sure some of the Haswell consumer stuff had it but not seen many.

There hasn't been enough time for Intel to do anything under the hood for Skylake X other then core count since Ryzen came out, however the lowering of prices, I am sure it will happen as AMD pretty much forced the 1060 to be closer the $200 range and we all know that they would of charged more for this if it wasn't for the RX 480 being around $200 as well.

However, I am assuming Intel didn't know about the 16 core monster from AMD and held back a potential set of chips beyond 12 cores.

something I do need to add here mostly to moremanas comment of smokes the Ryzen system, don't have any issues with which vendor does better but I have seen very few benchmarks gaming or productivity that shows Intel or AMD that far ahead of each other in equivalent segments.

When people use such terms, they assume Intel vs bulldozer level of gap, be more realistic in your comparisons please as you are literally influencing peoples wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    oh look its Fascinate again and he is talking about his Ryzen baby again

between upcoming Coffee 6c mainstream and this HEDT up to 18c Intel have the whole consumer stack covered in performance

now all thats left is the pricing
    "All that's left". To most people that is the most important part.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to be clear on my stance here, if intel comes out with a 6c 12t or 8c 16t chip that beats AMD for similar prices my mobo and cpu would go on ebay the next day.

Thing is, that wont happen...

I bet Cinebench is going to push more than 95W out of it. Good thing that you only do gaming which ensures you have those 4 untouchable (unused) cores which are great for your money.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    I bet Cinebench is going to push more than 95W out of it. Good thing that you only do gaming which ensures you have those 4 untouchable (unused) cores which are great for your money.
    Nah dude even stress tests this thing maxes out at 95w, in gaming were talking 30-60w. Its a really efficient chip, just gotta keep volts in check. Best settings for ryzen are 3.8ghz, 1.25v.

I didn't make this purchase for todays games, my last PC i had for 6 years....

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

lol take a lot of what moremana says with a grain of salt people, he is the same guy who says ryzen cant run a web browser smoothly. Yes you heard that right, instead of blaming settings or a corrupt intall he says an 8 core desktop CPU cant run a program that runs smoothly on tablet processors.

Since he made that statement about ryzen and is telling people to buy locked i5's over r5's ive put him on ignore, but sadly have to look at his posts sometimes to make sure he isnt spouting garbage again.
    You cant seem to read a post and comprehend its contents, again I never said that they cant run a web browser, show me where I did, nor do I recommend locked i5s over R5s, again, show me where I said that, instead you will find I said get R5s over i5s. and you obviously don't have me on ignore as your quoting me lol

Your do nothing but argue with everyone. Your Ryzen sucks balls against a i7 in gaming and consumer use, no matter how hard you want it to or wish it, it isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    You cant seem to read a post and comprehend its contents, again I never said that they cant run a web browser, show me where I did, nor do I recommend locked i5s over R5s, again, show me where I said that, instead you will find I said get R5s over i5s. and you obviously don't have me on ignore as your quoting me lol

Your do nothing but argue with everyone. Your Ryzen sucks balls against a i7 in gaming and consumer use, no matter how hard you want it to or wish it, it isn't there.
    You absolutely recommended a locked i5 over a ryzen 5, the thread was titled i5 vs r5 even lol. And you also blamed ryzen for your browser issues, you have a short memory aye?

I don't argue with people, i correct them.

- - - Updated - - -

And "consumer use" what the hell does that even mean lmao. You have a corrupt OS install or simply have no idea how to setup a PC and blamed ryzen on it, nothing more.

15+ Year Old Account
    You absolutely recommended a locked i5 over a ryzen 5, the thread was titled i5 vs r5 even lol. And you also blamed ryzen for your browser issues, you have a short memory aye?

I don't argue with people, i correct them.
    As ususal you cant find the posts I said those in, so Ill help you.

Heres one: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post45855565

Heres another: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post45855317

Just stop, and the post about web browser, I said "Even web browsers run smoother on my Intel cpu"

Did not say it didnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    As ususal you cant find the posts I said those in, so Ill help you.

Heres one: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post45855565

Heres another: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post45855317

Just stop, and the post about web browser, I said "Even web browsers run smoother on my Intel cpu"

Did not say it didnt work.
    Ah you do have a short memory:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ighlight=i5+r5

While I like tinkering with the 2 Ryzen builds I have, if I were you I would wait for Ryzen 2. Memory issues are all over the place and are very inconsistent. The one I am on right now, if I do a reboot, it doesn't want to boot back up the first time, it reboots 2 times then I get a clean boot and sometimes it resets the memory to 2133.

Will that get updated? Maybe, So far no, in some cases it has on higher end boards, but for the most part its still a big issue on all b350s and memory manufacturers are seeing the Ryzen runs better at higher memory speeds and they are gouging the hell out of 3200+ modules that actually wont run faster than 2933 currently, and that is on high-end X370 boards such as the ROG by Asus at $259.

I know others are going to slam this, but if I were you, knowing what I know with these 2 Ryzen builds I have, how much time i have spent on jumping from bios to bios to get the best stability and have and all the little annoyances, I would wait for the second generations or I would get a i5-7600k or spring a $100 extra bucks and get the i7-7700K if I needed it now.

It is all you would need for at least a few years.

Ryzen will most likely be a more stable platform once the next gens come, at this moment, its new and knowing what I know. I wouldn't buy the 2 setups I have again.
    You recommended a 7600k over a ryzen 5 because you were having problem with your ryzen build. Sure whatever its the unlocked version, still terrible advice.