Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Where do you get the 0.5% from though?
    It might be higher than 0.5%.

Deleted
    i got BiS feet for my resto shammy last week from LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do you get the 0.5% from though?
    Thats what im wondering too lol.

The chart from march is the one im looking at, which shows lfr is far from the highest droprate from content.

Truth is LFR has higher drop rate than most in game content
    Doesn't seem to be the case friendo
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not. Actually atm you should use all your spare time on calculating the chances on RNG drop. I suggest Excel spreadsheet with 0.1% accuracy about drop location, time, star alignment, role dependency and transmog colour.
    NOW MASTER THE LIST (Around 11 000 rows of PURE AF DATA BI%&H), and only after you've mastered all the data, then, but ONLY then, you can try to play this Game of all Games.

However, don't just play it straight away. Master it first. RNG=Repeating Not Good (Aka, only dumb people farm. Mastering the above mentioned "loot master" excel will get your your gear faster than doing shit in the game. Really man. Trust me.
    Fake news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Deleted
    Got two legendaries for my hunter from two consecutive bosses in the same LFR run so yeah, it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Every world quest you do, every dungeon boss you kill, every battlegrounds, arenas or ashran you enter, ups your odds of getting a legendary.
    World quests have nothing to do with legendaries or bad luck protection, but emissary caches do.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Sauce on that?

Not that i don't believe you but also wondering if the drop chance, if true, would be the same across the board in other content then?
    Or the higher the difficulty the higher the drop chance?
    It's possible i may have heard that in the past, could be wrong on that.
    If that is the case that it is higher in more difficult content, then the "merits" of running lfr and enduring some.......painful experiences, seem.......rather dubious, at best.
    It's not higher on "harder" content, it's higher on content "harder to do" meaning that if it has a weekly loot lockout then it'll have the highest chances to give one.

That being said, it looks like harder difficulties reward slightly more legendaries. But basically LFR should be more rewarding for leggos than an M+ should be.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-05-29 at 12:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    It might be higher than 0.5%.
    But where do you get the numbers from? Because what you linked said 0.4%.

7+ Year Old Account
    But where do you get the numbers from? Because what you linked said 0.4%.
    That number is before 7.2. Blizzard increases drop rate by time. Now it is at least 0.5% drop rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    That number is before 7.2. Blizzard increases drop rate by time. Now it is at least 0.5% drop rate.
    Which still doesn't make it a higher drop rate than most content in game.

As of march 22nd 2017.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

7+ Year Old Account
    Which still doesn't make it a higher drop rate than most content in game.

As of march 22nd 2017.
    Which content drops more than LFR besides M,H,N raids? Even M+ isn't as efficient as LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which content drops more than LFR besides M,H,N raids?
    you are the one making the claim. You should be fully aware what does and what doesn't when linking to a chart which invariably shows you don't know what you linked to because you made a claim that goes against what you linked to.
    Baffling but common on mmo.

The thread you linked to has only 1 chart that seems to be the most up to date and that is currently visible to you and me.

The march chart indicates which content has higher drop rates, does it not?

- - - Updated - - -

Even M+ isn't as efficient as LFR.
    Really?
    I am convinced you cannot read material you link to.

The charts you linked to, and the march chart is the one we should be using as it is the most current, clearly shows that mythic plus is 0.02% better at dropping legs than lfr.

I am being technical here, 0.02% is nothing but it is still higher.

If you are going to make claims like "dropping legs than MOST other content, whilst linking to a chart that clearly doesn't show that to be the case then i suggest you refrain from linking to material that damages your already under-test reading comprehension.

Edit: talking purely about the chart you linked to, NOT emissary chests or content that isn't shown on the chart.
    Last edited by Heeresman; 2017-05-29 at 12:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    you are the one making the claim. You should be fully aware what does and what doesn't when linking to a chart which invariably shows you don't know what you linked to because you made a claim that goes against what you linked to.
    Baffling but common on mmo.

The thread you linked to has only 1 chart that seems to be the most up to date and that is currently visible to you and me.

The march chart indicates which content has higher drop rates, does it not?

- - - Updated - - -

Really?
    I am convinced you cannot read material you link to.

The charts you linked to, and the march chart is the one we should be using as it is the most current, clearly shows that mythic plus is 0.02% better at dropping legs than lfr.

I am being technical here, 0.02% is nothing but it is still higher.

If you are going to make claims like "dropping legs than MOST other content, whilst linking to a chart that clearly doesn't show that to be the case then i suggest you refrain from linking to material that damages your already under-test reading comprehension.

Edit: talking purely about the chart you linked to, NOT emissary chests or content that isn't shown on the chart.
    That is not higher. LFR is 0.39% per boss. M+ is 0.4% per run. LFR only takes less than 10mins for killing a boss.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-05-29 at 12:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is not higher. LFR is 0.39% M+ is 0.4%
    M+ 0.41% going off that chart you linked.

So you are saying 0.41% is not a higher value than 0.39%?

Or: 0.4% even if you like.

Think carefully now my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Because of this I have multiple legendaries over several characters, my main 2 that I play with have 5 and 4 each, if I'd have spent all my time on just one I'm sure I'd have gotten some of the better ones by now! (Hunter has BIS MM but other than that they're all pretty rubbish!)

What I'm wondering is, would it be worth also doing LFR as well? And with the above in mind how often should I expect to see a legendary? (roughly as I realise it's RNG).
    I got 16 legendarys on 1 char and by playing a constant amount of time each week I can tell how much time / IDs I need to see a new legendary. Since the legendary 4-softcap the time spend for 1 legendary is pretty constant for me.

I do all normal/heroic raids, I do all LFR, I do all mythic+0 and 2-3 mythic+>0 and the first 4-6 mythic NH bosses.
    I get a new legendary every ID when I did all of the above, I get 1 legendary every 7-9 days for the playtime of 3 evenings (LFR/mythic, normal/heroic-raid, mythic-raid)

Very little time investment and because I play only 1 char, over time I get a huge amount of legendarys.

Last edited by Ange; 2017-05-29 at 12:32 PM.
    -

Funny that people here seriously believe you can put a single individual drop percentage to a single dropping event in a progressively odds increasing system.
    The numbers linked just show the relative culmulative drop probabilities between the (then) possible drop locations, and it even lacks the untrackable emissary cache.

And even that result might be off, for example it shows that mythic raiding has a 70% higher chance of dropping a legendary than a LFR boss does, but for example it does not consider that mythic raiders that did 10m+ every day might have done significantly more BLP increasing content than a LFR casual who logs in once on the weekend just to join LFR.

Just got legendary shoulders from LFR Guldan last night, 3rd BIS as ret. Was funny because she had 5 up to that point and none had come from bosses (nor had the 3-4 legendaries on my alts) and I was just getting a quick kill for the quest from the order hall mission since the cache was heroic, and it happened to drop off of him. I've seen a lot of legendaries drop for other people in LFR over the time that I've run it; one time I saw 3 people get them from the same boss. I'd say it's worth running it. At the very least you get AP and whatnot for your efforts.

As to your question about "how often should I see one," like I said, I haven't had much luck in LFR but kill points are kill points and it's RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    As someone who has every single legendary for my class (all specs) except the crafted ones, I can tell you:
    I you do the full "work" of LFR, Normal, Hero in all existing raids (myth NH if you do it anyway), daily emissary, every m+ dungeon in at least 10 (click "i" then the mythic plus tab to see) and the weekly m+ chest resulting from it, and all possible turn-ins for the buildings on the isle, you will receive one legendary about every single week.

I'm now more curious if I can actually accumulate BLP although there literally are no more legendaries I could get. I'm already thinking about just stockpiling the chests from emissary and building turn-ins.
    Now this I'd like to see screenshots for, or I'm calling BS.

Deleted
    Stop spreading misinformation, the drop rate certainly is not 0.5%. The chart you are linking to is a small bit of data, on top of that people who dont usually do lfr do it when they "feel" like their bad luck protection is high, meaning it is higher so the drop rates look higher. No one really knows how big of a drop chance lfr has, no one knows how much blp you get from a failed lfr boss. On top of all this they have clearly stated that they have increased legendary drop chances a bit on a weekly basis.

Deleted
    I even got Legendaries (1 on each of 2 different characters) from some random chests in the open world, so... yes, running LFR qualifies as well (got 2 legendaries from there, both for my main). Though, most of my legendaries come from either Emissary chests or similar chests. I would not dare to estimate drop rates, because they probably are changing over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    /facepalm

Legendaries drop from so many places that there is always something else you could be doing instead of LFR. Every world quest you do, every dungeon boss you kill, every battlegrounds, arenas or ashran you enter, ups your odds of getting a legendary. There is literally an infinite amount of non-LFR content that can keep you busy every waking hour that you can do instead of LFR.

The whole design of the system is that no matter who you are, no matter what aspect of WoW you enjoy, whatever you're doing is going to help you get to your legendaries (well almost, it is possible to find ways to avoid doing anything that might land you a legendary, but that would take a special kind of effort).

If you're running LFR just for the legendaries and hate doing so, you have only yourself to blame...
    the world quest itself dont reward legendaries, just the caches

- - - Updated - - -

Which content drops more than LFR besides M,H,N raids? Even M+ isn't as efficient as LFR.
    usually i clear NH normal and heroic together in less than 3 hours every week every week while 4 wings off lfr tooks alone 2 hours + queue time becouse ppl at lfr loves to wipe on trash, especially on the way to botanist