Thread: CRZ sucks nutz.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    Or trade. Or be in a guild.
    Absolutely right, but this has no influence of the content you can do together.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I agree with this. CRZ is okay for having people to do things together, like world bosses and so on which often is mostly needed but it does not fix those things that you mention - form a raiding guild, healthier auction house and server community.

Not so rarely, Blizzard starts to remind me on this situation that I had on work. A new factory line has opened and bunch of new workers got jobs. Our director said "You'll not believe where you have come to work!" and that sounded positive. But now, few months later workers are saying "I REALLY DO NOT BELIEVE WHERE I HAVE COME TO WORK" in negative way.
    No. You don't need CRZ for World Bosses. LFG addons will always do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    They really need to get rid of this horrible feature.... Questing in Broken Shore... run across someone on another realm... Started helping each other out.

Well. CRZ can go to hell and it can die. It the past friended run something with this person and built more server community. Now.. Fuck it all. CRZ and who ever thought it can go rot under a rock.

Rant off.
    CRZ - is merging servers without actually merging servers. It has several benefits for Blizzard, so they will never get rid of it. First of all, they don't have to close servers, i.e. no negative "game is dying" psychological impact. Second - servers are actually "namespaces", i.e. two different servers may have the same character and guild names. Closing servers = taking character and guild names away from players. Third - physical server hardware can be utilized more effectively. Instead of running location servers for 1-2 players - Blizzard can push hundreds of players to there. All exceeding hardware can be used to extend capacity of servers (that's why all servers are low now) or to use is for free on other games, like Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch. To many benefits to take bad players' gaming experience into account.

Nobody cares, that you have to play in lagging overcrowded location with crazy mob respawn rates, complete lack of immersion (cuz how enemies can be dangerous, if they barely can respawn due to 24/7 farm?) and 10:1 faction imbalance.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-05-29 at 10:05 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    CRZ - is merging servers without actually merging servers. It has several benefits for Blizzard, so they will never get rid of it. First of all, they don't have to close servers, i.e. no negative "game is dying" psychological impact.
    More game is dying when you see everywhere is CRZ

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    You're clearly not getting the point of CRZ. Blizzard implemented CRZ to allow us to feel like regardless of level we're still part of an immersive world where people steal our mobs and farming nodes.
    Yep, this. CRZ is Blizzard's way of ensuring that the world "never feels empty," despite the fact that pretty much nobody complained about that and the fact that it ensures that mount/rare collectors are basically fucked out of things like Time Lost forever. Fuck everything about CRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    More game is dying when you see everywhere is CRZ
    Yeah, CRZ/Megaservers - is one of indications of unsuccessful/F2P game. For example GW2 has been having this feature right from release. As I've already said numerous of times: you don't realize it, but currently Blizzard copy-paste almost everything from GW2. It's funny thing, cuz GW2 was considered to be one of those "Wow killers" back in Cata's days. And what now? It appears, that it's more successive, that Wow, if Wow copy-pastes all features from it?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was on a low pop realm outnumbered by the other faction from legion launch till right before 7.2, CRZ really did suck as it brought more other faction players over from other realms.

Now on the biggest horde EU pve realm, the world DOES feel emptier and less CRZ is happening, I imagine there's just a whole bunch of same-server sharding going on. Cause oftentimes even during the day I was the only one fighting broken shore rares, even when it was new.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so you're against cross realm communities but at the same time want better realm communities?
    Those are two different things.

I have a love hate relationship with CRZ but there is no arguing against the fact that this help seal the coffin on server communities. With LFR/LFG and CRZ there is 0 sense of server communities compared to the old days.

DO NOT GET ME WRONG. I am not saying these features are bad things...they just came at a cost.

Also, because reading what you said again...just a FYI population does not equal communities. Look at any huge city....it isn't one community....it is a major hub for multiple communities. The thing is ...with a city there is some city pride...there is no server pride.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    I like CRZ personally. And if you found a bud, why didn't you just friend them and then group?
    pfft ...look what the cat dragged out.

They really need to get rid of this horrible feature.... Questing in Broken Shore... run across someone on another realm... Started helping each other out.

Well. CRZ can go to hell and it can die. It the past friended run something with this person and built more server community. Now.. Fuck it all. CRZ and who ever thought it can go rot under a rock.

Rant off.
    You said it, server comunity, Now you play with the whole US/EU server.
    Last edited by shonist; 2017-05-29 at 02:31 PM.

Cross realm is great when it's used just to invite plyers from other realms to do dungeons and such but when you get warped around and players or nodes jump in and out of existence the game just feels broken and unpolished. It's a pretty big issue in Legion.

I guess I can see why Blizzard wants it though. The world is pretty much dead without players from other servers and I guess Blizzard still makes too much from payed server transefers to merge servers.

Rant off.
    agree with your rant pretty much to the word. I shouldnt have to wade through off server horde running around flagging everything just so you cant get it in order to complete my daily grind.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Another reason might be something that could happen with Lich King expansion and the sudden burst with subscriptions. If they start to withdraw servers wholly then it could cause issues later on if subscriptions did go up. It's a potential long shot I will agree to a degree however, many would say "but wow is dying do it won't happen again". Well if you're that good at predicting could you tell me the lotto numbers while ya at it?

Another factor is Blizzard started to fragment servers based on language because before you didn't really see Portuguese specific ones (that comes straight to mind), it was all shoved together - I honestly remember the trade fights where dicks would exclaim you needed to speak only English on European servers...

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    agree with your rant pretty much to the word. I shouldnt have to wade through off server horde running around flagging everything just so you cant get it in order to complete my daily grind.
    That's how I felt for 6 months of legion, other faction was already 3 to 1, only to get even more alliance to tag everything, everywhere (partly due to questfinder addons but definately not exclusive, cause it was usually the same connected realm clusters spawning in)

On actual world bosses etc, you usually saw vastly more varied and different realms.

crz is one of the main thing who helped the game to be better

-your wq is bugued ? : crz and its done
    -want to kill that rare quickly without waiting 45 hours for the spawning ? : crz and its done
    -same with world boss: crz..i love you you crz
    -old raid/new raid ? : crz, dont have to wait 4 days
    -boring wq ? : crz, here, its done quickly ! so hot
    -more, more, more : crz xD

man, crz is one of the best thing ever in wow, you dont feel you are prisoner of your realm anymore

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    crz is one of the main thing who helped the game to be better

-your wq is bugued ? : crz and its done
    -want to kill that rare quickly without waiting 45 hours for the spawning ? : crz and its done
    -same with world boss: crz..i love you you crz
    -old raid/new raid ? : crz, dont have to wait 4 days
    -boring wq ? : crz, here, its done quickly ! so hot
    -more, more, more : crz xD

man, crz is one of the best thing ever in wow, you dont feel you are prisoner of your realm anymore
    what flavor cool aide was that?
    i want to make sure i stay away from it.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Maybe there should be an 'opt-in' option.

So you can enjoy the lonely chill of Duskwood all by yourself.
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~

I would rather they just merge the realms to make all of them, or at least, more of them into really good populated realms. Instead of just faking it so they don't have to do with "lawl server merge dead game" drama.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're clearly not getting the point of CRZ. Blizzard implemented CRZ to allow us to feel like regardless of level we're still part of an immersive world where people steal our mobs and farming nodes.
    In older outdoor content anyway. Farming Nodes, except skins, can be gathered by up to 10 ppl now. Virtually all mobs can be tapped by up to 5 ppl of the same faction, and specific quest mobs are pretty much as many ppl as it's HP pool can handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

This^ /10chars

7+ Year Old Account

Rant off.
    what?
    you start off saying
    "Crz is cool, i ran into somone from another realm and we helped eachother out"

then you go to
    "crz sucks, cause back in the day you met people" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content