Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post

Oh, individual white people can oppress individual people of color because society backs them up. The other way around not so much.
    Racism is racism regardless of the victims or the perpetrators race.

A black person will always face racism. Every day. All the time.
    Nope.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-05-29 at 04:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's with these other Americans recently? Always gotta find something to fight.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    No such thing as racism against whites.
    What absolute nonsense. The whole "can't be racist against whites" argument is plain rubbish birthed out of the bowels of tumblr-centric activism with the sole purpose of absolving one of blame when they take a racist action against someone who is white.

Twisting definitions to fit your own narrative yet denying others the use of the same definition is a prime example of hypocrisy. These and other ideas which aren't allowing rational discourse for fear of violence does more harm than good and keeps you locked in an echo-chamber of perpetual victimhood.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Where would that be?

What events?

Oh, individual white people can oppress individual people of color because society backs them up. The other way around not so much.

A person of color can of course be prejudiced against a white person and try to make things difficult, but that is no racism. The white person can just remove themselves from the situation and enjoy their white privilege.

A black person will always face racism. Every day. All the time. A white person might face some prejudice or mild inconvenience once or twice in their live.

Great argument.
    Hahahaha. Oh, wait, you're serious. Lemme laugh even harder. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

So, hypothetically speaking. If a black man jumped a white man, knocked him out, and surreptitiously hauled said white man back to his house, then proceeded to hog tie whitey inside his basement, as soon as whitey wakes up he can just use his privilege powers to magically extricate himself from the situation? He can totally just hold up the privilege card when the black guy tells him that he's going to slowly dismember him, one finger joint at a time, for being white?

Let's look at another scenario. If a white man and a black man get stranded on an island together in international waters, the white man is incapable of being racist because there is no society to "back him up"? But if they get rescued, as soon as their helicopter gets 1 Planck length into US territory, the white man can be racist again? What if they get rescued by South Africans? Can the black man be racist as soon the helicopter is 1 Planck length into South African territory, because he has a majority black society to "back him up"?

I just wanna make sure I understand the rules so I don't accidentally a thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    mfw my white privelege is on cooldown

Where would that be?

What events?

A person of color can of course be prejudiced against a white person and try to make things difficult, but that is no racism. The white person can just remove themselves from the situation and enjoy their white privilege.

A black person will always face racism. Every day. All the time. A white person might face some prejudice or mild inconvenience once or twice in their live.

Great argument.
    You do know all across europe in history whites were made into slaves? Or did you flunk out of history. As for the events open your eyes, BLM is always harassing whites at thier rallies.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    You're trying to change a word to match your retarded ideas, I live in reality where words have specific meaning.
    The meaning has to be applicable. White people face no racism in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Or they'll receive slights that they view as racism, because people in our culture are so ready to victimize themselves and appeal to authority to make everything better. Though, I would like to clarify that this is dependent on location. I'm sure there are some black people who face racism daily. But I don't think it's reasonable to state, without data, that all black people face racism daily.

Secondly, a black person being prejudiced against someone because of the color of their skin is racism. Racial prejudice = racism. There is no requirement for power there - and even if there was, selectively withholding your value from others is a means of exerting power that any individual can maintain.

Finally, until you can quantify the effect that 'white privilege' has on life outcomes, don't bother using it as an argument. It's amorphous. It has no demonstrated value. I agree that it might exist in some form but I would contend that the magnitude of the effect is small in most cases, and may even be weaker than minority privileges (black people/minorities helping each other out more because they view themselves as oppressed victims, or taking advantage of programs specifically for minorities).
    The effect on lives out come is that white people as a group have social, political and economic power over the other groups. Racial profiling, housing, loan, hiring, education policies. Hate crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Racism is discrimination based on race. The definition ends there. You may be right in that a black person being racist has potentially fewer negative effects (although I doubt it, these days) but they're still being racist.

Also, a rich black person is still way more privileged then a poor white person. Class and wealth privilege is a force factors of magnitude bigger in the US. And guess what, due to historical differences (slavery, mostly) taking their sweet time to even out naturally, black people are more likely to be poor right now. I think what you're seeing is a mixup of correlation <-> causation, and what really happens is that people shit on poor people (like they always have) and it looks like systemic racism to the lazy observer.
    Rich black people are still discriminated because of their race on a societal level. Neither rich nor poor whites are.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Are you serious?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    racism is prejudiced based on race....
    Racism is racism regardless of the victims or the perpetrators race.
    No. Racism is prejudice with the power to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    What absolute nonsense. The whole "can't be racist against whites" argument is plain rubbish birthed out of the bowels of tumblr-centric activism with the sole purpose of absolving one of blame when they take a racist action against someone who is white.

Twisting definitions to fit your own narrative yet denying others the use of the same definition is a prime example of hypocrisy. These and other ideas which aren't allowing rational discourse for fear of violence does more harm than good and keeps you locked in an echo-chamber of perpetual victimhood.
    No, it is applying words to actual reality, no fantasy where white people face racism.

What violence? What victimhood. The only people I see perpetuating victimhood are whites who want to be victims for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Hahahaha. Oh, wait, you're serious. Lemme laugh even harder. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

So, hypothetically speaking. If a black man jumped a white man, knocked him out, and surreptitiously hauled said white man back to his house, then proceeded to hog tie whitey inside his basement, as soon as whitey wakes up he can just use his privilege powers to magically extricate himself from the situation? He can totally just hold up the privilege card when the black guy tells him that he's going to slowly dismember him, one finger joint at a time, for being white?

Let's look at another scenario. If a white man and a black man get stranded on an island together in international waters, the white man is incapable of being racist because there is no society to "back him up"? But if they get rescued, as soon as their helicopter gets 1 Planck length into US territory, the white man can be racist again? What if they get rescued by South Africans? Can the black man be racist as soon the helicopter is 1 Planck length into South African territory, because he has a majority black society to "back him up"?

1) A horrible crime. But not racism. 2) Racism is learned through growing up in white supremacist societies. You can't escape it. Just because an individual white person can't do harm in a specific made up situation does not negate its overall existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    mfw my white privelege is on cooldown
    -Snip-
    A horrible crime. No racism. Prejudice. Isolated anecdotes do not change overall societal realities.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    You do know all across europe in history whites were made into slaves? Or did you flunk out of history. As for the events open your eyes, BLM is always harassing whites at thier rallies.
    By other whites. Also, source on the harassment?

___

Anyway, guys. Listen. I am white. I am probably whiter than most of you. Like super, duper pasty. I will never face racism in my entire live. Ever.
    And neither will any of you that are also white.

What can I say, I find your insistence that we face racism just utterly embarrassing. Complaining about the minuscule, insignificant nuisances that we have to deal with for our race and calling it racism is just insane. It makes us as a race look weak, imho. We can't take the tiniest blow back without crying apparently. Don't you guys feel any shame?

Again, I deplore you all. Stop embarrassing our people.

According to the definition of the word they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey Elba, keep arguing that SJW nonsense if you want actual liberal policies to never get passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Hey Elba, keep arguing that SJW nonsense if you want actual liberal policies to never get passed.
    I don't think I have that much influence.

But really, liberal policies get passes in my country all the time. As for America, honestly, you guys can have your conservative policies. I hope you enjoy not having health care.

This threads last 2 pages are gold. Selfhating racist spews his black stormfront nonsense and mods dont stop this race discussion for some reason. *brb getting more popcorn*

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-05-29 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    According to the definition of the word they do.
    As I said, that definition, created by white people btw, has no basis in reality. As such it is bollox.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    This threads last 2 pages are gold. Selfhating racist spews his black stormfront nonsense and mods dont stop this race discussion for some reason. *brb getting more popcorn*
    How is holding my race to a high standard and not wanting us to turn into sniveling wimps self hating? Arguing white people face racism is self hating as, again, it is like saying we are weak bitches. People of color face actual oppression.They have every right to protest. We face minor inconveniences. Please grow up.

As I said, that definition, created by white people btw, has no basis in reality. As such it is bollox.

- - - Updated - - -

How is holding my race to a high standard and not wanting us to turn into sniveling wimps self hating? Arguing white people face racism is self hating as, again, it is like saying we are weak bitches. People of color face actual oppression.They have every right to protest. We face minor inconveniences. Please grow up.
    People like you are the reason moderate lefties are voting right wing just to vote explicitly against you.

We can fix havoc wrought by multiple right wing governments once the left has reformed itself an excised people like you, but what you're advocating is straight out of 1884 level bullshit.
    Last edited by Magicpot; 2017-05-29 at 02:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

The effect on lives out come is that white people as a group have social, political and economic power over the other groups. Racial profiling, housing, loan, hiring, education policies. Hate crimes.

Rich black people are still discriminated because of their race on a societal level. Neither rich nor poor whites are.

Yes.

No, it is applying words to actual reality, no fantasy where white people face racism.

What violence? What victimhood. The only people I see perpetuating victimhood are whites who want to be victims for some reason.

1) A horrible crime. But not racism. 2) Racism is learned through growing up in white supremacist societies. You can't escape it. Just because an individual white person can't do harm in a specific made up situation does not negate its overall existence.

A horrible crime. No racism. Prejudice. Isolated anecdotes do not change overall societal realities.

By other whites. Also, source on the harassment?

___

Anyway, guys. Listen. I am white. I am probably whiter than most of you. Like super, duper pasty. I will never face racism in my entire live. Ever.
    And neither will any of you that are also white.

What can I say, I find your insistence that we face racism just utterly embarrassing. Complaining about the minuscule, insignificant nuisances that we have to deal with for our race and calling it racism is just insane. It makes us as a race look weak, imho. We can't take the tiniest blow back without crying apparently. Don't you guys feel any shame?

Again, I deplore you all. Stop embarrassing our people.
    You have the worst bait on this site. Stop trying so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    People like you are the reason moderate lefties are voting right wing just to vote explicitly against you.
    Doubt it. But again, not American. Don't care. Hope Trump gets 8 years.

Definition of racism in English:

racism

NOUN

mass noun
    1Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
    ‘a programme to combat racism’
    1.1 The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
    ‘theories of racism’

Nope. Nothing about power.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You have the worst bait on this site. Stop trying so hard.
    But I actually believe what I posted.

- - - Updated - - -

racism

NOUN

mass noun
    1Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
    1.1 The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
    ‘theories of racism’

And that definition is nonsense as it is based on fantasy.

Nope: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/racism

Actually your definition of racism is nonsense as its based on your fantasy.

racism

NOUN

mass noun
    ‘theories of racism’

I think Elba ment the academic definition of racism. Most extreme left loons use that definition, because that way they can say that white people are more racist because they hold more power etc. It helps them avoid any responsibility when they are saying/doing racist things themselves.