Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Melee are going to have problems with a resto druid 2v1, since resto druids are essentially a melee countering healer. Just how it is. You say you dont want healers too strong, but you are also probably one of those people who complain that there are no healers or that they arent getting heals. Fact of the matter is when healers are weak there are less healers. There are multiple ways to kill healers 2v1. You cant look at resto druid as melee dps and be like qq i cant kill him.... You can wreck monks, priests, and even shamans. Healers in bgs are strong when there are more than one of them and your team doesnt understand the concept of cc. Do you have any clue how hard it is to cast anything with more than 1 person on you. Stuns, fear, grips, pushes, etc all count as pseudo interrupts fyi, and then you have to deal with actual interrupts. IF you are the only healer in a bg even now you are gonna have a fucked up time when they focus you, especially with addons like healers have to die. You guys were talking about other games but in other games i dont have to worry about being interrupted, just cc'd. Do you know what happened to a monk when they made a single mistake and got stunned before that huge vers buff. They died. in seconds. Yes, resto druids are a little strong atm against melee, but melee is stupidly strong atm. Uptime is kinda ridiculous. You want healer nerfs, then nerf melee uptime. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    I like world pvp. The main things I do in game are quest, random BG's, work professions, and world pvp. I do not gank low levels, but if a player is the same level as I am it is definitely one of guilty pleasures to engage them while they are killing quest mobs.

However, the one thing that I have disliked for a long time in this game is that healers are immortal in 1v1 combat. It just feels boring and unfair that a if I see a healer out in the world I may as well good the other way because they are impossible to solo. However, healers can solo me over a certain period of time.
    Most healers can't really kill you, exception being disci priest and holy paladin -- and even in case of these two it highly depends on who are they facing and how skilled that person is. I've met DH which I made literally disappear in an instant as well as DH which did the same to me.

Also it's strange how you complain about healers but are totally fine with tanks being able to wreck Sargeras himself they met him in world PVP. Could it be that perhaps you are actually playing a tank? My bet would be on guardian druid.

Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    Most healers don't do enough damage to kill anyone unless you let them hit you for a minute or so. Even then most classes can heal themselves enough to make it not worth the healer's time. HOWEVER, a disc priest with a fully buffed Light's Wrath can literally one shot you in world PvP if they're geared. I know because my guild's disc priest does it all the time when doing free-for-all world quests.
    All the time with a hidden ability which will proc few times per day.... uh..ok

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Well, it rather looks like Thelxi plays a healer and feels frustrated about it and came here to just make someone feel bad. While in truth, he/she could play better as well.
    In truth, your playing is in more need of betterment than both of us.

What is the situation you're in when fighting a healer, if it's not arena?

If it's a battleground, why aren't your teammates killing the healer with you? Why are you trying to solo a healer? It would be better retreat and find an objective to capture instead of fighting an endless battle.

If it's in world PvP, if you have over 900 ilvl you should have enough burst damage to kill a healer outright, due to the lack of PvP templates to balance the fight. Otherwise you should just CC and run, players with more gear than you will kill you.

If you're trying to duel a healer, why? That's been a nightmare to do for the past 3 expansions.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Because if one person could kill them then imagine how hard it'd be for them when there's 2 or 3 on them in an arena match - No amount of peeling would do anything.
    then how come it worked in TBC?
    the problem is that peeling is a lot less effective nowadays, since blizzard has gutted CC and made dispels a lot more accessible (IE gave it to every healer)
    and every dps can basically outheal a healer's dps, which is also stupid, selfhealing is too good now

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    If a DPS vs. DPS results in a fair chance that either DPS can kill the other, that's fair and balanced.

If a DPS vs. Healer results in no chance that either one kills the other, that's fair and balanced.

If DPS vs. Healer always resulted in the DPS winning...waddafuck?

but what if a dps vs healer resulted in a fair chance that either kills the other? like in... tbc?

the most fun in pvp ive ever had was playing 2dps/3dps in 2s and 3s. not having a healer is a liability now when it used to be a strategic choice.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-05-29 at 08:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    I like world pvp. The main things I do in game are quest, random BG's, work professions, and world pvp. I do not gank low levels, but if a player is the same level as I am it is definitely one of guilty pleasures to engage them while they are killing quest mobs.

However, the one thing that I have disliked for a long time in this game is that healers are immortal in 1v1 combat. It just feels boring and unfair that a if I see a healer out in the world I may as well good the other way because they are impossible to solo. However, healers can solo me over a certain period of time.
    They aren't immortal, FAR from. If you interrupt fine, then you'll be fine. As well, a healthy burst can handle them too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I wish I'm dumb enough to get hooked on that.
    Indeed you are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylista6 View Post
    Anyways, if you want to go cry about people being immortal, go attack a blood dk or a guardian druid. Not only will they kill you, they'll do it quickly, while remaining at 100% hp, even with all those quest mobs on them. MY guilty pleasure is heading into the sewer with Overloaded with Light, looking for that one asshole tank actively engaged in attacking someone, and 1shot them.
    Can't speak for blood, but as guardian pvp feels like rock/paper/scissors. I have no trouble with Havoc and the other burst classes and can mow them down with Incarn, but I have yet to find a strat that allows me to kill a competent Shadow or Afflock, even though those classes are usually considered jokes in wpvp.
    Last edited by mmoc41520863c8; 2017-05-29 at 09:23 AM. Reason: formatting

Deleted
    Wish I could queue for bg with no healers in it.. most of the time for me horde will have one healer vs 2 or 3 healers from alliance..

I don't enjoy the ZERG healer with 4-5 dps that's required because if u don't kill them good job killing anything else with a healer freecasting

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    but what if a dps vs healer resulted in a fair chance that either kills the other? like in... tbc?
    Then that's fine and fair, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Then that's fine and fair, too.
    yeah, so why isnt it like that? that's a way better design then

this whole "the healer cant die 1v1 to a dps" thing is one of the main things that ruined wow pvp, it lead to such atrocities as dampening, it made 2v2 a complete joke when it was always the most popular arena bracket.

it's just horrible design

They aren't immortal, FAR from. If you interrupt fine, then you'll be fine. As well, a healthy burst can handle them too.
    yeah, with 40% dampening

and if we're talking about outdoor pvp, then yes sure, but dmg is so inflated there thanks to legendaries and such that it's irrelevant.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-05-29 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    yeah, so why isnt it like that? that's a way better design then

this whole "the healer cant die 1v1 to a dps" thing is one of the main things that ruined wow pvp, it lead to such atrocities as dampening, it made 2v2 a complete joke when it was always the most popular arena bracket.

it's just horrible design
    I'm not disagreeing.

The game isn't balanced around 1v1, Blizz has said it a bunch of times.

Also obligatory lol @ world pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Just look at this from a rated perspective, you can not seriously participate in competitive WoW PvP for any period of time and think that healers should be able to die 1v1 (consistently). How would you even begin to balance that? How do you 'outplay' a healer 1v1 as, say, a frost death knight? Interrupt him at the right time and death grip 1 cast? Gee, good job...

There would be no point at all in bringing a healer to a 3v3 arena match. None.
    It was possible to 1v1 healers in wotlk, cataclysm and mop. I don't know about WoD and Legion. In all those expansions healers were still used in 2v2 and 3v3. In wotlk it was even possible for healers to kill DPS 1v1. Your argument makes no sense.

Comparisons to HoTS, LoL and other games aren't really all that applicable, because those games are designed solely as PvP games, whereas WoW has much more complex class design, more abilities, and is designed with PvP as a subset of the game, not as the game. With the amount of abilities/CC mechanics/utility spells that WoW has, it's expected that PvP combat is going to be more strategic and drawn out than in dedicated PvP games.

Not only that, but the majority of people who do any type of WoW PvP are not doing arena/rated BGs; they are doing random BGs, and it isn't like you're going to have peeling, etc. as something that happens with any frequency in random BGs. If you make it so that healers just fall over when any DPS spec touches them, you can 100% guarantee that healing specs will be 0 fun whatsoever to play in random BGs, and people just won't bother with it. That affects participation levels, etc.

To achieve what people want to achieve within the confines of how classes are designed, I think the only way to do it would be to just blacklist healing and tanking specs from BGs altogether and have them be a DPS only zergfest. That, of course, would probably never happen because the outcry would be deafening.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    It was possible to 1v1 healers in wotlk, cataclysm and mop. I don't know about WoD and Legion. In all those expansions healers were still used in 2v2 and 3v3. In wotlk it was even possible for healers to kill DPS 1v1. Your argument makes no sense.
    It's just as possible to 1v1 them now as it's ever been. That is, assuming that there's nobody to help them and you're given an unlimited amount of time. That's how it's always been, if healers were unable to out-heal one warrior then how could they expect to outheal a boomkin/affli lock team multidotting everything? The through-put required to heal a team of three is leagues beyond what they need to keep themselves alive.

That's why there's so much CC in the game. It's not about just drilling rotations into players, getting one interrupt and thinking you deserve a kill. It's about finding that golden window where they can't react, rather than zerging them until they've ran out of buttons to press.

Honestly, all I see in this thread are people screaming "But... I... I pushed all of my buttons? I deserve to win?! "
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2017-05-29 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healers are weaker than they've been in years and people are still complaining about not being able to 1v1 them when in fact that would defeat the purpose of bringing a healer to any pvp situation at all.

The meta right now literally revolves around killing people in stuns because if there are no available cooldowns healers cannot actually heal through the burst damage most classes have available to them on short cooldowns. I'm sorry to say that if you're having trouble against healers the problem is you, not the healers.

you're not playing the correct specs, try havoc DH pop meta, or fury warrior battlecry+DoS see if they can react to heal themselves in the 1.5 second window they have to live.

healers still can easily out live most damage dealers damage. the only exceptions are rogue stunlock and kill and mage 1 shots if they choose to run that build. The rest of the spec require extensive setup and usually dampening to kill in instance pvp. (Ofc I am talking about 2k plus players who actually know how to play the game) Arms and Unholy are also healer killers but require uptime to preform. Healers are still way out of line and have been since wrath to compensate for the insane levels of burst that certain classes (mage/rogue/desto) have been able to do in the past. and this is why we have dampening which is basically a way to put dps into a gradual position to kill healers. to anyone disagreeing, go que 2200 2s and minus a few outliers, most comps are dampeners and work towards killing in dampening.

healers should die to a dps who is attacking them after a while, not within a few seconds but also not as long as 10 minutes. healers are supports and should require peels and forms of cc to allow them to do their job. the only exception to this is possibly an hpal.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you're not playing the correct specs, try havoc DH pop meta, or fury warrior battlecry+DoS see if they can react to heal themselves in the 1.5 second window they have to live.
    To be fair I could wreck most healers in 1v1 situations out in the world prior to even having a DOS. The only heals I had an issue with was resto druid cause they just sit in bear form.