Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I dunno man going by that logic you seem pretty triggered when someone brings up the idea of creating a set that's practical...

Why else would you bring up the whole "hipster sense of superiority" angle?
    I'm not so much triggered by how they dress their characters as I am about their attitude though, so your logic is a bit off.
    Couldn't care less about what their characters look like, it's not as if though they're using pieces that aren't part of the game. Same as with revealing armor. I also wouldn't begin to pretend that their choice of look for their characters somehow tarnishes my immersion and experience in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Because it looks god damn ridiculous and typically these "slut-mog" players are guys who say that they can't play male characters 'cause it feels gay. C'mon.
    I've actually known many woman who wear slutty armors.

Don't be sexist. You're more or less saying that women can't enjoy showing skin.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'm not so much triggered by how they dress their characters as I am about their attitude though, so your logic is a bit off.
    Not really. I'm just concerned people's creepy attitudes are when they make their blow-up doll transmogs. Seriously if you want to make a wankbait transmog then there are cheaper and more in depth programs for that.

People are free to wear what they want though, just as I'm free to call out how sad some of it is.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2017-05-29 at 02:49 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have a rule for myself I don't want more then 2 of each race on a realm.

Otherwise I'd probably have mostly blood elf female too.

I don't think there is no middle ground for some people.

Anyway, personally I won't mind armour having openness, perhaps not to the point you might as well wear a metal g-string but some is ok with me. Being an artist I can understand why they will do it. I would say though originally it was more to keep the polygon count down because back in Vanilla (where most of these so-called slutmogs are), was when computers weren't really built with GPU's and such that had stronking power or even decent internet speeds to process between server and client.

Realism or not I won't really comment, it's just imagination being stumped for the sake of it sometimes and in all seriousness we have things like Demon Hunters and Mages including Warriors in fully blown, overboard armour pieces just running around in hot weather too when in history that would kill a man instead, when let's say, in the desert. Like Uldum.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberator View Post
    The immersive argument goes out the window when you have a 3ft character wield a weapon three times their size, but does it really matter what people think?
    Stupid reasoning. It's not because something else breaks immersion that suddendly nothing need to be immersive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I've actually known many woman who wear slutty armors.

Don't be sexist. You're more or less saying that women can't enjoy showing skin.
    I know there's women who do that thus the word "typically"

7+ Year Old Account
    Because it looks preeetty dumb. And if someone says "But it grants more mobility!" - just have someone with a weapon with longer reach than the opponent and the mobility gets cancelled out. Then again this is WoW so doesn't matter, so it's pure looks - and it's so stuuupid looking.

That being said: I simply prefer practical armour. Not a big fan of the oversized stuff Blizzard make, but something that looks like it's wearable despite all the bad shoulderpads that exists on almost every single armour in this game - but at least they look cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    That would be true if you didn't have NPC's running around not wearing much all the time. Or Demon Hunters in general.

You can't throw a rock in Orgrimmar without hitting an NPC that dresses down.
    Except the perfectly fine barbaric set some orcs have I can't recall any slutty looking NPCs in org.

Quote Originally Posted by slyphofspace View Post
    I think that the WOTLK change was due to people disliking the concept or "Rainbow pimp gear" [a.k.a http://s291.photobucket.com/user/cha...nsuit.jpg.html ]

It was all well and good when you had the full judgement set, but there was so much dumb looking mix and match that having gear which looked relatively similar pre-transmog was a god send for people who wanted their armour to look good.
    Ahhhh back in the day of Twinking, if you were in a BG and saw that, oh IDK... Rep pally dressed like a Circus Clown, you knew to steer clear. xD

Not really. I'm just concerned people's creepy attitudes are when they make their blow-up doll transmogs. Seriously if you want to make a wankbait transmog then there are cheaper and more in depth programs for that.
    I'd say there are more important things to be concerned with.

But again, it's fun to know that some people get so immensely triggered. A good way to be assumed to be a guy is evidently to slutmog.

My attitude when putting together this mog; "I rather like this look!".

So creepy! OOOOOH!

I'm a heterosexual woman in my early 30's, and can assure you that I don't "wank" to this character or any WoW characters.

Maybe the "creepy" comes from the people placing such sentiments onto this topic in the first place.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-05-29 at 02:55 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I don't think there is no middle ground for some people.

Anyway, personally I won't mind armour having openness, perhaps not to the point you might as well wear a metal g-string but some is ok with me. Being an artist I can understand why they will do it. I would say though originally it was more to keep the polygon count down because back in Vanilla (where most of these so-called slutmogs are), was when computers weren't really built with GPU's and such that had stronking power or even decent internet speeds to process between server and client.

Realism or not I won't really comment, it's just imagination being stumped for the sake of it sometimes and in all seriousness we have things like Demon Hunters and Mages including Warriors in fully blown, overboard armour pieces just running around in hot weather too when in history that would kill a man instead, when let's say, in the desert. Like Uldum.
    I would love to see more everyday clothes, and adventurer type gear that doesn't date back from vanilla models/textures.

Especially for Cloth/leather this can work. More hats, loose shirts/shorts, shoes, small boots.

There's more 3d elements in armor lately so no reason to not use that for some fun transmogs.

7+ Year Old Account
    It annoys me, but I don't tell people what they can and should enjoy.

Deleted
    I'd say there are more important things to be concerned with.

But again, it's fun to know that some people get so immensely triggered. A good way to be assumed to be a guy is evidently to slutmog.

My attitude when putting together this mog; "I rather like this look!".

So creepy! OOOOOH!
    Actually I ain't so much concerned about the slutmog aspect, more about the hypocrisy of your following statement:

Style might be subjective, but mix-matched transmogs are more often than not just plain trainwrecks of styles, colors and textures.
    Those shoulders with the chest/legs combo? Pssh are you even trying to look good?

And again, thanks for supporting my argument that people who use slutmogs are hyper defensive about justifying it. If you were so comfortable about yourselves using it then this thread wouldn't exist nor would you need to respond to me. Seems like people are incredibly desperate for self justification.

Once more I'll re-iterate because you seem to have difficulty grasping this: You're free to use all the slutmogs you want just as I'm free to judge you as boring, uninspired and creepy.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2017-05-29 at 02:58 PM.

In the same way that "Pandaren don't make sense and don't fit the game".

I can with 100% certainty say that I've never had my gaming experience disturbed by a revealing transmog.
    Just because your gaming experience isn't disturbed by it doesn't make it okay. It's WoW, most of us don't care about most things going on, it's extremely arcade, log on, get some chores done, log out unless a friend is on to do something with, otherwise it's too boring to play. Same goes with the setting and the fantasy, at some point we're just bored with it and stop giving a shit if people start running around with hours of effort put into making sure they look like you could give them 5g to choke on your dick.

Quote Originally Posted by slyphofspace View Post
    Because it looks stupid and lazy, like they didn't want to take time to make female armour which looks as good as male armour.
    But that armor looks ugly. I wish the male had the bikini option there...

My 2 cents. Pre transmog, I would have been against it because of 'forcing' players to wear such armor for the stats, like it or not. Now though, I don't care. Go ahead and add it. If you don't like it, there's the transmog option right there.
    On the 'realistic' side of the argument, most of our armor and weapons are unrealistic. All of our classes are unrealistic. Azeroth is unrealistic. That's why I love it. I don't want realism in my WoW.
    On the 'objectifying' side of the argument, I have to smile and chuckle. Most of the people I personally know (yeah yeah small group, blah blah) who want more skimpy armor are women. My girlfriend would LOVE to have some more armor bikini's to throw her paladin in. Because she likes looking at the skin and being so awesome in so little armor makes her feel more powerful. If you feel like your toon is being objectified by her being in such armor, fine, that's what the transmog option is more. Put her in the biggest bulkiest armor you can find.

7+ Year Old Account
    I could only accept slutmogs if the gear was equally slutty on male characters, which it rarely is.
    I want a chainmail bikini on my belf male or tauren male damnit!

But honestly I think slutmogs are mostly childish and immature and the people who wear them are usually teenage boys which really needs to grow up or women whos intention is to get attention and/or gold/items from the aforementioned teenage boys. Or guys playing a female character to trick other guys. I have met girls who dress up their characters with slutmogs, but usually for a laugh. Not stopping me from dancing in Org with my tauren female in a dress though.

If I wanna play women with nonexistant gear I go play Tera or something.

Well it makes sense sometimes. You have to consider that armor, especially plate weighs a fuckton. Hence, they don't cover all of it sometimes.

Actually I ain't so much concerned about the slutmog aspect, more about the hypocrisy of your following statement:

Those shoulders with the chest/legs combo? Pssh are you even trying to look good?
    Could ask you the same thing for that shaman of yours.
    I'm not the one placing morals into how people dress their characters here. I can think that mix-matched looks are often trainwreck-status, and still enjoy some such looks. You're coming off as pretty defensive here yourself I must say, so thanks for supporting my argument as well in regards to WoW transmog hipsters.

Deleted
    Could ask you the same thing for that shaman of yours.
    I'm not the one placing morals into how people dress their characters here. I can think that mix-matched looks are often trainwreck-status, and still enjoy some such looks. You're coming off as pretty defensive here yourself I must say, so thanks for supporting my argument as well in regards to WoW transmog hipsters.
    Well it's good to know that we have opposing opinions that we're proud of then I can at least respect that.