Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you want to raid join a guild. there is always a guild that suits your playing time.

Deleted
    Here's a crazy idea, find players in the same situation with you (that's usually called a guild) and play with them. This is a multiplayer game after all, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Boosting will not be dead. Worst case is you're just going to see a lot of M+ rusn with everyone of the same gear type. 4 Mail + 1 Plate tank, 5 Plate classes, 4 Cloth + Plate Tank, 5 Leather .. etc etc

Let the sharing begin
    loot scales to 15 and you can deplete your key on purpose to go down a level...I doubt farming is going anywhere soon.

You farm the living shit out of invasions and broken shore to get dauntless pieces, and maybe even some war/titanforged raid pieces...and get some AC levels from your mains. Then you join mythics.

Idk honestly this stuff is silly. Farm nethershards/do invasions. Get friends. Suffer if you play WoW like its a single player game. Pug stuff appropriate for your ilvl.

You will skip to 850-860 ilvl more or less immediately upon hitting 110 assuming you buy dauntless gear and complete LFR. You'll likely loot a legendary immediately upon going through all of those LFRs as well. At that point you can begin buying 880+ relics with your nethershards, completing WQs for gear, and clearing all of M0. You probably finished your class hall campaign in the first day or two at max level. You're now 870 easily. Do something like low level keys and make friends.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2017-05-27 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    ... Are you seriously complaining about that?
    I am not complaining, I was answering the other guys' question that asked why boosting was gone. I prefer concordance by far as it is a dps upgrade if you do get more and more traits in it, but it is not as good as the 36-54 traits were so guild won't force players to spam m+ to get higher and higher traits for that little of a gain. Our guild is asking for 55 on mains and 52 on alts which is basically nothing and we are top 50 US.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    ... Are you seriously complaining about that?
    He is not complaining, he is stating one of the reasons why there will be far less booster groups. Booster groups arent really there purely for the person being boosted, but they are doing it for the AP tokens, if you have rank 1 concordance, right now there is no real reason to go further.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's a thing called Normal raids, ToS normal will drop 900-915, instant-catchup.

LFR will be the place to go for 885-895 gear.

PVP WQ will give 885 gear.

But right now on PTR other WQ are still 855-860, and mythic 0 865, so pretty much too low to be very useful anymore compared to other sources. Obviously it was tuned for NH, being similar to LFR itemlevels.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an itemlevel bump on WQ at least on ToS live, so far ToV raised itemlevel by 10, NH raised it by 15.

Instant AK40 for new alts will make concordance very easy to get too.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-28 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    I can level a new tank/healer and get 890-910+ within 1 month effortlessly just by making my own groups.

Low ilvl DPSers never get invited and never gets their groups joined, and without lowbie keys people just don't give a damn about them.

It would take me 3-4 months to hit 910 on a DPS while on a tank/healer.

>get a guild

ok hello, could u invite me hunter who's freshly dinged 840 and carry and loot train him in HC NH and mythic as well as keystones? thanks, i won't repay you or raid with you though so whatever.

I just pug raids and generally clear heroic in 1-2 weeks, then casually do SOME mythics and play whatever, so don't give me that bullshit "you don't need gear", yes I do need gear I still do the damn content, especially with how strict some of the better pugs are.
    Maybe instead of leeching off geared players, group up with other players around your ilvl.

Considering you all won't be able to leech anymore, there will be tons of less geared players around looking to do keys.

I have a small group of friends, and whenever someone has a new alt they just bring it along for a few low keys, and maybe a high key if we can be bothered. Do some BGs, craft a few things, a round of LFR. Nothing crazy. After a week or two the alt is 880-890 and someone else probably has a new alt.

If you want a 900+ raid ready toon then you're probably going to need a guild that cares, but for every other alt, a couple of mates can help you over the early gear hump and then you're home free.

WOW 101

- It's a social game, make friends and play with them.Basically find a guild that is a good fit for you and do stuff with them.
    - If you are a pure dps class, it's your own damned fault.. healers and tanks get invited all the time.
    - This game is not meant to be played with random strangers... so stop complaining about random strangers not wanting you.

I just pug raids and generally clear heroic in 1-2 weeks, then casually do SOME mythics and play whatever, so don't give me that bullshit "you don't need gear", yes I do need gear I still do the damn content, especially with how strict some of the better pugs are.
    Heroic and especially mythic raids are tuned with an organized group progression in mind.

Pugs for this kind of content have high requirements (both item level and experience) because in a pug you don't have the opportunity for continuous progression and you have to compensate for the lack of communication.

There is nothing broken about not being able to do this content by yourself in a pug without previous guild experience, you are not supposed to.

nethershard farm and get full 880+ gear. It will take you 3-4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    loot scales to 15 and you can deplete your key on purpose to go down a level...I doubt farming is going anywhere soon.
    Depends if people will be motivated to farm for half the reward of prepatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Liandryl View Post
    Because AP requirement is a joke with concordance. There is no more need to farm AP endlessly to get 54 traits like we use to. Getting 52 traits takes no time and does not require doing m+ at all if you don't want to.
    Over 10 of us in my guild have 55 in 1 spec and 52 in another. We're still boosting here and there. It's not like mythic + doesn't still drop beneficial gear. Even in 7.2.5 the gear, with a higher base ilvl will be more useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Depends if people will be motivated to farm for half the reward of prepatch.
    Doesn't really depend on that. With an unlimited supply of keys because they don't deplete any more, a guild group of 5 does not NEED to boost anyone any more. Play your own keys.

a) You want to maximize loot or AP (for whatever reason)
    --> Play a +15 in (former) 3-chest time, get 2 pieces of loot
    --> Reset the new key 3 times to get a new +15
    --> Rinse & Repeat

b) You want to maximize fun
    --> Play your keys as high as you can

The only reason for a "boost" could be if you really need something out of one specific dungeon. But then again, you would have to convince the 3 others in your group to farm that dungeon over and over again, which might not sit well with them.

You can play your own keys, but you will get half the loot you did before regardless. Some will consider that not worth it. 'finite'ness of keys was never a concern as stated by blizzard themselves. Players weren't limited by depleted keys.

It amazes me every time i bring this up how so many people don't seem to recognize TIME as an important factor when it comes to doing any content, in any game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Over 10 of us in my guild have 55 in 1 spec and 52 in another. We're still boosting here and there. It's not like mythic + doesn't still drop beneficial gear. Even in 7.2.5 the gear, with a higher base ilvl will be more useful.
    Off course boosting will always exist, but it will be way less lively than it was before Nighthold. I have 53 with my MS and 52 with my OS and have done 0 boosting, only wq, mythic/heroic raiding and weekly key. I might do more m+ when we get 40 AK for a little push before ToS, but our 10/10M guild only requires 55 traits for MS for ToS, so most of our raiders will probably not boost because of that and gear through m+ is all about those +20-25 proc to have any upgrade so yes it can be done, but it is not really a great incentive.
    Last edited by Liandryl; 2017-05-29 at 05:18 PM.

I can level a new tank/healer and get 890-910+ within 1 month effortlessly just by making my own groups.

Low ilvl DPSers never get invited and never gets their groups joined, and without lowbie keys people just don't give a damn about them.

It would take me 3-4 months to hit 910 on a DPS while on a tank/healer.

>get a guild

ok hello, could u invite me hunter who's freshly dinged 840 and carry and loot train him in HC NH and mythic as well as keystones? thanks, i won't repay you or raid with you though so whatever.

if you are clearing it then you obviously have the answer. day one 110 toon is now legitimately without excuse to start its first breath at 875 ilvl. get yourself a couple of shard relics from broken shore and you are now 880 or better depending on your luck. Kill world boss, farm LF"r" and you get a couple of titanforges and good to go. This is week one. Baring any selfish need to not participate in group activities that only sky rockets.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

If you're not open to the idea of joining a guild, or having friends, then well yeah, gearing alone as dps is slightly more difficult. You can still do your own groups for normal/heroic raids, run your own keystone (get easily carried to +12 or something), farm nethershards...you'll be 890+ in a few days at most, at that point you should be able to get into low keystone (<10) groups just fine to farm up to 900+.

And well, if you truely want to "solo" everything, you should maybe consider a hybrid class and initially gear as tank or healer.