Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    WOW 101

- It's a social game, make friends and play with them.Basically find a guild that is a good fit for you and do stuff with them.
    - If you are a pure dps class, it's your own damned fault.. healers and tanks get invited all the time.
    - This game is not meant to be played with random strangers... so stop complaining about random strangers not wanting you.
    Why are you so angry?

Number one tip I can give you - don't bitch about what a community does. It won't change a thing. Winners adapt to the inconvenient circumstances.

Boosting through faceroll raids will still a thing. After patch drops, host your own heroic NH raids, and invite high ilvl people who can carry you. That's plenty of opportunity for 890+ gear there, and these people will still want to do this content for the opportunity at high TF trinkets and tier. LFR is essentially a form of this. Content where less than 1/4 of the players are carrying the rest of the load through. Therefore, do ToS LFR as well, preferably on Tuesdays.
    Last edited by Nize; 2017-05-29 at 08:26 PM.

m+ was already a pretty bad (inefficient) way to farm AP, compared with WQs and blasting through old raids

people are gonna go back to boosting keys for at least a little while when tomb drops, since running 12-15s is gonna be a reliable source of 910+ gear

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    people are gonna go back to boosting keys for at least a little while when tomb drops, since running 12-15s is gonna be a reliable source of 910+ gear
    Unless the 4 man group they have is so ingrained they have the inability between all 4 of them to bring a 5th without going to groupfinder, there will be a lot less boosting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    m+ was already a pretty bad (inefficient) way to farm AP, compared with WQs and blasting through old raids

Why boost when your group has endless keys? Just recruit 5th solid player

840 means you did no effort at all.

Farm your 890 stuff alone.

OP just looks like someone complaining that nobody wants to carry him.

Honestly, OP, I have no idea.

There was a time where I'd frequently take pity on and specifically bring along a lower-geared DPS for the third slot, but after too many experiences with these people being shit and not pulling their weight even being in this situation, I've long-since stopped. And if I have to bring along one or more idiots via the pugging system, I'd rather they were well geared. Not the complete lunacy of some groups, of course, but freshly dinged people, and those near that in gear, are out, as far as I'm concerned. Your predecessors screwed it up for you.

Guess you just have to farm nethershards.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    I can level a new tank/healer and get 890-910+ within 1 month effortlessly just by making my own groups.

Low ilvl DPSers never get invited and never gets their groups joined, and without lowbie keys people just don't give a damn about them.

It would take me 3-4 months to hit 910 on a DPS while on a tank/healer.

>get a guild

ok hello, could u invite me hunter who's freshly dinged 840 and carry and loot train him in HC NH and mythic as well as keystones? thanks, i won't repay you or raid with you though so whatever.

I just pug raids and generally clear heroic in 1-2 weeks, then casually do SOME mythics and play whatever, so don't give me that bullshit "you don't need gear", yes I do need gear I still do the damn content, especially with how strict some of the better pugs are.
    the only way to gear up will be extensive farm of nethershards and praying for good titanforged procs - this plus farming ToS lfr and also praying for good titanforged procs

overall pure dps classes who are not 900 + atm are completly screwed.

good luck next expansion this one has officialy finished for casuals as they cannot join any sort of content besides lfr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    loot scales to 15 and you can deplete your key on purpose to go down a level...I doubt farming is going anywhere soon.
    i wonder how they will go about people deliberately dpeleting their keystones - like put cd on it ? because with current justem just can just run in 1 player leaves you leave dungeon reset it key dwngrades - repeat it 3 times and run again 3 levels lower stone
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-05-30 at 08:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    my 3 week old DK is 890 having done a grand total of 0 Mythic+'s
    Totally this.

Deleted
    Most of my dps alts are 885-890, even at that level finding groups for anything above mythic 4 is a challenge.

In my opinion there are too many high ilvl chars doing very low level keys. Jumped on some alts this morning to do quick m+ runs to get a weekly chest and it took me less than 3 mins to get a group for maw +2 Where everyone was above 890.

I dunno op, I've made a Demon Hunter 3 days ago and she is 880 right now with minimal effort. Never been in mythic dungeon or even lfr raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a 905 ilvl hunter, I have trouble finding +10 groups (that I can handle easily) because pugs have stupid standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastian View Post
    I dunno op, I've made a Demon Hunter 3 days ago and she is 880 right now with minimal effort. Never been in mythic dungeon or even lfr raid.
    Exactly. It used to be that shit geared players were genuinely new and could not get much gear unless someone helped them (which is what I used to do, run flex with trash-geared players in MoP etc) but now it's just pure laziness if you're not at least 870ish within a week since the game throws gear at you left and right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    As a 905 ilvl hunter, I have trouble finding +10 groups (that I can handle easily) because pugs have stupid standards.
    It's because as people get more gear, the minimum requirements move up aswell. First Archi HC pugs in WoD required like 690-700 ilvl and they took the boss down because most mouthbreathers didn't have that kind of a gear. By the end of the expansion the required ilvl number was nearing 740.

I made a group for a M8 run yesterday and got about 30 DPS applications, all 900+. I checked some of their wowprogress out of curiosity and most of them were completely trash - only had done about 2-3 runs above 5+ M and not even 2-chested them. So I didn't bother looking more and just took the highest ilvl person (something like 915). What I'm trying to say is that by now getting 900ish ilvl is quite easy and because of that very reason the absolute majority of those players are still complete trash (and I'm not saying you are, it's just the sad reality). So people up their requirements to be sure that they won't get complete monkeys who asspull random shit and stuff. On a similar note, I did some M on my alts and joined 880+ groups (that should be able to easily blitz through anything up to 10+ and 3chest) and every singe DPS in those groups did 300k boss dps with lust and cd-s up. It's just beyond me how bad people can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    It's because as people get more gear, the minimum requirements move up aswell. First Archi HC pugs in WoD required like 690-700 ilvl and they took the boss down because most mouthbreathers didn't have that kind of a gear. By the end of the expansion the required ilvl number was nearing 740.

I made a group for a M8 run yesterday and got about 30 DPS applications, all 900+. I checked some of their wowprogress out of curiosity and most of them were completely trash - only had done about 2-3 runs above 5+ M and not even 2-chested them. So I didn't bother looking more and just took the highest ilvl person (something like 915). What I'm trying to say is that by now getting 900ish ilvl is quite easy and because of that very reason the absolute majority of those players are still complete trash (and I'm not saying you are, it's just the sad reality). So people up their requirements to be sure that they won't get complete monkeys who asspull random shit and stuff. On a similar note, I did some M on my alts and joined 880+ groups (that should be able to easily blitz through anything up to 10+ and 3chest) and every singe DPS in those groups did 300k boss dps with lust and cd-s up. It's just beyond me how bad people can be.
    I know the minimum ilvl keeps rising, but it should stop after a while. I'm in a position where running heroic Nighthold would give me very little upgrades in terms of ilvl, I'm not interested in doing it on mythic, and in the Weekly Chest of Disappointment there usually is trash or something like 5 ilvls upgrades.
    That is to say, I don't have many options to keep developing my ilvl; I've killed heroic Gul'dan so my endgame is done, and I can live without the weekly mythic chest, but it's just baffling that people would ask for 910+ ilvl and 15-mythic achievement to run a 10+.