Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    That's just confirmation bias. For all we know, people could just have told you that you weren't ready for Mythic + in a nice way and you could have considered it toxic. In my case, I've barely raided the last few expansions and I've pugged most of the content since WOD's without barely a toxic incident and no latter than two days ago in FFXIV, my wife got told to fuck off because she gave friendly advice to a new healer in leveling roullette and got told to "stfu" in the following Guildheists, which was the gigas one when she asked the tank to not face the artifacts.
    All games are full of idiots?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    All games are full of idiots?
    I stated something similar in a previous post :

Again, WoW being so toxic stopped being true quite some time ago. FFXIV also has its amount of toxic player so that's not much of an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCream View Post
    I never said I was being treated that way. I usually tend to shut up and do my job because it seems that any discussion people have leads to arguments and name calling really fast. It's the same reason why I play with both voice and text off in Overwatch, I don't personally get abused (I probably do now though since I don't read chat) but just seeing how people treat each other is exhausting and offputting.
    Which circles back to my main point that every game has its toxic player, parsers or no parsers.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, or most of the player base is made up of narcissistic assholes that have been taught that they can say and do whatever the hell they want online without repercussions.
    Generalizing a vast majority of the player base doesn't really help you make your point and would just prove Turbotef's statement.

False. FFXIV is a shining example of a game with very little toxicity. The Secret World, another MMORPG I play also doesn't have it.
    Actually, it's the truth, no matter how you want to deny it. I play both WoW and FFXIV and I've encountered more toxicity in FFXIV lately than WoW. You're literally just confirming your own bias to try to make a point.
    Last edited by Dwill; 2017-05-29 at 09:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    And?

having an item level of 265 isn't going to fix the fact people in your group are too stupid to work with tank to swap tether or that one of the tanks keeps provoking the fang instead of the boss. not gona fix the fact people are too stupid to stack on nidhogg's ass right after fireballs.

people in ffxiv are just as stupid as the people in wow lol. maybe dumber sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

i mean damn nigga what you learning at item level 260 in sephi? that you suck at this game? xD
    You are an example as to why the mentor system exists in FFXIV, to put it nicely =)

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, it's the truth, no matter how you want to deny it. I play both WoW and FFXIV and I've encountered more toxicity in FFXIV lately than WoW. You're literally just confirming your own bias to try to make a point.
    So anecdotal evidence is suddenly the new norm? Oh wait, this entire threads premise and OP is anecdotal. Carry on.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Browsed here from front page, just lmao, can you actually get banned for saying somebody does shit damage? That is hilarious.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Browsed here from front page, just lmao, can you actually get banned for saying somebody does shit damage? That is hilarious.
    You can get banned for linking or otherwise mentioning in game that you know someones actual DPS and fundamentally go out of your way to shame, kick or just in general be a dick to other people on the internet using that information, something the OP loves, clearly.

It's less about the fact you can track damage and more about the potential abuse that's been documented for as long as MMO's have been around. Add in the fact that there is no content outside of savage modes you really need a parse to determine how well you are doing and you've got the sum of this thread.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-05-29 at 10:03 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    So anecdotal evidence is suddenly the new norm? Oh wait, this entire threads premise and OP is anecdotal. Carry on.
    Good job on missing the entire point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    And?
    So ?
    So the logic in the picture pointing out that they wanted member at a 250 Ilevel for a dungeon that drops a 220 weapon is a moot point, because they're not seeking a strong party for gear, they're seeking a strong party for a faster clear, thus increasing amounts of runs.

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    So the logic in the picture pointing out that they wanted member at a 250 Ilevel for a dungeon that drops a 220 weapon is a moot point, because they're not seeking a strong party for gear, they're seeking a strong party for a faster clear, thus increasing amounts of runs.
    It's still segregation by gear a.k.a the gearscore people are referring to, what it's used for is irrelevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    So... the people who are participating in content where a parser would be a boon are using them, and everywhere else suddenly needs it, because...?

It's still segregation by gear a.k.a the gearscore people are referring to, what it's used for is irrelevant.
    The difference being that in WoW there is no other way to get into those high level instances. You have to form a party manually and inevitably it will be segregated by gear score. In FFXIV you can join through the DF as long as you meet the minimum ilvl (which is a developer based limitation not a player based one).

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    The difference being that in WoW there is no other way to get into those high level instances. You have to form a party manually and inevitably it will be segregated by gear score. In FFXIV you can join through the DF as long as you meet the minimum ilvl (which is a developer based limitation not a player based one).
    It's not that for everything. Most newly introduced Extreme primals (up to a later point in time) and most savage raids requires a full group before even letting you queue for them and even if they require a minimum iLvL (a limitation which is removed in a full group, not sure on that one so correct me if I'm wrong), good luck joining a group at the said iLvL.

It's less about the fact you can track damage and more about the potential abuse that's been documented for as long as MMO's have been around. Add in the fact that there is no content outside of savage modes you really need a parse to determine how well you are doing and you've got the sum of this thread.
    Abuse as been in online game since their conception, parsers or not and the one related to their use is grossly over exaggerated.

Also, it's hilarious that you seem to think that savage mode is the only content where it's needed. Where you not there with the whole "skip Soar" for Zurvan which was literally based on people reaching a certain threshold before skipping the mechanic. Also the countless people who wiped to Nidhogg Extreme or Thordan Extreme due to lack of damage. Clearly Savage is the only content to gauge with parsers.

Anecdotal evidence is just that.

With that being, I just spent the last day or two learning and clearing Zurvan EX. Lots and lots of wipes were had during the process at various points of the fight. Soars were fucked up. Wave Cannons were left at the primary stack point. Shit happened. I had parser running the entire time, and found it amusing that the only people who would suddenly just up and leave were generally lower on the meter than anyone else. No, we didn't name and shame them for that. Group leaders simply re-submitted our group on the PF and boom, we had a new person fairly quickly.

Heck, the learning group I spent majority of the time with not once had someone get pissed off; people instead owned up to what they fucked up, which may or may not have illicited a humorous remark from another person, followed by a text macro of some sort. Legit laughs were had.

I only wish such an experience were the norm for everyone instead of someone having to show their ass or such. Not only in this game (which I dare say, such experiences are kinda the norm), but for any sort of game.

The saltiest people seem to be found in the 24 man raids, but I'd chalk that up simply due to a higher pool of people thus higher likelyhood that there's an asshole among the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    The saltiest people seem to be found in the 24 man raids, but I'd chalk that up simply due to a higher pool of people thus higher likelyhood that there's an asshole among the lot.
    My experience is the saltiest people tend to pop out whenever the Hunt becomes relevant.

My experience is the saltiest people tend to pop out whenever the Hunt becomes relevant.
    Hunt salt is pretty much an always-present thing, it seems. Still have folks who think you're supposed to wait 15 minutes before puling them, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    so some say

i have never heard of anyone being suspended before for it

You are an example as to why the mentor system exists in FFXIV, to put it nicely =)
    not sure what that's supposed to mean when mentor is basically a confirmation you have a heal tank and dps at 60

most mentors i see scream at people or act like they are better than everyone lol. i remember running great grubal library and our other bard did not have wanderers minuet and a mentor player just started going off on them and telling them their damage was terrible (comparatively to mine it really was not completely awful)

being a mentor means nothing and i bet my left nut i could do it better than 90% of people out there doing it

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    *shrug* do you want to clear or do you want a bird? because if you don't clear, you can't get bird. who learns sephirot at 260 item level lol. people are so lazy.

ffxiv isn't wow where you get 500 item levels in one expansion and everything is practically irrelevant when you are fully geared

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing FFXIV for 2 years. I've encountered exactly ONE toxic group in all that time. And that was on an EU server. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. The percentage of toxic players in FFXIV is VERY VERY low.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    The percentage of toxic players in FFXIV is VERY VERY low.
    Just to respond to you with 'Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal'.

The % of players is about the same as with any other mmo, and I've been playing FF14 longer then you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I've been playing FFXIV for 2 years. I've encountered exactly ONE toxic group in all that time. And that was on an EU server. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. The percentage of toxic players in FFXIV is VERY VERY low.
    You refuted his anectodal evidence with a conclusion drawn from... your own anecdotal evidence

Are you not seeing the irony in this?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

7+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot of "it's a teamwork situation, not a competition." Competition and Teamwork don't have to be mutually exclusive. Granted, among random people it does tend to be just waving around your epeen. for myself, I just ignore those players.

An earlier poster pointed out that MMO's were born as an extension of tabletop games, primarily D&D. Even in D&D if there's a player, that consciously a hindrance to the group. IE "Hey you're fighting a dragon! That's cool, I'm gonna be over here looting shit into the bag of holding" I wouldn't want to play with them. (Unless we're playing an evil campaign I suppose. In which case, well time betrayal sir.... well played.)

I'm with those that thing that Meters in MMO's were a decision that took a lot of the RPG, out of the game, I'm not sure they weren't inevitable. Min/Maxing and Dumpstats, are to the best of my knowledge, terms born of tabletop RPGs. I think a better way is for the company to accept the inevitability of that and bake it in, guide it into something less obnoxious. Maybe make it personal so the meter is personal. I see what an average player of my class, gear or whatever performs at, and how I meet that meter.