I wonder if FFXIV ever would consider adding new progression servers. I think even if the game is fully updated, locking out content would probably work really well without making characters super overpowered or require a lot of development time since everything is worked on to be ran for things like Khloe and roulettes.

10+ Year Old Account
    /ignore the rant that was here
    Last edited by sinilaid; 2017-05-29 at 07:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Yep, that's the most likely option! Perfect for a fresh start and everybody will be on equal footing in regards to house acquisition.
    On that matter, any website I could check housing in the EU server of Lich? One of the things that got my eye on the game was my own house. I'm good at playing the market game and would love to get my own (although from I've heard is almost impossible atm)

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    I hope the person who made the "A Spectacle for the Ages" quest dies a slow and painful death as he/she watches their children slowly be eaten by wolves. God I wish a could get a refund for all the months I'v payed for this game... It's a total cancer quest...
    What ? Why ? It was great and the duel vs Raubahn is really cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's impossible as a whm. I do no damage at all even with cleric stance all I can do is spam heal to stay alive only to run out of health or get 1shot by his bs limitbreak shit

it's impossible as a whm. I do no damage at all even with cleric stance all I can do is spam heal to stay alive only to run out of health or get 1shot by his bs limitbreak shit
    Um I was able to do it easily as WHM... I hardly had to heal at all. I just turned on Cleric Stance and destroyed everything. Dropped CS for some brief healing here and there on the focused target, leave a regen ticking and back to CS for more pew pew. Rauhban's fight is basically ifrit. You beat him up some, kill the nails/swords he spawns then finish beating him up. It's not anything you havent seen before.

You're also level 60 with your full suite of abilities. Holy + Assize (in cleric stance) weeds out a lot of the junk mobs early on. Tetra and Bene are great for spot healing the focused targets. WHM has pretty good dps when you don't have to heal, especially aoe dps.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2017-05-29 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'v been rushing through the game to get ready for SB. I have no real gear or weapon and haven't really played around with the skills. Anyway I did defeat him on try nr. 8 or something but the game glitched out and I was sent out of the mission and the final cutscene didn't play... the quest still said to talk to the long name guy who started the battle... after a relog the quest was complete so I have no idea what happened after defeating the boss guy

10+ Year Old Account

I have no real gear or weapon and haven't really played around with the skills.
    I see how this could complicate things a bit.

Well I'v been rushing through the game to get ready for SB. I have no real gear or weapon and haven't really played around with the skills. Anyway I did defeat him on try nr. 8 or something but the game glitched out and I was sent out of the mission and the final cutscene didn't play... the quest still said to talk to the long name guy who started the battle... after a relog the quest was complete so I have no idea what happened after defeating the boss guy
    Yea... not having "real gear" (as in actual level 60 gear) or knowing the ins and outs of all your skills will make any fight hard on any job.

It's easy to get ilvl 210 gear for any job. Just make sure to have the clan hunts unlocked (they award centurio seals) and do them each day (and the weekly) to get seals to buy ilvl 200 gear and the items to upgrade them to 210. That gear alone should be enough to do most of the msq till you hit the parts requiring ilvl 230, and you can be earning tomestones of lore and scripture in the meantime to get ilvl 230(lore) and 260(scripture) gear.

To finish the MSQ you will, at the very least, need an average ilvl of 230. So if you want to be ready for Stormblood you're going to have to invest at least some effort into gearing. Learning how best to use your abilities is kind of important too. Just to note, Clan hunts can be unlocked before 60 for anyone still leveling their first job, so you can supplement your leveling xp with them while also earning centurio seals. They are also an easy source of xp for leveling additional jobs.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2017-05-29 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Um I was able to do it easily as WHM... I hardly had to heal at all. I just turned on Cleric Stance and destroyed everything. Dropped CS for some brief healing here and there on the focused target, leave a regen ticking and back to CS for more pew pew. Rauhban's fight is basically ifrit. You beat him up some, kill the nails/swords he spawns then finish beating him up. It's not anything you havent seen before.

You're also level 60 with your full suite of abilities. Holy + Assize (in cleric stance) weeds out a lot of the junk mobs early on. Tetra and Bene are great for spot healing the focused targets. WHM has pretty good dps when you don't have to heal, especially aoe dps.
    I did it as an SCH and made sure to make the finishing blow with the spine of my book.

How the mighty have fallen indeed.

Well, The Gold Saucer event is now live - though it caused large amounts on players to crash on Balmung.

Hopefully that will convince some of the naysayers who try to make it seem like the server isn't ridiculously bloated...

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Well, The Gold Saucer event is now live - though it caused large amounts on players to crash on Balmung.

Hopefully that will convince some of the naysayers who try to make it seem like the server isn't ridiculously bloated...
    I got yelled at by my FC when I suggested that scheduling it when they did was a clever ploy to test the server stress for Stormblood

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    I got yelled at by my FC when I suggested that scheduling it when they did was a clever ploy to test the server stress for Stormblood
    That makes sense!

Yiyiyiyiyi time to make it rain!

There's a handful of new items up on the Mog Station. A gaudy housing item from last year's Gold Saucer event, a new 'Eastern Stretch' emote and also something called 'Fuga Attire' which is also Eastern themed. It actually looks pretty good in my opinion and may make for a solid glamour for a SAM.

I bought the latter two items, no regrets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    To finish the (3.x) MSQ you will, at the very least, need an average ilvl of 230.
    I hope this is the situation only until Stormblood comes. Otherwise we will see a lot of complaints.

When I played from 1 to 60 in 3.1 I think my ilvl was like 143 in the end. Last MSQ I did was probably "As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness". So instead of just finishing the 3.x MSQ and going to Stormblood I should grind in Heavensward until ilvl 230 because otherwise I can't do the quests?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    I hope this is the situation only until Stormblood comes. Otherwise we will see a lot of complaints.

When I played from 1 to 60 in 3.1 I think my ilvl was like 143 in the end. Last MSQ I did was probably "As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness". So instead of just finishing the 3.x MSQ and going to Stormblood I should grind in Heavensward until ilvl 230 because otherwise I can't do the quests?
    Although the numbers are higher, in principle it's not really any different from having to be item level 90 to finish the pre-Heavensward quests, while you're maybe item level 45 when you reach level 50. They gave a bunch of the level 50 story quests item level 110 rewards (plus the job quests started giving the item level 90 set) so players wouldn't have to grind back then, maybe they'll do the same thing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Although the numbers are higher, in principle it's not really any different from having to be item level 90 to finish the pre-Heavensward quests, while you're maybe item level 45 when you reach level 50. They gave a bunch of the level 50 story quests item level 110 rewards (plus the job quests started giving the item level 90 set) so players wouldn't have to grind back then, maybe they'll do the same thing now.
    Except that the Heavensward quests require you to have gear to continue them. I did the levelling part of the MSQ, but can't do the next part because of not having 180 (I think?) Mostly because rings/wrist are still 130

15+ Year Old Account

It is highly likely that they will add gear into the patch 3.1-3.5 MSQ to smooth out the leveling process. They did it with HW, there's no reason for them not to do it with SB.

10+ Year Old Account

Basically, yes, you need ilvl 230 in order to complete the MSQ quests of Heavensward, but I reckon they'll add the AF2 gear to some of the job quests in HW as they did with the original AF gear (ilvl 90) in ARR, mayhap current Lore gear as well, if we are looking at the 110 gear given by the end of the MSQs during ARR.

Or, as better phrased by @Kaelwryn;

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    It is highly likely that they will add gear into the patch 3.1-3.5 MSQ to smooth out the leveling process. They did it with HW, there's no reason for them not to do it with SB.