Thread: New Dragon Age

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    A mix between the two would work for me. DAO takes so long to actually get started
    You can get a mod that lets you skip Ostagar. You still have to do the Origin quest but after that you jump right ahead to Lothering.

OH MY GOD, HOW DID I NOT SEE THESE NEWS SOONER?

I am so happy it's finally announced!

OH MY GOD, YES!

I never go by the critics.

they are trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    So were most RPG’s till recently when they started infusing RPG elements into everything else.
    Yeah but that's an entirely different discussion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    I never go by the critics.

they are trash.
    User reviews aren't much better tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    User reviews aren't much better tbh.
    none reviews are good.

you just go and see game for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Friend recommendations are more valuable than any reviewer anyway, it's a statistical fact and marketing dogma that nothing beats word of mouth. So ask a friend
    eh, that's an easy way to get in an elitist circlejerk and have your opinion formed for you.

best thing to do is listen to no one and see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I like and trust my friends . . .
    i like my friends too. but you can disagree with them pretty heavily on whether or not a game's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Wait, what? 2 had great combat but bad story? I think you have that backwards.. though I guess some people might still be salty that you couldn't play as <insert random garbage race here> . That is still no excuse for calling that combat great though..
    no, i didnt get it backwards. the combat was amazing and the story was beyond garbage. i couldnt possibly care less about the race choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    no, i didnt get it backwards. the combat was amazing and the story was beyond garbage. i couldnt possibly care less about the race choices.
    It wasn't anything to write home about the but the story was good.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Divinity orginal sin is a better rpg then the whicher and its co-op
    Oh, yeah? How many GOTYs did it win

I don't get all the hate that DA 2 and 3 have gotten. They were fun games in their own right and provided me with dozens and hundreds of hours of entertainment. Granted, the reused maps in DA2 and the repetitive side quests in DA3 are definitely low points in the games, but overall? They're both pretty good games.

And I still don't understand the high amounts of praise that DA:O got. Yeah it was a fun game at the time and one I thoroughly enjoyed, but people seem to be putting it up on a pedestal far too much IMO. That game had its own fair share of problems too. I think nostalgia and rose tinted glasses may be getting in the way of some people here.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I'm confused, so do critic awards/scores matter or not? I thought you said user score mattered (except when it doesn't).

I loved DA:I, but could have done with a better combat system and a more interesting final fight. I'm really hoping DA:4 can fix these things, as well as take inspiration from W3 and HZD's questing(although Inquisition was moving in the right direction).

With what happened in ME:A I'm hopeful BioWare takes all the time it needs to delivering a phenomenal game. They really need a winner :P

please no more political correctness crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm confused, so do critic awards/scores matter or not? I thought you said user score mattered (except when it doesn't).
    Witcher 3 beats it in that, too

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    i don't see how that is really relevant a triple a game that has a much better known series is gonna beat out a game that was a revival of an older series that doesn't mean its a better game.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    How 'bout we play as a grey warden again (not THE warden necessarily) and somehow we bring gryphons back and ride them?

Through fade, time travel, or just finding them migrated to an island or something. Either way is fine.
    Well the Gryphon part is already taken care of in the Last Flight novel.

Being a Warden again is supremely unlikely, however. Way too many people are still invested in Origins's Warden.

Honestly I kinda want the Inquisitor back. Being a protagonist is not very likely, but maybe a main supporting character? Or perhaps a game with dual protagonists ala Witcher 3. You play most of the game as the new protagonist, and switch to the Inquisitor for some sequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Well the Gryphon part is already taken care of in the Last Flight novel.

Being a Warden again is supremely unlikely, however. Way too many people are still invested in Origins's Warden.

Honestly I kinda want the Inquisitor back. Being a protagonist is not very likely, but maybe a main supporting character? Or perhaps a game with dual protagonists ala Witcher 3. You play most of the game as the new protagonist, and switch to the Inquisitor for some sequences.
    Inquisitor basically lost all of his/her power at the end of trespasser. Maybe he/she comes back as an advisor?

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    You play most of the game as the new protagonist, and switch to the Inquisitor for some sequences.
    I think they should put them as companions. You could customize Warden, Hawke and Inquisitor (if they're still alive) or import them. That's a good reason to bring Arcane Warrior and Blood Mage back as playable specs.

You know what would be really great? If there's just the three of them and during conversations any of them could participate.
    For example, a demon trying to make a deal with them:
    1. Warden accepts the deal.
    2. Inquisitor vanquishes the demon.
    3. Hawke cracks a joke.