Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    How does that work exactly? I think your idea here sounds reasonable on paper but I don't think it would be a major concern in practice. If someone goes into a situation they know little about, and it ends in a way they didn't like, the response is a learning response, not a feeling of being tricked. You can only feel as though you've been tricked if something that you are familiar with is being deliberately misrepresented.

In any case, this would be an extreme minority of cases. Manipulation is not a route to a successful relationship, and once these feelings arise they can just leave. In short, it's no different from anyone being in a relationship with anyone else; some people are manipulative, and even between two adults one can be much more powerful in this regard than the other.
    I'm sorry, but you're missing the point by a mile, and I can't tell if you're serious or trolling. Your definition of "tricked" is laughable.

I'ts not a "learning experience" to end up feeling tricked, manipulated or violated, or having your innocence/virginity STOLEN from you by someone essentially preying up on you.

As for "manipulation is not a route of a successful relationship", well...most people who would go out of their way to manipulate a minor into a "relationship" aren't doing it for a successful relationship. They are doing it for sex, power or both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    And we're down to the "but the gays!"-argument. You're following all the correct procedures here, buddy.
    Clearly you're here to have a reasoned discussion. Thanks for deleting most of my post though. Makes you look less mentally handicapped I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Let's say a person came into my house and stole something, but I didn't care because it meant little to me and well I wanted to get rid of it anyway so in my view the person did me a favor. Would another person be wrong to say I was a victim of a break in and robbery?
    As a technical point of law, yes. As a question of moral damage, no.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the premise of some Animes.

I'm probably more educated than you are, and I will probably be more successful too because of this mentorship relationship that I had.

I was not manipulated into anything. Manipulation implies damage. I was not damaged, no matter how many times you tell me that I was. I was not raped, and you demanding that I was does not change that.

I only hope that other people can learn from your example, and not pursue the same strategy. But I'm also glad that you've provided a perfect example of why society is largely to blame for the psychological damage caused by these kinds of relationships.
    You were lucky that you had the experience you did. Not everyone does. It's fucking TRAGIC that you don't understand how lucky you were, and that you're literally here advocating for young men and women to be taken advantage of because of your one personal experience.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    You didn't consent, you were underage. You were manipulated into believing that this was a beneficial relationship, when in fact, you were raped. You're damaged in that you now believe this to be normal behavior, so seek help so that you don't hurt a child. Just because you don't see yourself as a victim doesn't mean you're not one. Many victims of abuse don't identify as victims, they make excuses for it, say that the other person wasn't wrong, etc. This doesn't make it true. Please, become educated and seek counseling. I'm done with you. Hoping for the best.
    Let me get this straight. A Finnish 14 year old is "damaged" if he has sex? A German 14 year old isn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    As a technical point of law, yes. As a question of moral damage, no.
    I suggest you read my question again, because this appears to be a pretty big slip on your part. Kinda leads me to believe you've been trolling.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    I'm sorry, but you're missing the point by a mile, and I can't tell if you're serious or trolling. Your definition of "tricked" is laughable.

I'ts not a "learning experience" to end up feeling tricked, manipulated or violated, or having your innocence/virginity STOLEN from you by someone essentially preying up on you.

As for "manipulation is not a route of a successful relationship", well...most people who would go out of their way to manipulate a minor into a "relationship" aren't doing it for a successful relationship. They are doing it for sex, power or both.
    Stolen? The value we place on virginity is irrational as it were. But anyway, you're just using a lot of loaded terms to frame the interaction in a negative light. I could go into an extensive post detailing your logical fallacies but I can cede this point without any significant damage to my argument. All relationships have some degree of emotional risk, no matter the ages of the individuals or the age gap between the individuals in question.

Clearly you're here to have a reasoned discussion. Thanks for deleting most of my post though. Makes you look less mentally handicapped I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing reasonable to your arguments. That's what makes them so scary. I have no trouble believing that you're convinced that you are in the right here though. I've seen it many times before.

If I'm "mentally retarded" to you for reasoning like an adult wanting to protect children from adults with not-so-pure intentions, that's a badge of honor on my end.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-05-29 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You were lucky that you had the experience you did. Not everyone does. It's fucking TRAGIC that you don't understand how lucky you were, and that you're literally here advocating for young men and women to be taken advantage of because of your one personal experience.
    Or maybe I understand that making something illegal generally selects for criminals who engage in the behavior. But legalization here is much like the legalization of marijuana. By making it illegal, you breed extremism and dangerous industries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I suggest you read my question again, because this appears to be a pretty big slip on your part. Kinda leads me to believe you've been trolling.
    Dude, I'm responding to like 8 people and playing Stellaris at the same time. I missed one word. You know what I mean.

Stolen? The value we place on virginity is irrational as it were. But anyway, you're just using a lot of loaded terms to frame the interaction in a negative light. I could go into an extensive post detailing your logical fallacies but I can cede this point without any significant damage to my argument. All relationships have some degree of emotional risk, no matter the ages of the individuals or the age gap between the individuals in question.
    Thank you for politely excusing yourself from the conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for politely excusing yourself from the conversation.
    I did no such thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    There's nothing reasonable to your arguments. That's what makes them so scary. I have no trouble believing that you're convinced that you are in the right here though. I've seen it many times before.

If I'm "mentally retarded" to you for reasoning like an adult wanting to protect children from adults with not-so-pure intentions, that's a badge of honor on my end.
    I think that's an overstatement. Feel free to point out the logical errors in my arguments though.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Is anyone really hurt?
    You when you're forced to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life.

Right and wrong are largely subjective. My opinion being that if an older teenager (15-17) engages in a sexual relationship with an adult and it's entirely consensual, I could really care less.

Teenagers make plenty of irrational choices (as do young adults), but to say they lack the ability to make choices deprives them of their humanity.

Personally I think we should spend our resources on real pedophiles who are sexually attracted to prepubescent children rather than men or women who consensually engage in sexual relationships with sexually developed (albeit younger) humans.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Dude, I'm responding to like 8 people and playing Stellaris at the same time. I missed one word. You know what I mean.
    It isn't like my post was even that long, "dude."
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I did no such thing.
    Actually, you did.

I could go into an extensive post detailing your logical fallacies but I can cede this point without any significant damage to my argument.

I think the federal age of consent (18) is a tad high personally; 16 is probably a better age. But it gets more than a bit iffy when you're talking about much younger women being with men old enough to be their dads. It's uncomfortable on a number of levels, not the least of which being that humans physically mature far faster than they emotionally mature. Then again, emotional and psychological maturity is different for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, you did.

I ceded one tiny string on a multithreaded argument, because I don't think it's worth discussing as the impact of that string on the overall argument is minimal.

What I find hilarious is that apparently you're not mature enough to make the decision at 15, but the next day when you turn 16 you're suddenly magically mature enough to make said decision.

I mean, what?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    What I find hilarious is that apparently you're not mature enough to make the decision at 15, but the next day when you turn 16 you're suddenly magically mature enough to make said decision.

I mean, what?
    That's because you don't understand the topic. Just like for a DUI, your function doesn't change much between .079 and .08, but yet there's a number assigned.

The point isn't that NOBODY is mature enough at 13-15, it's that MOST aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    That's because you don't understand the topic. Just like for a DUI, your function doesn't change much between .079 and .08, but yet there's a number assigned.

The point isn't that NOBODY is mature enough at 13-15, it's that MOST aren't.
    A 15, 16, 17 year old persuing a mutually consented upon sexual relationship with a 18-19 or 20-25 year old as comparable to man sexually attracted to prepubescent children.

I don't neccessarily condone it, but I think they as human beings old enough to be eligible for work or old enough to drive a car we should give them the right to their own sexual preferences under the conditions they receive proper legal protections if something goes awry. That's my opinion.