Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Blizzard explicitly told us, that there is no mind control involved. They abuse the recently raised dead as they are in a state of frenzy, if revived on a battlefield and simply turn them into a direction, this mindless aggressive state wears of after a short period of time and they get their choice.

Galen in particular has been a powerhungry little twat and used the forsaken to reclaim his kingdom, just so he could sit on the throne again, just as he had used the Alliance while he was still alive. It was always about himself.
    Ok like the new forsaken she raises in the intro town in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Can you tell me what were the consequences of Malfurion and Tyrande stupidity that got Ysera killed?
    You just said it yourself, Malfurion got Ysera killed through his temper tantrum.

The forsaken do face consequences for their actions, they are usually a slap on the wrist at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    He ran off and made his own kingdom.....

I think he was playing the pity card, or something. Galen was always sneaky.

Edit: I can already see the shitshow this thread will inevitable turn into.
    But can you really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Nope those are the worst examples you can pick, since you can see clearly in the intro town that they all get their choice, there are those, who immediately kill themselves, those that run off, those who join and those who are too far gone and become mindless.

Later on you don't get to see this anymore.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-05-29 at 11:55 PM.

Nope those are the worst examples you can pick, since you can seeclearly in the intro town that they all get their choice, there are those, who immediately kill themselves, those that run off, those who immediately join and those who are too far gone and become mindless.
    Im trying to remember one of the towns she raises an army and sends it against somebody, i could be remembering wrong, its been awhile.

He did the own kingdom think in legion but actively worked for the forsaken, the people who killed him in cata. i always figured the mindcontroll wore off. But did happen initially.
    The Forsaken did not kill him. They merely got their hands on his body after he was killed at behest of a Troll. And given how Legion exposed Galen as a sneaky little twerp that was all about fulfilling his ambitions through any means necessary, being OK with undeath and pretending to play nice with the Forsaken to get what he wants isn't impossible.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now back to our weekly Forsaken Thread. I'd like to see another race with even close to as much discussion, I don't think even think Elves are as clickbaity.

Oh she can mind control single individuals to a degree, she did that when she took over Lordaeron, like mugthol for example, who later regained his senses, by taking the crown of will. If that hadn't happened, the forsaken would still have an ogre army.
    Banshee mind control is kinda unlikely to work on undead though.

Im trying to remember one of the towns she raises an army and sends it against somebody, i could be remembering wrong, its been awhile.
    That would be Ambermill, where a bunch of Kirin tor magi are killed and later help push the gilneans back behind the wall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Banshee mind control is kinda unlikely to work on undead though.
    I have absolutely no idea to be honest.

The only confirmed example of that we see in-game is at Andorhal. Maybe Amber Mill, depending on how long that frenzy thing lasts.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-05-30 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Can you tell me what were the consequences of Malfurion and Tyrande stupidity that got Ysera killed?
    Wh--what? You do realize you answered your own question, right?

Tyrande didn't cause anything, it was Malfurion. He literally rushed off, got captured, and you and Ysera's rescue attempt leads to her corruption and death.

Just in case you didn't realize.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-05-30 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    And now back to our weekly Forsaken Thread. I'd like to see another race with even close to as much discussion, I don't think even think Elves are as clickbaity.
    That is because the forsaken sit on land many people would like to see as part of their faction again, and well they do like to kick their enemies teeth in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    I just spit my drink out watching that lmao
    Thanks for the ad rev

I have absolutely no idea to be honest.
    From W3 manual: "Banshees have an unsettling ability to force their way into the bodies of living creatures, thus replacing the creatures' spirits with their own."

From W3 manual: "Banshees have an unsettling ability to force their way into the bodies of living creatures, thus replacing the creatures' spirits with their own."
    Sylvanas worked a bit different though, because she could mind control someone ,without possessing a victim directly and it worked on anything except hero units, hence why I have no idea if she could pull it off or not.

I remember fondly mind controlling any frostwyrm coming my way back in the day ;P
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-05-30 at 12:06 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    She was the first banshee, and while under the control of Arthas/the Lich King, she likely raised many more banshees like herself. Then, once she was freed, she helped them to do what she did, and returned them to their bodies, or other bodies, if theirs were gone. It's the main reason the Dark Rangers are so loyal to Sylvanas.
    First banshees were night elves iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Sylvanas worked a bit different though, because she could mind control someone ,without possessing a victim directly and it worked on anything except hero units, hence why I have no idea if she could pull it off or not.
    Well, there's that, but I don't know if her master level in Banshee proffession granted her the ability to ignore the undead requirement as well. Can't recall ever seeing an example of her doing so at least. Though there was a normal Banshee that possessed a Val'kyr in Icecrown...

Well, there's that, but I don't know if her master level in Banshee proffession granted her the ability to ignore the undead requirement as well. Can't recall ever seeing an example of her doing so at least. Though there was a normal Banshee that possessed a Val'kyr in Icecrown...
    Blizzard hasn't used that ability of her for over a decade now and I have no idea if they will ever touch it again, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had the intention of her actually enslaving the new forsaken in cata, but then changed their mind. So who knows, would be interesting to find out if she enslaved some hapless human who spies for her in stormwind or something like that.

I love it whenever you link that.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    First banshees were night elves iirc.
    First Scourge one, at least.