Thread: New Dragon Age

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Inquisitor basically lost all of his/her power at the end of trespasser. Maybe he/she comes back as an advisor?
    They did lose their arm, but can still be a skilled warrior/rogue/mage. And mechanical/magical prosthetics of some description aren't out of the realms of possibility, especially since Quizzy has possibly the most skilled magical craftswoman in southern Thedas (Dagna). There's even an ending slide in Trespasser (if you become a Red Jenny with Sera) where the Inquisitor replaces their arm with a freaking crossbow. Which needs to happen.

If nothing else, it justifies them being low level again. But you're right, maybe being a major supporting character makes more sense, albeit I fear some dialog railroading like what happened with Hawke, who hates blood magic no matter how you played them in Inquisition. I doubt we've seen the last of the Inquisitor regardless, their story is too tied to Solas's to just end now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like my arm thank you.

OT: Be nice to have a few extra specializations or at least one extra then what we usually get.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Inquisition only had like 5 people who were lgbt. Bull gay wizard the trans person with bull sera and diplomat. That's hardly 50%
    The queen of Orlais/Briala, maybe Scout Harding (Oh, Harding...), and I'm sure there were others confirmed that I can't remember.

Buuut. So what? Dorian, in my opinion, is brotentially the broest bro that ever bro'd, in BioWare games, probably just under Garrus, and the others are awesome, too. Sera can get annoying at times, so I can understand people that don't quite like her, but that's nothing to do with her nasty-bit preference. Josephine is the somewhat boring secretary that get her feet swept by the boss. I like how Bull and Dorian start a romance if you leave them to it. I guess you could say that their banter is...

a DoriBull.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    I think they should put them as companions. You could customize Warden, Hawke and Inquisitor (if they're still alive) or import them. That's a good reason to bring Arcane Warrior and Blood Mage back as playable specs.

You know what would be really great? If there's just the three of them and during conversations any of them could participate.
    For example, a demon trying to make a deal with them:
    1. Warden accepts the deal.
    2. Inquisitor vanquishes the demon.
    3. Hawke cracks a joke.
    I think any situation can be improved by the introduction of Sarcastic Hawke. It's scientifically proven.

I think Blood Mage wasn't introduced in Inquisition due to, firstly, they had the whole Veil situation, and an opportunity for new and secondly, people would've gone:

"Andraste, there's a mad Blood Mage on the rise, seemingly appearing out of the very Fade itself!"
    "That's horrible, who's going to stand up and stop him? Suggestions?"
    "Well, another Blood Mage seemingly appeared out of the Fade and started fighting the first one. "
    "Leliana, how is a person as batshit crazy as you even still alive?! Fuck this, joining the Qun. Andraste out."

Could see them deciding to go big or go home for their next game, though. I wouldn't mind 60+ hours, without the boring bits. Not that I minded 60+ hours of Inquisition with the boring bits, though. Seriously good game.

i don't see how that is really relevant a triple a game that has a much better known series is gonna beat out a game that was a revival of an older series that doesn't mean its a better game.
    Critics like it better, users like it better.

Witcher 3 is hailed as the best RPG ever made on a lot of forums, whereas Divinity... not so much.

It goes by an old school formula which the gamers of today don't really appreciate. Isometric is dead dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    There was barely need for such a confirmation. Inquisition was a success, and there was no reason for Bioware to stop there. They had team changes (Patrick Weekes is now the lead writer) but nothing indicated the franchise was put on hold.

Tevinter makes perfect sense as a setting now. Gameplay-wise, taking more cues from Origins would be nice when it comes to combat pacing and a more complex ruleset. In terms of how the game is constructed, I want them to ditch Skyrim-esque open worlds. Make it semi-open, big areas perhaps but not so big that you need to put filler in them so they don't feel empty. So basically like in Origins again.

As for returning characters, well if it's in Tevinter Dorian is a given. I would also like Cole and/or Scout Harding. Alongside series mainstays that we know will be back like Morrigan and Solas.
    Screw KE give me Arcane Warrior back

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

Witcher 3 is hailed as the best RPG ever made on a lot of forums, whereas Divinity... not so much.

It goes by an old school formula which the gamers of today don't really appreciate. Isometric is dead dude.
    "Shit like this is why I don't respect critic opinions."

isometric is pretty bad. no immersion at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    idk, i like KE a lot. at least, the original incarnation of it. idk why they had to fuck it up. i mean it was still strong after the change, but not as nice.

i really like rift mage too.

but i really hope they expand the trees in the next game. give more spells and shit. of course, bring back blood mage, just needs to happen really, and people should comment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Eeeeh, I don't know. AW was broken OP, but the actual gameplay of one (if you went full tank) could get boring. You basically just stand there with all your defensive spells, being more or less invincible. I ended up going a bit hybrid, as a Mage who went with full plate and used a sword, but didn't use many defensive spells or fight in melee most of the time, being content with close combat spells like Cone of Cold. Mostly because mage robes look like absolute ass in an unmodded Origins.

Meanwhile KE was a legitimately cool gameplay experience, until Bioware overnerfed Spirit Blade at least. You tore up enemy defenses like nothing else, and I was fond of trapping lesser foes in melee with Static Cage so they have nowhere to run from my blades, or chopping up dragons.

Maybe we'll get a Tevinter version of the magic knight archetype.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    but i really hope they expand the trees in the next game. give more spells and shit. of course, bring back blood mage, just needs to happen really, and people should comment on it.
    If the payoff for blood mage would be like the reaver then I wouldn't mind, but the original blood mage was kinda wonky in practice. I never found the tradeoff to be worth it, especially given how much of a fucking taboo it was back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Genadius View Post
    Could see them deciding to go big or go home for their next game, though. I wouldn't mind 60+ hours, without the boring bits. Not that I minded 60+ hours of Inquisition with the boring bits, though. Seriously good game.
    Those are rookie numbers, mate. I had 200+ on both my playthroughs (not counting dlcs, I played those later).

10+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of the Homosexual agenda that previous versions of the game was being used to promote and glorify and I may give it a shot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Inquisitor basically lost all of his/her power at the end of trespasser. Maybe he/she comes back as an advisor?
    TO be fair, the Inquisitor lost the Anchor... They would still have all their other powers, no?

So they could come back as an advisor, or maybe as a playable character, and use their other skills to help out.

Plus "Oh no, I've lost all my powers due to the Anchor removal" is a great way to explain them reverting to level on and needing to level up again in the new game
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    TO be fair, the Inquisitor lost the Anchor... They would still have all their other powers, no?

So they could come back as an advisor, or maybe as a playable character, and use their other skills to help out.

Plus "Oh no, I've lost all my powers due to the Anchor removal" is a great way to explain them reverting to level on and needing to level up again in the new game
    Holding your weapon might be bit difficult though .

But after dropping the mic (that was just awesome) I can't help but want to continue playing my (ex-)Inquisitor. I played the whole game as goody two shoes but that last moment when my character was finally fed up with all the incompetent nobles and church wankers.. I really want to make good on the promise to bring back Solas and change Tevinter in the process .

"Shit like this is why I don't respect critic opinions."
    I don't.

But you people seem to. So I play ball.

Critics like it better. It has more GOTY awards. People like it better.

What else do you want from me?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Blood Wound & Blood Control is what made the blood magic tree so damn worth it, not only those spells deal a fuckton of dmg but are also pretty amazing CC ability’s. It’s big part why later on I stopped bothering with dedicated healers, you had access to such an amount of crowd control that Morrigan with heal and regen was more than enough to trough the hardest difficulty’s without much of a problem…

If I remember correctly, my ultimate party setup was…

Warden – 1h&shield Warrior – Champion + Reaver
    Alistar – Dual Wield Warrior – Templar + Berserker
    Morrigan – Mage – Shapeshifter (never really used it) + Blood Mage
    Leliana – Bow Rogue – Bard + Duelist

If I’m not mistaken, Alistar had an ridiculous amount of damage, something like 80% of the party total damage... it was ridiculous >.<

God bless PC mods that allow me to respec Morrigan from Shapeshifter into spirit healer.

You haven't tasted true bliss until you deck Morrigan in armor as a Healer/Arcane Warrior and she ends up tankier than Alistair while also healing your party.

They can't seem to get a dragon age right.

1 was fun but needed improvements
    2 was a clusterfuck
    3 was wtf is going on with all this empty space between everything that's not at all related to the main quest and why am I making love to a rhinoceros in a forest
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Blood Wound & Blood Control is what made the blood magic tree so damn worth it, not only those spells deal a fuckton of dmg but are also pretty amazing CC ability’s. It’s big part why later on I stopped bothering with dedicated healers, you had access to such an amount of crowd control that Morrigan with heal and regen was more than enough to trough the hardest difficulty’s without much of a problem…

If I remember correctly, my ultimate party setup was…

Warden – 1h&shield Warrior – Champion + Reaver
    Alistar – Dual Wield Warrior – Templar + Berserker
    Morrigan – Mage – Shapeshifter (never really used it) + Blood Mage
    Leliana – Bow Rogue – Bard + Duelist

If I’m not mistaken, Alistar had an ridiculous amount of damage, something like 80% of the party total damage... it was ridiculous >.<
    Blood Magic was simply overpowered. Well Mages in general were ridiculous in that game, but Blood Wound not only bypassed the resistances of most enemies, but it was AoE friendly as well, in a game where most of your AoE spells could shave off more than half of your party's health bars when miscast. The only fights it didn't trivialize where enemies that ended up being immune to the spell like High Dragons.

You also didn't use Morrigan right if Alistair ended up doing most of the damage .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Holding your weapon might be bit difficult though .
    Depends on the weapon . My Mage would have no problem swinging his spirit blade one hand down... If you're a rogue you could get the whole "Crossbow hand" things, for a warrior... Maybe a sword arm? Or some kind of claw.

I think that could work.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't.

But you people seem to. So I play ball.

Critics like it better. It has more GOTY awards. People like it better.

What else do you want from me?

- - - Updated - - -

God bless PC mods that allow me to respec Morrigan from Shapeshifter into spirit healer.

You haven't tasted true bliss until you deck Morrigan in armor as a Healer/Arcane Warrior and she ends up tankier than Alistair while also healing your party.
    Your the one who brought up critics and As I said a purse a better known triple a game is gonna get more rewards more so cause divinity wasn't on consuls when it first released.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Depends on the weapon . My Mage would have no problem swinging his spirit blade one hand down... If you're a rogue you could get the whole "Crossbow hand" things, for a warrior... Maybe a sword arm? Or some kind of claw.

I think that could work.
    Iirc KEs swung their blade with their right hand while they had their staff in the left, didn't they? Well some magic prosthesis would probably be easier anyway, maybe some relic you search for on your first mission. After all, if we truly go to Tevinter finding or acquiring some magical item should be the easiest thing, they aren't as backwards as the Fereldens.

I want the combat to be smoother like it was in DA2, even DAO felt better than the abomination that was DAI's combat.