Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have opened under 12 boxes not sure exact number but I got 3 Legendary skins and 3 dances so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Still not acceptable to me, as I said in Dota all heroes are available to everyone at all times, you don't need to purchase a single one, and you still don't need to pay to play the game.

Imagine if you had to purchase heroes in Overwatch in order to play them.
    That would indeed suck, and I probably wouldn't have got into the game at all if that was the case.

I think I got 2 skins out of 20 boxes.

No cruiser D.Va though... so all is ash in my mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    2 Legendaries so far. Both Hanzo. Not pleased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Opened around 20 so far and got a classic Sym legendary and the cruiser D.va which is seriously the best one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm totally going to buy the D.Va one if I don't get it by then. I don't even play her, but it's fuckin sweet.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

24 boxes so far, got genji and tracer + old symmetra, sombra and 500 gold. could be worse

I bought 100 boxes, and got anniversary skins for D.va, Genji, Mei, Pharah, Lucio and Tracer's 3 times. I also got an old skin for Hanzo, Soldier, Junkrat and Roadhog and bought Zarya's new skin. I got dances for D.va, Genji, Lucio, McCree, Mei, Mercy, Reaper (and shrug), Soldier, Sombra, Torb, Widow, Zarya and Zen.

I felt like the droprates for skins was about normal, although I do feel like the droprate for credits is higher with anniversary boxes, I gained over 6k credits from those 100 boxes, lots of dupes I know but I reckon I got more 50 credit rares than I did player icons.

I'll just be playing regularly now to see what I get for the rest of it, will probably buy Soldier's skin if it doesn't come in a box before the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took me 200 boxes to get all, had to buy 2 for 3000 credits each and rest from opened boxes. Anniversary = done.

Now if they just bring back Summer skins

10+ Year Old Account
    Opened 25 anniversary boxes, pulled Bastion and Lucio skins (Bought Tracer), I've also pulled like 5-7 dances as well.

Edit: forgot I pulled Pharah's skin from leveling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Opened 13 boxes, got 2 legendary, old skins and a lot of gold. But I want the new D.Va skin! :/
    - says Ralph

Deleted
    Around 40 boxes so far, got tracer twice and bastion. Can't say that I'm pleased, previous event was better for me regarding rng.

I don't think I would have an issue with the Themed Loot Boxes if they weren't available for a limited time. Other games do have event DLC that are available for a limited time, but you can actually chose the exact skin uyou what to buy without the risk of gambling.
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellbraker View Post
    Other games do have event DLC that are available for a limited time, but you can actually chose the exact skin uyou what to buy without the risk of gambling.
    I don't really understand the difference between that and Overwatch? You don't have to gamble with loot boxes if you don't want to. Every cosmetic item has been directly purchasable with gold since Halloween. Summer games was the only one they let you do that with.

I mean, realistically you're not going to have the gold to buy everything without buying a ton of lootboxes but if you want to target specific skins, you certainly can.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't really understand the difference between that and Overwatch? You don't have to gamble with loot boxes if you don't want to. Every cosmetic item has been directly purchasable with gold since Halloween. Summer games was the only one they let you do that with.

I mean, realistically you're not going to have the gold to buy everything without buying a ton of lootboxes but if you want to target specific skins, you certainly can.
    The event skins cost an unreasonable amount of gold to the point that you either have enough gold from paying real money for loot boxes and got dupes/currency or you just saved up and rarely/never bought anything.

Also, in the other games you pay about $5 for the exact skin you want. In Overwatch you pay the same for five boxes and have a very low chance at getting a skin, let alone the skin you want.
    Last edited by Spellbraker; 2017-06-01 at 03:13 AM.
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

Deleted
    Almost a week and 3000 pissed off replies later, no word from Blizzard on any kind of fix or change to the drop chances, or even a "sorry, we think it's perfect" -post. The drop chances, combined with the horrible arcade choices (mayhem ends up in defense victory nearly always, CTF ends up in draws like half of the time, mystery heroes are all over the place with the comps not working, the 1v1 requires 5 games minimum and you can lose with 9 games) and the 3000 point skins and 750 point dances, this anniversary event has been a real bummer.

I'd be happy if there were no event boxes, or no boxes at all. I'd be happy if everyone had every single skin, emote and so on, to pick and choose as they like. But, since the system is this way, I can't help but feel "forced" to try and get some boxes so I too can have at least a modicum of customization fun with the game. However, the fact that people can buy, and clearly are buying, tons of boxes with real life money, has caused Blizzard to screw with the drop chances and that in turn has made getting a proper drop almost impossible.

Personally I'd like to see two types of boxes; one type you get by actually investing your time, effort and sanity into the game, and by actually playing it, and the other type you could get by spending your, or your parents' money on the boxes. The latter would have the current drop chances, while the former would have much higher ones. Rich people would still spend more than enough money on mtx to keep churning butter for Blizzard to pay people's salaries and server upkeep, and those of us who for whatever reason don't want to spend a dime on the boxes could still see something other than WWBW when opening a box, which seems to be 99 boxes out of a 100.

But, I mean, no such luck.

Got the D.VA one on box nr 4 or 5. Don't really care, though. Most of the skins are rather underwhelming, especially the new Hanzo skin.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Personally I'd like to see two types of boxes; one type you get by actually investing your time, effort and sanity into the game, and by actually playing it, and the other type you could get by spending your, or your parents' money on the boxes. The latter would have the current drop chances, while the former would have much higher ones. Rich people would still spend more than enough money on mtx to keep churning butter for Blizzard to pay people's salaries and server upkeep, and those of us who for whatever reason don't want to spend a dime on the boxes could still see something other than WWBW when opening a box, which seems to be 99 boxes out of a 100.
    I think the problem with this would be that the people who spend real person money in the game would quickly get everything they wanted and then stop spending money until the next holiday. Blizzard needs to have a bit of that RNG on even the purchased boxes to keep those people spending the money, especially since event/holiday skins will be returning annually and there will be a point when even those won't be drawing out money anymore.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Opened 25 boxes, got 3 legendaries: Lucio, D.Va, & Tracer (in that order). Got dva and tracer in 2 "adjacent" boxes

I did 11

Got 3 epics, then box 7 gave me a legendary reaper, 8 gave me the new legendary hanzo, 9 gave me 500 coins

was a good day