Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Dude just stop watching and go somewhere else please lil'hater. The show is beautiful.
    (you silly not him robbed the bank but wednesday did.)

- - - Updated - - -

Now you have proven you know nothing about stories now please go out.
    This thread is not purely for fans of the show. It is for discussion of the show. That includes criticism. That happens. What is not acceptable is to launch insults at people just because they criticized something you like. So keep it to yourself. Thanks!
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This thread is not purely for fans of the show. It is for discussion of the show. That includes criticism. That happens. What is not acceptable is to launch insults at people just because they criticized something you like. So keep it to yourself. Thanks!
    Opinions are opinions, but you're just... wrong. Why are you looking at this from a marketing team angle? "Catching on with mainstream audiences".... what? Character's don't have to be likeable, but I do like that you're a fan of the ginger who gets his power from insanity because he hasn't done anything wrong or gotten... overly emotional? Like that too, what does that even mean? We just need 35 cgi Ben Steins sitting in a room talking about tax regulatory systems. Emotionless enough for ya? Tune in soon

Anyway, I hope christians watch this show and they keep it close to source. Maybe they'll TAKE THE HINT this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Opinions are opinions, but you're just... wrong. Why are you looking at this from a marketing team angle? "Catching on with mainstream audiences".... what? Character's don't have to be likeable, but I do like that you're a fan of the ginger who gets his power from insanity because he hasn't done anything wrong or gotten... overly emotional? Like that too, what does that even mean? We just need 35 cgi Ben Steins sitting in a room talking about tax regulatory systems. Emotionless enough for ya? Tune in soon

Anyway, I hope christians watch this show and they keep it close to source. Maybe they'll TAKE THE HINT this time.
    You're really angry. Its just a TV show. Wow.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The only potential star is Mad Sweeney (the gold coin loving Leprechaun). He actually hasn't done anything wrong in the series yet besides being overly emotional. He's borderline charming. He might make a better lead than Shadow Moon.
    I would have agreed that Shadow and Wednesday are anti-heroes, lovable rogues, but Sweeney? He's a loutish rowdy, created to be disliked by the audience. If you like him more than the protagonists, you must be misinterpreting the story.

If Shadow's characterization follows the book, it will take place across the whole first season. We saw some in the Laura flashback.
    Yes, he's a small-time criminal, persuaded by his wife to try a larger score. He doesn't show remorse because he's happy that Laura didn't get caught as well.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Mr. Wednesday is also an asshole criminal. If they both died in a car crash in the next episode, I doubt many would even care.
    Oh... well no one would tune in.

- - - Updated - - -

Just look at WoW. So many people want to play paladin because of the class fantasy of the pure hero with shiny amror and a sword and shield.
    Which is why I consider them the biggest faggot class in PVP, they have abilities that shouldn't be allowed in PVP - especially for a class with those fantasy elements.

And fuck Magatha.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Book readers probably know the answer (i don't mind being spoiled), but i don't get the deal with the coin.

So did this lucky coin grant the irish guy with his powers or not? Is the coin the reason explaining Laura being a beast now?
    Book spoiler
    The coin has a lot of power and is what brought back Laura, it's got a lot heavy implications later on but the true nature of the coin is never fully explained iirc.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

"Oh, you're an asshole. You're an asshole, dead wife!" lol

I love so many of the actors and characters in this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Book spoiler
    The coin has a lot of power and is what brought back Laura, it's got a lot heavy implications later on but the true nature of the coin is never fully explained iirc.
    But what remains unclear to me is: going on the assumption that Sweeney is a supernatural entity, are his powers tied to his lucky coin? Thus, having lost it, is he severely weakened now?

To put it simply, does Laura have the superpowers Sweeney would have due to the coin?

Da fuck does that mean?

To put it simply, does Laura have the superpowers Sweeney would have due to the coin?
    Well that raises the question what powers Sweeney lost when he gave the coin away. (And what differentiates Laura from a "regular" zombie in this universe)
    For one, the coin seems to bring "luck". Which might be the reason Laura came back from the dead.
    Her strength, on the other hand, could be a zombie trait, maybe she doesn't have a subconscious self-preservation drive anymore that would hold her back.
    Her connection to Shadow could be another thing altogether, and unique to the couple.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Well that raises the question what powers Sweeney lost when he gave the coin away. (And what differentiates Laura from a "regular" zombie in this universe)
    For one, the coin seems to bring "luck". Which might be the reason Laura came back from the dead.
    Her strength, on the other hand, could be a zombie trait, maybe she doesn't have a subconscious self-preservation drive anymore that would hold her back.
    Her connection to Shadow could be another thing altogether, and unique to the couple.
    It wouldn't make much sense to have, in a story full of supernatural entities, a super zombie that can easily beat them, assuming the rest of them are in around the same power level.

Deleted
    This thread is not purely for fans of the show. It is for discussion of the show. That includes criticism.
    All you do is SHIT about the show that is not constructive at all.

You're really angry. Its just a TV show. Wow.
    Why are you here? Pretty sure your the same guy who said they don't watch tv. Plus this is a forum, where you talk to people. You here to shit and run or here to back up your nonpinions?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Da fuck does that mean?
    The book casually comments on Jesus pretty well. Many weak versions, spread thin, his followers posting and hashtagging for themselves in the name of #jesus. Media tv and tech are the true gods of most people who claim to be faithful.

The book casually comments on Jesus pretty well. Many weak versions, spread thin, his followers posting and hashtagging for themselves in the name of #jesus. Media tv and tech are the true gods of most people who claim to be faithful.
    I'm going along with this concept of Media and Tech and whatever being "new gods" for the sake of following and enjoying the plot of a TV show, but I completely disagree with and reject the notion that the media and technology really are new gods in the real world. They're nebulous concepts, not direct objects of worship. People don't bow down and pray to the god of technology or the goddess of the media in the same way that people pray to Jesus or God, or used to sacrifice to Odin and Anubis and whoever.

And the minute you start to really think about how that would even work (nebulous, vague concepts becoming actual, legit gods) it falls apart. What is it that gives a new god power? Time spent in front of something or thinking about something, the way that Media implies people spending time in front of the TV and thinking about TV shows and stars gives her power ("better than lamb's blood")?

Well, people spend a lot of time on the toilet too. When you have to take a leak or a dump, you spend time and energy looking for and finding the bathroom. Where's the god of the shitter? He or she should be pretty fucking powerful if this is the bar we're setting for what gives a god power and form.
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2017-05-30 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't make much sense to have, in a story full of supernatural entities, a super zombie that can easily beat them, assuming the rest of them are in around the same power level.
    Trust me, in the grand scheme of things, even WITH his Coin Mad Sweeney is the bottom of the pile when it comes to the Old Gods. He's not even really a god, he's just a mythical creature.

Od... I mean, Wednesday, Czernobog, Nancy, Toth, any of them would drop Sweeney like a bad habbit, I mean shit... Even when he HAD the coin, Shadow was able to take Sweeney down. Although to be fair, he's not exactly human either...

Anyhoo: Just got done with episode 5, was another solid episode... Although I could have done with less naked zombies. Don't get me wrong, I love Emily Browning and would never say no to her in the buff, but the stitches were somewhat offputting .

Zomboobies aside, this episode we finally meet the great and powerful Mr World! Who rocked up like an old school pimp and delivered a KILLER scene, even managing to keep attention off of Wednesday and Media dressed up like Marilyn Monroe, who would have been scene stealers, in any other company.

I know this show is a slow burn, and that's not for everyone... You REALLY need to remember that this book is about the same length as Game of Thrones (the book, not the show), but this whole first season is only roughly the first third of the book, so it's going to take a while for the real shit to kick off.

Trust me though, when it does it'll REALLY be worth it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    this whole first season is only roughly the first third of the book
    Oh, did they say that? I had kinda expected for the first season to deal with the events of the book, and later seasons to cover the fallout, as well as weaving in Anansi Boys (which I sadly haven't read yet)

Then again, we're already 5 episodes in, I had expected 10 or 13 episodes, but Wikipedia only mentions 8...
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2017-05-31 at 07:23 AM.

Oh, did they say that? I had kinda expected for the first season to deal with the events of the book, and later seasons to cover the fallout, as well as weaving in Anansi Boys (which I sadly haven't read yet)
    You need to read it, its got some cool stuff in it.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I'm going along with this concept of Media and Tech and whatever being "new gods" for the sake of following and enjoying the plot of a TV show, but I completely disagree with and reject the notion that the media and technology really are new gods in the real world. They're nebulous concepts, not direct objects of worship. People don't bow down and pray to the god of technology or the goddess of the media in the same way that people pray to Jesus or God, or used to sacrifice to Odin and Anubis and whoever.

And the minute you start to really think about how that would even work (nebulous, vague concepts becoming actual, legit gods) it falls apart. What is it that gives a new god power? Time spent in front of something or thinking about something, the way that Media implies people spending time in front of the TV and thinking about TV shows and stars gives her power ("better than lamb's blood")?

Well, people spend a lot of time on the toilet too. When you have to take a leak or a dump, you spend time and energy looking for and finding the bathroom. Where's the god of the shitter? He or she should be pretty fucking powerful if this is the bar we're setting for what gives a god power and form.
    See now, this could be a really fun discussion. Many times people will "worship" in their own way, same faith and all that, but some go to church every day, others a more quiet and singular method to get through their day.

People don't need a new phone. They don't need to watch the next episode or binge the next season. They do, in droves, in quite a hardcore fashion. The crapper comparison doesn't hold up (though, who HASN'T prayed to the porcelein god before?), as anything of that elk could be swapped in. From a sink to your looking glasses.

If you look in a fanatical sense, those idiots that run out to get the new iphone 7... and then the iphone 7s... are just that, complete fucking idiots (imo only), and I think the exact same of those that worship any of the thousands of gods out there. Putting your faith in something that only completes its end of the bargain to a limited capacity. With your fancy new Note 8, did you quickly make sure Instagram, Twitter, facebook were all up-to-date? Did you make sure to also pick up a fancy new case to protect your bibl, i mean phone? Careful be the man who can recite ever line from Seinfeld or the Vampire Diaries as if it were the gospel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I love Emily Browning and would never say no to her in the buff.
    She is a total sweetheart. I wish I was still in contact with her.

I like boobs, but I've never been a huge fan of the Kate Upton's... with Kate being the exception to the rule, cuz yes, yes I would. I remember a few months ago, i was talking to a friend who was once again talking about getting her tits done. she said sometime when she was 22. I told her No. Straight up, not happening. She asked why and I told her (financially, it'd be a really, really big stretch for her), so I told her that 24 would be a more realistic goal - plus, hoping she'd grow up a bit more before doing something like that. I also pointed out (she's a hooters girl) how over the past several years, only 2 of my favorites actually had tits worth talking about. 1 had big natural tits, but was such a pretty girl and was literally the sweetest, nicest girl I've ever known... so the tits weren't even a thing to me on her. The other... got her tits done but was limited in what she could do and so most of the time, you can't even notice that she's had them done.

Random rant about tits, but... Emily is one that has done a ton of nudity and I don't mind that she's got the body of a 12 year old boy. I was curious if she'd let them out, considering her past. I'm not put off by the zombie stitches... yet. I'd be her puppy any day. Maybe not that day embalming fluid was coming out of every hole... but most any other day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, did they say that?
    Not sure they said it anywhere official... But I was watching NerdHQ and they mentioned there that the first season will cover the events up until the House on the Hill, which seems a pretty solid play to end the first season.

Also: FUCK, I thought it was ten episodes, because I checked IMDB and it said ten... But it turns out it has listing for episodes 1/2 of season 2. Season 1 is only 8 episodes :'(

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    She is a total sweetheart. I wish I was still in contact with her.
    As do I! Because this is the point I'd be asking for her number .

Also: True she's quite small up top... But she's quite a slim lady, so they fit her body shape very well. She's a stunning lady and not afraid to take risks with the roles she picks, I like that.

I would happily be her puppy ay time, although I'd prefer to be the one holding the leash!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Oh right, meant to reply to this.

It's all about personification. Us modern people recognize that the 'primal' gods of early mankind were mostly abstractions of physical events and concepts - the sun and moon, rain and wind, the sea and the desert, thunder and lightning. Non-living things or animals that had some kind of effect on humans, either physical benefit or danger, or psychological fear of the unknown, giving "life" to their supernatural powers.

These personifications of abstract concepts evolved into the more personal divine pantheons of Egypt, Greece, Rome, the Scandinavian gods etc. and this is usually what we think of as "a god".

However, in the universe of American Gods, deities derive power not directly from being worshipped, but from being thought of, being on the minds of people. And yes, even we modern people still anthropomorphize abstract concepts like Television, the Internet or "the Government" (Mr World is basically the concept of the "G-Man") and we 'worship' them by thinking about them, being afraid of what they might to do us, or dreaming of what they can offer us - basically, showing respect.

On the example of Mrs. Fadil, the one that Anubis took, she was technically a muslim, but kept the Egyptian myths 'alive' via the stories in her head, that her grandmother had told her.