Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    You're seriously claiming that wearing skimpy armour is the same thing as what they do in Goldshire? Are you for real right now?
    Yes I am, I make that association, because it can be observed. I only need to log in once and I'll see it everywhere.

If I were actually arguing, I'd say it's rated T and not AO. But I care none.

Now, are you seriously going to conflate maturity with aesthetic sense? And are you going to speak for others now, claiming they're ready to admit something untrue?

Yes, anyone with a certan level of maturity, a rather low level of maturity. Anyone who's actually mature wouldn't care if someone wears a slutmog or not and might even be brave enough to admit that they like it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    But armored bikini makes perfect sense?

Because it makes literally ZERO sense even in fantasy setting.
    Boris Vallejo would disagree.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Yes I am, I make that association, because it can be observed. I only need to log in once and I'll see it everywhere.

If I were actually arguing, I'd say it's rated T and not AO. But I care none.

Now, are you seriously going to conflate maturity with aesthetic sense? And are you going to speak for others now, claiming they're ready to admit something untrue?
    So what does that say about Blizzard who designed the gear, as well as NPC's who wear it, you're saying they are the same as the people in Golshire? You're either holding them in really high regard, or Blizzard in very low, holy fuck I just lost any respect I might have had for you as a person.

Something untrue? Oh but it is true, then again what would you know about right and wrong when you think wearing revealing armour is the same thing as what those people do. As I asked the other person above, out of two people where one person thinks less of another simply for what they choose to wear in a video game, and the other does not, which of the two is more mature? Hint, it's not the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Yeah and you can go LARP some knight combat or whatever if you want realism.

- - - Updated - - -

"only 13 year olds like sexy things"

Welp I guess that's it folks.
    I did say if they are older it is sadder, but maybe you are not old enough to read all of a quote before you jump in with your two penneth

10+ Year Old Account
    So what does that say about Blizzard who designed the gear, as well as NPC's who wear it, you're saying they are the same as the people in Golshire? You're either holding them in really high regard, or Blizzard in very low, holy fuck I just lost any respect I might have had for you.

Something untrue? Oh but it is true, then again what would you know about right and wrong when you think wearing revealing armour is the same thing as what those people do. As I asked the other person above, out of two people where one person thinks less of another simply for what they choose to wear in a video game, and the other does not, which of the two is more mature? Hint, it's not the former.
    I don't need your respect. I stand by my opinion. In its current state, WoW's transmogs are hardly "skimpy" or "slutty" with the exception of maybe one chestpiece. Demon Hunters, as it is, wear revealing armor, yet they're not bikinis, they're leather-clad.

Maturity has nothing to do with aesthetic pleasure.

And no, it's not true. Someone that doesn't like something isn't going to "admit that they like it themselves" just because you say so.

Does it matter? In your example the female variant is more revealing than the male, in my example the male variant is more revealing than the female. You wanted consistency, there you have it.
    So you found one outlier, which has a perfectly logical explanation (they aren't allowed to show topless women in the game unless they're very heavily stylized ala Therazane). We both know that there are far, far, FAR more examples like mine than what you have provided (Inquisitor Whitemane, multiple plate and mail sets, plus a lot more leather and cloth sets).

The best part is not only is your dis ingenious example an outlier, but it's not even an example of consistency. Consistency would be something like the Dark Iron Plate which looks pretty much the same no matter who you put it on.

For example, you want to bet that all but maybe one of these sets isn't anywhere near as revealing on male characters?

or

or

there are plenty of examples of what I'm talking about.

Here, here's another one that shows the difference.

Stop trying to make some point about how they are consistent because they made one or two sets where the roles are reversed so it's totally even.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    I did say if they are older it is sadder, but maybe you are not old enough to read all of a quote before you jump in with your two penneth
    ROFL XD If you like sexy things past puberty you must be creepy weirdo :--D

nice meme

Deleted
    I don't need your respect. I stand by my opinion. In its current state, WoW's transmogs are hardly "skimpy" or "slutty" with the exception of maybe one chestpiece. Demon Hunters, as it is, wear revealing armor, yet they're not bikinis, they're leather-clad.

Maturity has nothing to do with it. Otherwise, you'd see naked people everyone.

And no, it's not true. Someone that doesn't like something isn't going to "admit that they like it themselves" just because you say so.
    Can you please try and read my posts before you reply to them? What I said was this:
    Anyone who's actually mature wouldn't care if someone wears a slutmog or not and might even be brave enough to admit that they like it themselves.
    That doesn't say that everyone who is mature likes revealing amour, it says that those who do might be brave enough to admit it, which is true. However those who don't, given that they are mature, don't think less of them for it.

You can stand for your opinion all you like but it doesn't make it any better. You think Blizzard's developers as well as anyone who likes revealing armour are the same as the people who do ERP in Goldshire, if you seriously don't see anything wrong with that then you have serious issues.

I'm okay with skimpy transmogs/armor as long as the armor is equally skimpy on both genders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    So you found one outlier, which has a perfectly logical explanation (they aren't allowed to show topless women in the game unless they're very heavily stylized ala Therazane). We both know that there are far, far, FAR more examples like mine than what you have provided (Inquisitor Whitemane, multiple plate and mail sets, plus a lot more leather and cloth sets).

The best part is not only is your dis ingenious example an outlier, but it's not even an example of consistency. Consistency would be something like the Dark Iron Plate which looks pretty much the same no matter who you put it on.

For example, you want to bet that all but maybe one of these sets isn't anywhere near as revealing on male characters?

or

or

there are plenty of examples of what I'm talking about.

Here, here's another one that shows the difference.

Stop trying to make some point about how they are consistent because they made one or two sets where the roles are reversed so it's totally even.
    1: It's not just that one, DH tier 19 and 20 are the same.

2: I personally wouldn't mind more revealing armour for males either, which is why I approve of male demon hunters being revealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I'm okay with skimpy transmogs/armor as long as the armor is equally skimpy on both genders.
    This.

If developers and artists are going to continue to putting armorkinis and high-heeled combat boots into games, then they at least need to make them look the same on every character. But if you're only putting them in for one of the genders, then it's pretty clear what the intent is behind them, and it's probably not immersion.

Blizzard has evolved over time. The designers have made mention of this. Many of them have kids now, and are finding it harder to justify some of their past decisions to their daughters.

As a result, nowadays we don't really see armors morph between a fullplate and a plate-kini, depending on which gender wears it. However, that doesn't mean there's no skimpiness to be found. I mean, a few armors are too silly with it, but there's plenty of warriors even in lore that prefer to fight without fullplate. Grunts are a big example.

The Demon Hunter class makes it clear that revealing style of armor can be legit. There's other examples as well of revealing outfits that are recent. The big change is that generally, these are now revealing for both genders. Which for me, removes much of the complaints.

The least revealing tend to be tier sets, which Blizzard gives most attention to, appearance-wise. I guess as it represents the toughest elite gear around, and the visuals of the armor are most elaborate, this is a somewhat natural decision. One I don't think threads like this will bring any change to.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2017-05-30 at 10:03 AM.

i honestly dont like the look of skimpier armor but thats me if you like it well good for you ..... you do you and so on

1: It's not just that one, DH tier 19 and 20 are the same.

2: I personally wouldn't mind more revealing armour for males either, which is why I approve of male demon hunters being revealing.
    Dude, you know I'm not talking about being consistent on non-revealing armor so please stop being obtuse about it. There is no arguing that they are not consistent on armorkinis and other such looks in game. I've provided plenty of examples in this thread, and anyone whose played for a remotely long time has seen other examples in additions to the ones in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you please try and read my posts before you reply to them? What I said was this:

That doesn't say that everyone who is mature likes revealing amour, it says that those who do might be brave enough to admit it, which is true. However those who don't, given that they are mature, don't think less of them for it.

You can stand for your opinion all you like but it doesn't make it any better. You think Blizzard's developers as well as anyone who likes revealing armour are the same as the people who do ERP in Goldshire, if you seriously don't see anything wrong with that then you have serious issues.
    It's not true. And your original post never mentioned anything about "maturity" and "admittance" in the same context.

Maturity is how appropriately you behave to your surroundings, an example being responsibilities. An aesthetic, like skimpy armor, has nothing to do with "maturity." It's all based on taste, not intelligence nor adulthood nor indifference. And if you seriously want to conflate the two with maturity, then I'd tell you that this game is rated T and not AO -- the answer is set in stone at this point.

This is a roleplaying game. If you don't think roleplaying has anything to do with the decisions you make on your transmog then I'm not the one with serious issues here.

Deleted
    It's not true. And your original post never mentioned anything about "maturity" and "admittance" in the same context.

Maturity is how appropriately you behave to your surroundings, an example being responsibilities. An aesthetic, like skimpy armor, has nothing to do with "maturity." It's all based on taste, not intelligence nor adulthood nor indifference. And if you seriously want to conflate the two with maturity, then I'd tell you that this game is rated T and not AO -- the answer is set in stone at this point.
    Wow, you're seriously sticking to claiming that it isn't true? Hear me out, this is what I said:
    Someone, who likes something, may have the courage to admit that they like said thing.

You're claiming that statement isn't true, are you for real right now?

Maturity is how appropriately you behave to your surroundings
    Right, and people around you are part of your surroundings, how you react to their decisions is part of your maturity, thank you for helping me prove my own point.

This is a roleplaying game. If you don't think roleplaying has anything to do with the decisions you make on your transmog then I'm not the one with serious issues here.
    Dude, enter the game right now, pick any non-RP server, Horde/Alliance doesn't matter, talk to people in the game and ask them if they care about role-play, ask them if they even know what role-play is. Most people who play this game have never RP'd in their life. That's why there are so few RP servers.

And even in the situations that does contain actual RP, there's a world of difference between your character wearing skimpy armour, and doing ERP in Goldshire.

Not really no, just responding to your ridiculous posts.

Who's more mature out of these two, the one who is bothered by what other people wear in a video game, or the one who isn't?
    Well you're definitely the more "bothered" one overall, that's safe to say.
    I never once said your nerdy slutmog bothered me. I don't give a shit. I just said it tells a lot about your personality.

Because the fact that majority of males plays female characters, dressing up in very bad, horrible looking skimpy armour, while lying to the crowd and themselves that they play female characters because the animations look better... It makes me cringe to no end, and yes, it just looks downright bad.

Everyone says it's the boys who dress their belfs in slutmog, but the boys I know who play female characters outfit them like fucking starcraft marines.

The only guildies who dress their female characters pretty are the girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAWJiI55I7M