Thread: CRZ sucks nutz.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yes, CRZ sucks... For example on Sargeras we often get put with a bunch of horde despite our server being 99% alliance... Forcing PvP does not create community.

Just merge servers or don't do anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    CRZ is completely failure and has zero reason to exist. Server merging could deal with everything CRZ could do and do even better.
    CRZ was implemented to address empty zones and has nothing to do with realm population. High pop realms can still have empty zones and no amount of realm mergers would address that. Not to mention the fact Blizzard already merged realms through connected realms and it didn't solve a god damn thing. Low population issues quickly cropped up again and made it clear this would never be a long term solution just as many players had predicted would be the case only to be accused of being fanboys and whiteknights.

I disagree. It makes the world feel more alive, even in low level content.

And "server community" is a vastly rose-tinted thing. I was around before anything cross-realm came up, on a rather small server, and the only community you'd find was within guilds. Same as now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    CRZ is a bandaid over a gunshot wound. Small servers are dying and Blizzard's response is to enable CRZ, which makes the world seem busy but does nothing if you want to form a guild for raiding, have a healthier auction house, or server community. Want a healthier server? Blizzard wants extra money.
    Player activity is still player activity regardless of whether they are on your realm or theirs. Again Blizzard already merged realms and it solved nothing. Scrapping CRZ will never change that.

Rather than whining incessantly about cross realm tech maybe you people should start asking for cross realm guilds. Blizzard is far, far, far more likely to implement cross realm guilds than scrapping CRZ. In fact it is something Blizzard has already said they have an interest in doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    Or trade. Or be in a guild.
    Well good thing CRZ wasn't implemented to address trading and guild invite issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    What you mean you don't love not being able to find nodes because everyone is shoved into the same area just to make it look like someone is actually playing? You don't like the fact that you gotta stand around and wait on mobs because now you are sharing with 10 other servers? You mean you don't like that half the time you run up to a node or see and rare and it despawns because you hit another phase?

But you get to see people you will never come in contact with again! Isn't it glorious?
    Blizzard has already resolved mob spawn and resource node issues for most zones and respawns are based on number of players in a zone. It's fine. If these issues still exist it would be more productive to report those issues to QA or developers than to ask them to get rid of CRZ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heallygood View Post
    My biggest issue with CRZ is the jarring experience I get whilst playing. I'll be travelling around and have nodes/mobs and players phasing in and phasing out.
    Not a CRZ issue and has been a problem in game since Wrath which is 2 full expansions prior to CRZ being implemented.

Again this is a case of where it is more productive to give Blizzard data on where this is happening than to ask them to remove something completely unrelated to the problem being complained about.

- - - Updated - - -

It proves CRZ cant solve issues of low population zones.

- - - Updated - - -

CRZ is horrible. CRZ players are NPCs for you.
    Players are players. Period. End of story. You can't group with players of the opposite faction or trade with them or invite them to guilds so why aren't you claiming they are NPCs to you as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Random sharding and being put into zones with people not from your realm or connected realm does indeed suck, but it wasn't the first, nor the last, reason why realm communities died. It was more like another smack to the face of an already long-dead horse.
    Realm communities existed due to technological limitions and were never meant to be community builders. It was and still is the responsibility of the players to build communities themselves rather than expecting Blizzard or software to do it for them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    They really need to get rid of this horrible feature.... Questing in Broken Shore... run across someone on another realm... Started helping each other out.

Well. CRZ can go to hell and it can die. It the past friended run something with this person and built more server community. Now.. Fuck it all. CRZ and who ever thought it can go rot under a rock.

Rant off.
    It is indeed good for high level zones but when you wanna farm something old like a rare or something CRZ ruins that experience also it kind of messed up how wintergrasp and tol barad works now im on a alliance dominated server i should never see horde controlled wintergrasp. examples when i type /who it shows players from different servers in the zone. so yea i think certain zones should be No_CRZ
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    then you go to
    "crz sucks, cause back in the day you met people" ?
    Which is funny because before CRZ was implemented, the only people I'd ever meet in lower leveled zones were enemy faction rogues camping my corpse.

So instead of questing on your own, you were able to quest with another player. Even if you didn't add them to your friends list (and you could have, with BattleTag), you still received a better experience overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    It is indeed good for high level zones but when you wanna farm something old like a rare or something CRZ ruins that experience also it kind of messed up how wintergrasp and tol barad works now im on a alliance dominated server i should never see horde controlled wintergrasp. examples when i type /who it shows players from different servers in the zone. so yea i think certain zones should be No_CRZ
    Surely, CRZ is working correctly if it fixes unbalanced faction participation and therefore gives both sides a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ is completely failure and has zero reason to exist. Server merging could deal with everything CRZ could do and do even better.
    I don't understand why people don't like CRZ. It allows people to see and interact with other people out in the world, and makes the world feel populated even if you play on a low pop realm.

If you hate your low pop realm, why don't the CRZ whiners just server transfer to a high pop realm? Simple solution to a non-issue "problem".

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    You're clearly not getting the point of CRZ. Blizzard implemented CRZ to allow us to feel like regardless of level we're still part of an immersive world where people steal our mobs and farming nodes.
    Excellent! But you left out "Also, we feel much more heroic when surrounded by 19,000 other heroes."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Third - physical server hardware can be utilized more effectively. Instead of running location servers for 1-2 players - Blizzard can push hundreds of players to there. All exceeding hardware can be used to extend capacity of servers (that's why all servers are low now) or to use is for free on other games, like Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch. To many benefits to take bad players' gaming experience into account.
    This could have been done easier without crz unless the architecture on the backend side was incredibly bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    crz is one of the main thing who helped the game to be better

-your wq is bugued ? : crz and its done
    -want to kill that rare quickly without waiting 45 hours for the spawning ? : crz and its done
    -same with world boss: crz..i love you you crz
    -old raid/new raid ? : crz, dont have to wait 4 days
    -boring wq ? : crz, here, its done quickly ! so hot
    -more, more, more : crz xD

man, crz is one of the best thing ever in wow, you dont feel you are prisoner of your realm anymore
    Why do ppl keep equating instanced content like raids with crz?

TLDR of you post seem to be exploit mechanics to skip having to do content.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    ^This....Crz should most def not be allowed on stormrage, it's completely annoying trying to farm like sha, it's full of crz people, why on earth would anyone in the right mind choose a top 3 largest server to farm sha or any rare anyhow? I agree, get rid of that crap, it's flat out annoying already and large pop servers are already crowded, leave that garbage to low pop realms that might need it.

Quote Originally Posted by healzforu View Post
    ^This....Crz should most def not be allowed on stormrage, it's completely annoying trying to farm like sha, it's full of crz people, why on earth would anyone in the right mind choose a top 3 largest server to farm sha or any rare anyhow? I agree, get rid of that crap, it's flat out annoying already and large pop servers are already crowded, leave that garbage to low pop realms that might need it.
    I think the greatest problem is that people don't get how the current shard system works. "Servers" are a thing of the past, only limiting trades and mythic raiding.

When you log in, the system checks in which shard (that fits your server choice, language/type) there is enough space for a player. If there is no place in the shards available, it creates a new shard.
    It priorizes players from the same server (or server cluster) for a shard, but there is no guarantee you and your guildmate playing on the same server and being in the same guild will see each other in front of the AH in orgrimmar unless you are in a group. For sure they have developped interesting algorithms, for example this way they can balance the horde:alliance ratio easier.

Same applies to old content. There are maybe two or three MOP shards available, since obviously there are much less players. And those players come from all realms, from full or empty ones. And while server (or rather shard) hopping works quite fine for the current content, it is practically useless for old content due to the limited amount of active old world shards.

So long story short: It doesn't matter if you play on a high or low pop realm, you get merged together unless the amount of players breaks some unknown threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by aluser View Post
    This could have been done easier without crz unless the architecture on the backend side was incredibly bad.
    No, even when just one player sits in location - some minimal amount of hardware needed. Mobs should walk back and forth, even if you don't even bother about them. And while overcrowded locations have their cons, such as higher amount of traffic, being generated, overall - hardware is used more effectively. For example much lesser amount of RAM and DB storage are needed.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I don't understand why people don't like CRZ. It allows people to see and interact with other people out in the world, and makes the world feel populated even if you play on a low pop realm.

If you hate your low pop realm, why don't the CRZ whiners just server transfer to a high pop realm? Simple solution to a non-issue "problem".
    Some people don't WANT the place to feel populated. Feeling populated means competing for quest spawns and dealing with all the bullshit that random people in the world create.

People don't necessarily hate their low pop realm per se, they miss the benefits that a low pop realm used to have before CRZ, such as relative peace and quiet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Some people don't WANT the place to feel populated. Feeling populated means competing for quest spawns and dealing with all the bullshit that random people in the world create.

People don't necessarily hate their low pop realm per se, they miss the benefits that a low pop realm used to have before CRZ, such as relative peace and quiet.
    Play a single player game then. That would suite you much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Play a single player game then. That would suite you much better.
    I've heard this tired old shit a million times. I'm not here looking for a policy change.
    You said you didn't understand. Now you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    No, even when just one player sits in location - some minimal amount of hardware needed. Mobs should walk back and forth, even if you don't even bother about them. And while overcrowded locations have their cons, such as higher amount of traffic, being generated, overall - hardware is used more effectively. For example much lesser amount of RAM and DB storage are needed.
    Can you point me to these architecture documents you have read because i see nothing in your argument that counteracts my point. Never claimed that every cpu-cycle and byte don't need to exist somewhere but that doesn't invalidate the point that you could save hardware easy by just combining them on the same machine
    other than that you considering that it is much less RAM which isn't necessarily true depending on combination/use of virtualization, containers and ssi for example or concepts like object storage.
    I have been looking for something like what eve published for there system about blizzards and you seem to have read it since you claim crz is the only way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    They really need to get rid of this horrible feature.... Questing in Broken Shore... run across someone on another realm... Started helping each other out.

Well. CRZ can go to hell and it can die. It the past friended run something with this person and built more server community. Now.. Fuck it all. CRZ and who ever thought it can go rot under a rock.

Rant off.
    MMO-champion doesn't really see ranting threads as constructive.

Even at so, CRZ has been VERY helpful to the overall community, where people can easily group up and work together. All this server community died when people started caring more about curve achievements instead of being geared and knowing the fights.

Only thing I see that CRZ is breaking is for roleplaying communities.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    MMO-champion doesn't really see ranting threads as constructive.

Even at so, CRZ has been VERY helpful to the overall community, where people can easily group up and work together. All this server community died when people started caring more about curve achievements instead of being geared and knowing the fights.

Only thing I see that CRZ is breaking is for roleplaying communities.
    Big difference between group finder(or realm hopping) and Automatic CRZ imo.

The automatic stuff isn't helpful at all imo in many cases it creates problems. I moved away from my low pop realm a few months back cause it was already outnumbered by the opposite faction (tagging grey mobs all the time), and majority of CRZ people I saw daily were from alliance-heavy clusters too, and this wasn't group finder CRZ as it were the same groups of realms every time for months.

Clearly you saw much more variation in server names on world bosses etc to see the difference.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-14 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Big difference between group finder(or realm hopping) and Automatic CRZ imo.

The automatic stuff isn't helpful at all imo in many cases it creates problems. I moved away from my low pop realm a few months back cause it was already outnumbered by the opposite faction (tagging grey mobs all the time), and majority of CRZ people I saw daily were from alliance-heavy clusters too, and this wasn't group finder CRZ as it were the same groups of realms every time for months.

Clearly you saw much more variation in server names on world bosses etc to see the difference.
    I am not talking group finder, and not the cancer of realm hopping. The automatic setups is a bit harsh at times but does create a better activity rate for zones. Sadly, strikes hard on RP'ers whom sometimes get phased away from the other RP'ers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..