Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    yall nerds are retarded

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    You do give a shit, otherwise you wouldn't say "it tells a lot about your personality", which makes you immature.
    I'm sure this make sense in your own head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I'm sure this make sense in your own head.
    Second time today you make a comment like this even though you fully well know exactly what I'm saying, you're delibertably trying not to, or pretending not to, because you have nothing else to say.

This was your original post:
    I'm not into it because I'm older than 14, as well as not a virgin and also not a pathetic dweeb/nerd/etc.
    You wouldn't state it in such a way if you weren't bothered, you wouldn't use such words if you didn't care.

You wouldn't state it in such a way if you weren't bothered, you wouldn't use such words if you didn't care.
    What's unclear to you about that statement? It says exactly what I meant to say. Im not into it because I'm not that kind of person. Sorry if that insults you, but try to look it this way: if it burns, it also tells you that deep inside you feel ashamed and actually want to change.

Deleted
    What's unclear to you about that statement? It says exactly what I meant to say. Im not into it because I'm not that kind of person. Sorry if that insults you, but try to look it this way: if it burns, it also tells you that deep inside you feel ashamed and actually want to change.
    Nothing was unclear at all. You've clearly shown that you do care that people use slutmogs, and you dislike it greatly. You've made this very, very clear, and you don't need to bother to try further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Everyone says it's the boys who dress their belfs in slutmog, but the boys I know who play female characters outfit them like fucking starcraft marines.

The only guildies who dress their female characters pretty are the girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAWJiI55I7M
    I don't normally do the skimpy armor deals but I did make a decent one about a month ago for fun:

Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Nothing was unclear at all. You've clearly shown that you do care that people use slutmogs, and you dislike it greatly. You've made this very, very clear, and you don't need to bother to try further.
    Oh, no. I like that you're like that. It gives me a good feeling about myself, and since I can be a maliciously gleeful person at times, the fact that pathetic people are out there amuses me. Yes, these people are garbage, but this would ony "bother" me if I were one of them. I wouldn't have you thrown in a dungeon if I had the power, don't worry.

Deleted
    Oh, no. I like that you're like that. It gives me a good feeling about myself, and since I can be a maliciously gleeful person at times, the fact that pathetic people are out there amuses me. Yes, these people are garbage, but this would ony "bother" me if I were one of them. I wouldn't have you thrown in a dungeon if I had the power, don't worry.
    Oh but it does bother you. You keep coming back to throw more insults, I've clearly hit a nerve. We've got 14 year old, virgin, dweeb, nerd, pathetic and garbage so far, would you like to add anything else to the list or do you feel content?

Oh but it does bother you. You keep coming back to throw more insults, I've clearly hit a nerve. We've got 14 year old, virgin, dweeb, nerd, pathetic and garbage so far, would you like to add anything else to the list
    Probably not, it's a pretty accurate description. I'm always accurate.

Can't help but snicker when the prude-crowd claims that people that enjoy revealing armor are children, virgins, dweebs, nerds and "pathetic".

So... More "childish", virgin-status, dweeb-status and nerdy + pathetic than what's already projected onto people playing WoW? The people being concerned with how slutmog relates to such titles should probably move away from gaming lest they be branded in the same way.

- - - Updated - - -

Especially hilarious that they throw around words like "pathetic".

What sort of repressed and pathetic does one need to be in order to be so offended by scantily clad pixels?

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Everyone says it's the boys who dress their belfs in slutmog, but the boys I know who play female characters outfit them like fucking starcraft marines.

The only guildies who dress their female characters pretty are the girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAWJiI55I7M
    This is also my experience. More confident/attractive women who play the game seem to enjoy the bikini mogs and other more revealing outfits. Maybe the more confident/attractive a person is the more likely they'll be comfortable with more revealing clothing in game (and IRL?)

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    because it's stupid and unrealistic. also it does kinda bother me how it kinda trivializes women in these stories "oh sure, you can be kinda badass, but you have to appease my boner while doing it."

realistic armor enhances fantasy.
    Unrealistic? You do realize you are playing a game where there are walking, talking cows yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    Unrealistic? You do realize you are playing a game where there are walking, talking cows yes?
    magic does not preclude realism.

look at dragon age origins for a good example.

combining fantasy with realism makes it better, makes it grittier and darker usually.

Practicality and realism aside (it's WoW, so that's easily done), to put it simply: it looks bland and unimaginative. Full body armor is (or at least can be) a lot more aesthetically pleasing because you have more to work with.

Platekini is just... lacking, for the lack of a better word.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-05-30 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    I don't wear skimpy armor but I do play female characters.

The male models in this game are like body builders, a physique I can't relate to and don't think fits say a mage, warlock, rogue or anyone else outside of a Warrior.

A typical mage can't bench more than Arnold, so why when I take my robe off am I rocking a six pack and guns the size of bricks?

Female characters are leen and sleek, it has nothing to do with finding pixels attractive. They just look better in a lot of cases, for me it's mostly human and nelf.

Then again maybe I do like playing as Lara Croft rather than Nathan Drake, bad ass women are attractive.
    There is nothing wrong at all with playing female characters as a male, it just becomes annoying in the end when the reason is obvious, but majority hide behind some really bad excuse.

This is not tied to World of Warcraft only. You can look into any game, any MMO, there's always a majority of female characters played by men, and the excuse is always, or most of the time that the "male animation sucks and the female one is better." Even games with a good mix of both slim males, strong males, slim females, strong females.

They can't accept they like playing pretty characters, that they want to be an anime princess, or that they want to feel extremely slutty or skimpy. They just have to come up with some bad excuse instead of just telling the truth.

Not saying there are people who genuinely think the female animations are better. But in EVERY game? Hardly.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Skimpy armor really only makes sense for ranged classes that are stationed AWAY from any pointy objects, mostly because cloth already doesn't provide much protection.

As for melee, sure less armor = more mobility but going "belly free" and exposing vital organs is basically idiotic. Same goes for showing thighs.
    well, while cloth armor is certainly less durable than steel armor, it's not exactly useless, the ancient greeks used layers of linen glued together with animal fat to fashion their armor. 100 layers of linen glued together and pressed into a breatplate is still pretty tough and could even stop or seriously lessen the damage done by arrows or even swords.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linothorax

cloth armor doesn't necessarily HAVE to mean a robe.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's more of a personal preference really.
    I mean, in tons of other fantasy universes, rife with magic and cartoonishly sized weapons and such, the armor is nothing more than there to be comedically cumbersome or just to cover the naughty bits.
    WoW isn't much different since the beginning, really, as mages and other characters since vanilla have had thighs showing between slits in their dresses while wearing what equates to a little more than a bra for a top while other characters are so cluttered with armor and over-sized shoulders that general movement seems more laborious than it has any right to be.

I mean, the armor others use? Who cares.
    If you don't like it, just don't use the items.
    I mean, xmog allows you to change the appearance, so if you get a drop that is too revealing for your tastes, visit your local xmog (or hop on your mount) and make it more, um, conservative? I guess?

We summon majestic dragon beasts out of nowhere and fly around with our 8 foot long flaming swords that in reality probably weigh close to 100lbs based on their size and girth yet we swing them with the velocity and haste of that of a twig at various draconic and otherworldly beings, so i mean, realism isn't exactly the target of the game, if you get my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Because it makes literally ZERO sense even in fantasy setting.
    I think it works fine for most cloth and leather armor classes. Obviously not bear and brew tanks, but a stealthy rogue with light armor... some mage rolls out of bed in skivies doesn't need 83 pounds of armor to throw a fireball. And that cloth isn't going to stop an orc axe from cutting you in half.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Because it looks retarded and childish.
    this lol, plus it doesnt make sense why youd rather look like that, vs a badass with w/e xmog fits your class - not to mention most slutmogs are with old models where u can literally see pixels

I'll never understand why anyone would ever care what someone else wore in game or in real life.