Page 86 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Having some fun games and then all of a sudden a string of 6 hunter games in a row just getting rushed down... So interesting.

Was playing my Dijini Priest in casual for my quest and lost to a... Silence Hunter?

Didn't think to play around that...

Just finished a great arena run which ended 11-3 with a 74score Rogue. just to get the biggest letdown by my reward... hold on to your hat

200gold
    1 golden common
    1 rare
    1 pack

Thats actually an insult tbh They seriously need to remove the freaking common rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Just finished a great arena run which ended 11-3 with a 74score Rogue. just to get the biggest letdown by my reward... hold on to your hat

200gold
    1 golden common
    1 rare
    1 pack

Thats actually an insult tbh They seriously need to remove the freaking common rewards.
    You are complaining that you basically made back 3x your entrance fee but feel gyped because it was only a golden common...ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    You are complaining that you basically made back 3x your entrance fee but feel gyped because it was only a golden common...ok.
    I am complaning about that you can get less gold by getting 11 win than 10 win and almost 9 win... i couldnt care less about a common card... 9 out of 10 people just want to get gold so they can enter arena again.

I am complaning about that you can get less gold by getting 11 win than 10 win and almost 9 win... i couldnt care less about a common card... 9 out of 10 people just want to get gold so they can enter arena again.
    I agree with your assessment. I played quite a few arena runs last week but had to stop because I was ending up getting garbage cards/dust instead of my gold back. It's a gold drainer, but yes, the rewards really try to hold you down by giving you garbage, so you need to spend $$ to keep playing. It's not balanced, but there's nothing you can do about it, it's one of the ways Blizzard tricks players into spending money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play arena regularly and I am not one of those 9 people. Sometimes you get less than average rewards and sometimes you get more. On this occasion you got less than average rewards for 11 wins but it's pointless to moan about it.

However I do have a massive stash of gold that always stays at about the same because I never spend it in the shop. I play arena virtually everyday, sometimes 5 runs in a row and sometimes I take a break and of course I make sure the daily quests are completed every day to help with that. I'm not an "infinite arena player" by any means but I get by easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I agree with your assessment. I played quite a few arena runs last week but had to stop because I was ending up getting garbage cards/dust instead of my gold back. It's a gold drainer, but yes, the rewards really try to hold you down by giving you garbage, so you need to spend $$ to keep playing. It's not balanced, but there's nothing you can do about it, it's one of the ways Blizzard tricks players into spending money.
    In the end a golden common is equivalent to 50 gold, a regular rare is equivalent to 20 gold. To me getting one or the other makes absolutely no difference because the ultimate aim to flesh out a standard card collection not build a huge gold stash.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    However I do have a massive stash of gold that always stays at about the same because I never spend it in the shop. I play arena virtually everyday, sometimes 5 runs in a row and sometimes I take a break and of course I make sure the daily quests are completed every day to help with that. I'm not an "infinite arena player" by any means but I get by easily.
    (Didn't you say you had like 7 alternate accounts to help with gold/play Arena on?)

In the end a golden common is equivalent to 50 gold, a regular rare is equivalent to 20 gold.
    Really? I don't feel like thinking right now so I wonder how that math works.

the ultimate aim to flesh out a standard card collection not build a huge gold stash.
    Hmmm I see. My goal is to play as many games as possible and be able to play as many fun [constructed] decks as I can. So getting dust...or cards that only turn into dust is about as valueless as possible.

I try to think of the gold spent on arena as gold spent on content/fun, but looking at when the next expansion launches and how many packs I'll need to buy, I sort of need to save and not use my gold on arena runs.

Although I'll probably take your advice and do arenas next expansion instead of just buying packs outright.

10+ Year Old Account
    (Didn't you say you had like 7 alternate accounts to help with gold/play Arena on?)
    I made them during the Morgl promotion to create referal friends, then I started using them for arena practice without risking gold. But now I feel I don't need the practice so they remain idle.

Really? I don't feel like thinking right now so I wonder how that math works.
    Statistics have been compiled by data-mining 1000s of pack openings and it turns out the total dust value of the cards inside packs is very closely equivalent to the gold spent on those packs in the long run.

- - - Updated - - -

I try to think of the gold spent on arena as gold spent on content/fun, but looking at when the next expansion launches and how many packs I'll need to buy, I sort of need to save and not use my gold on arena runs.
    When Old Gods came out I spent ALL my saved gold on packs and then made a decision to start saving and never to buy packs on the fly again, f2p forever more! By the time Gadgetzan came I had 15000 gold and decided to play arena for packs instead of buying them.

A couple of months and 130 arenas (150 was my goal but I got lazy) later I had opened 130 MSoG packs and accumulated more dust from rewards and still had plenty of gold as a base for the next expansion. 130 arenas easily gets enough packs and dust for you to play constructed till the next expac if you want, much more than you would have got had you bought packs in the shop even if you're not that good.

This is now the cycle I'm in, play arena for a couple of months -> play constructed or more arena or chill till the next expac, gold isn't even an issue any more once you have the momentum going and don't spend it all at once.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2017-05-31 at 12:52 AM.

Mayor noggenfogger is a super shit card. I decided to put it in my deck for fun. He has 5 minions on his side i have 3 and decide to put noggenfogger to avoid lethal next turn. He targets 2 times my fogger fuck with his minions and after its chosing randomly it 2 times ends up also attacking my noggenfooger....random yeah

Season restarted and I wanted to play a quick game on mobile, so I queued for Wild Ranked with my "value priest" (read: Ragnaros and Sylvannas are in the deck).

Omfg I got grinded out by a "Resummon every deathrattle like 90 times" Shaman. Now I know how Filipino hookers feel. No joke, it felt worse than when I first started the game and had to play against Legendaries when all I had was basic cards. I'm never queuing for Wild again.

It was literally at rank 25.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm in arena playing paladin against a hunter. I'm dominating him all game. Several turns he has just hero powered and passed without swinging any minions into my wall of taunts. I get him down to 2 hp with a spikeridged loot horder, the 6/6 taunt that gives divine shield to neighbors, a spikeridged recruit, 4 normal recruits, and 1 charge left on vine cleaner. His board is empty. I win next turn.

I'm at 13 health. He spams a bunch of thank yous and well playeds, then goes on the hunt, kill command, kill command, hero power for exact lethal.

/fliptable

Deleted
    when your againts a player with insane and fast opener adn you draw only late game sutff despite half your dekc being early stuff :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    when your againts a player with insane and fast opener adn you draw only late game sutff despite half your dekc being early stuff :/
    RNGesus. Sacrifice your daily goat, you'll thank me someday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    RNGesus. Sacrifice your daily goat, you'll thank me someday.
    maybe i should do that :/
    but to add to my past those players that wait till rope to something as simple as use hero power. OR when playing n'zoth deck n'zoth being in last few cards of your deck. Im getting this so often that im consdering crafting that 4/6 that pulls 10mana card from your deck.(though sadly i only got 20dust right now)

Just played long game againts priest that was constantly proloinging his turns for no reason(was playing n'zoth rogue) 5cards left still no n'zoth .
    Im starting to think rng jesus hates me, i have this almost evry single game for last few days.
    Last edited by mmocc56b999c4f; 2017-06-06 at 08:18 PM.

The match making seems to be really fixed.. When i play pirate warrior, i get taunt warriors and control mage all of the time. Then when i switch to priest/control mage, I get all the quest rogues, like wtf seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    The match making seems to be really fixed.. When i play pirate warrior, i get taunt warriors and control mage all of the time. Then when i switch to priest/control mage, I get all the quest rogues, like wtf seriously?
    I've been saying that for a long time. It's kind of like facing one secret mage after another and then I tech in secret eater and then go 20 games without seeing a mage. I suppose Blizzard has to code the game to cheat that way, otherwise one bullshit deck could just dominate the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by patseguin View Post
    I've been saying that for a long time. It's kind of like facing one secret mage after another and then I tech in secret eater and then go 20 games without seeing a mage. I suppose Blizzard has to code the game to cheat that way, otherwise one bullshit deck could just dominate the ladder.
    Yeh apparently they enforce the code to ensure players have a 50% win rate on average like in overwatch, kinda lame man.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am filled with salt right now.

Playing Control Pally vs Exodia Mage and this guy is fucking terrible. He played his first Apprentice on 2, then ran it straight into Noble Sac. He played one Molten Reflec on an Acolyte, to get more draw. He ended up playing his second Apprentice AND Time Warp together just to half-clear my board. He also dropped Tony to get ONE Fireball before it was picked off.

But here's the thing... his Tomes kept giving him more Tomes, and Fireballs. The endgame looked like this:

Thalnos
    Fireball (created by Cabalists Tome)
    14 face damage, end turn

I heal up with Forbidden Healing, kill his Thalnos, and pop his Block

Frostbolt (topdecked)
    Ice Block
    9 face damage

I pop it again

Fireball (created by Archmage Antonidas)
    Ice Block (created by Primordial Glyph)

12 more face damage

I pop it once more

Pyroblast (topdecked).
    I'm dead.

FUCK YOU, MAN. You played that deck so unbelievably badly, and pulled a win out of your arse through sheer bullshit. You did not deserve that at all.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    I think I've had enough HS for this expansion. D: The meta has been shit so far, and today I played 15 ish games and they were ALL against quest rogues, 1 face druid, a few face hunters and a few face warriors. Not a single chillaxing, medium or long length game was found. I despise aggro, and even more so quest rogues, as I have not found an effective way to counter those. So far their quest has always been done by turn 4-6, which is way too late. If I try to have dirty rats in the deck, they tend to be in the bottom.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!