Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    People complaining about that are idiots. I really liked how you had to do QM games, because it means you're engaging more in the game and the community, you're not hiding away in an AI game, learning nothing and avoiding to take part in the game.
    They complain that they want VS AI because they want it to be easy, so that they dont have to make an effort or face other players. It completely ruins the point of the game and is unhealthy for the game.
    The fact that there is a vs AI mode completely kills your theory that PvP is the entire "point" of the game though.

Is there a high resolution pic of Rexxar and Misha ( the one linked here) ? Cannot find it

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    The fact that there is a vs AI mode completely kills your theory that PvP is the entire "point" of the game though.
    No, because as I stated, it's a great way to familiarize yourself with a hero you've never played. To learn the basics. But that's all it is and should be. The AI are shit, really really shit. There is no PvE content. There is no PvE challenge. AI games are for introducing new players to the games mechanics, maps and heroes.
    If you play nothing but AI games, you shouldn't be rewarded in events because you're not participating in the game and playing against people, like you're meant to. But of course that'll offend all the precious little flowers out there who don't want to be challenged or have to LEARN anything. You're playing the practice mode and nothing else, then acting like that's the game and somehow something that should be catered to. It's absurd to me.

Why the hell do you want to play HotS if you don't intend to play the pvp? It's not a PvE game. MOBA's are PvP. It's not a damned theory, it's the definition of a MOBA. When you watch a tournament or a streamer, they're not playing AI games because that's the weakest, most boring and unchallenging part of the game.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2017-05-27 at 01:13 PM.

No, because as I stated, it's a great way to familiarize yourself with a hero you've never played. To learn the basics. But that's all it is and should be. The AI are shit, really really shit. There is no PvE content. There is no PvE challenge. AI games are for introducing new players to the games mechanics, maps and heroes.
    If you play nothing but AI games, you shouldn't be rewarded in events because you're not participating in the game and playing against people, like you're meant to. But of course that'll offend all the precious little flowers out there who don't want to be challenged or have to LEARN anything. You're playing the practice mode and nothing else, then acting like that's the game and somehow something that should be catered to. It's absurd to me.

Why the hell do you want to play HotS if you don't intend to play the pvp? It's not a PvE game. MOBA's are PvP. It's not a damned theory, it's the definition of a MOBA. When you watch a tournament or a streamer, they're not playing AI games because that's the weakest, most boring and unchallenging part of the game.
    Actually, practice mode is the mode called "training mode". And the definition of MOBA is "Multiplayer online battle arena is a genre of strategy video games that originated as a subgenre of real-time strategy, in which a player controls a single character in one of two teams. The objective is to destroy the opposing team's main structure with the assistance of periodically spawned units that march forward along set paths. Player characters typically have various abilities and advantages that improve over the course of a game and that contribute to a team's overall strategy. MOBA games are a fusion of action games, role-playing games and real-time strategy games, in which players usually do not construct either buildings or units."

PvP is the main part, but no, it's actually not "the definition".

Some people want a mode where they can shut off their brain but still make a bit of progress with EXP and maybe even events. I'd rather have them messing around in Vs AI than wasting peoples time in QM.

You don't even have to win to participate in events, it isn't about challenge at all, get off your high horse. It's literally "download and play the game, get skins". The quality of quickmatch drops during these events because you have people constantly leaving/afking because they are only playing to get skins, and don't actually want to engage with the game. It isn't nearly as bad when those people can drop into AI games to get it. And ultimately, yeah, you could avoid those people by playing unranked/ranked. So at the end of the day, who cares?

It doesn't hurt anything to include AI in the events, because people that choose to play that aren't the kind of people who are going to play PvP anyways. But its possible by getting them to play at all, that they'll eventually convert to PvP players.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

10+ Year Old Account
    And theyve again added "VS AI" to an event quest, completely and utterly nullifying the point of making people play PvP in a PvP game.
    Seeing as how there is an option to play against the AI to begin with, you're
    immediately wrong in assuming this is *only* a pvp game. If you were correct,
    there'd be no option for vs. AI to begin with.

Secondly, its closest competitors/other games that inspired it, namely Dota 2
    & League of Legends ALSO contain a vs. AI, so you're further incorrect in your
    statement.

I really liked how you had to do QM games, because it means you're engaging more in the game and the community
    Bully for you. You have the option to do so, and that's fine. There is objectively,
    NOTHING wrong with people using vs. AI.

you're not hiding away in an AI game, learning nothing and avoiding to take part in the game.
    This is where you start to fall under the "My way is the right way to play the game,
    anyone who isn't is auto-wrong" mindset, ala "the elitist player."

They complain that they want VS AI because they want it to be easy, so that they dont have to make an effort or face other players.
    No, its because they have the option to play the game in a way they
    PREFER to play it. Which is vs. AI.

They still have to play with others, they still have to play the same games,
    etc. etc. So yes, effort is being made, it is not given for free. Just because
    they're doing it in a way YOU dislike, does not make them wrong. You would
    think otherwise, and that again, makes you elitist.

It completely ruins the point of the game and is unhealthy for the game.
    The nail to the elitist's mindset's coffin. You have absolutely no way of
    proving this, so you're essentially getting mad for no good reason.

Evidently, you need to go research "live and let live."

I'm not saying they're bad people.
    You just called them "idiots" for not playing the game in the way YOU
    want them to, despite there already being an option for them to play
    the game in the manner they want to. Don't backpedal.

I'm saying that people should be encouraged to engage other people in a pvp game to promote a healthy community and player numbers, the latter leading to a better matchmaking.
    Ah-huh, and sure, that's plenty fine, but they should still have the option
    of "no thanks", and YOU should, as an adult (maybe) respect their decision
    and not judge them for it? Maybe?

To let people avoid or minimize their contact with other people in a PvP game feels counterproductive and in the end not healthy for the game.
    They can play with other people in vs AI, did you know that? Pretty sure
    most people choose to play with other people vs AI, even though the option
    is given for them to play it alone with AI partners. But either way, love for
    you to prove that its counter productive and "not healthy" for the game.

Know what I mean?
    Not at all, no.

I mean vs AI has been around for quite awhile and HoTS's popularity hasn't
    gone down at all.

So uh...where are you getting this unfounded nonsense from again?

Then I sincerely don't think they should be playing.
    Why? So Mr. Elitist, what gives YOU the right to play and them NOT the
    right? Did you make Hots? Do you own the property?

Letting people avoid playing against other players will lead to lower player numbers and worse games.
    Prove this. I'd love to see you prove this.

If they dont play, they dont learn.
    Except that they are. Otherwise every single person would lose vs AI
    even at the beginner level difficulty.

Did you know they have difficulty settings, and even a Tutorial mode?
    Did you forget about Tutorial mode?

If you're so petty that you think someones avatar and signature invalidates their opinions just because you don't like it, you have NO right to take the highground on me.
    Mr. Pot, I'd like you to meet Mr. Kettle...

And they will keep being bad at the game because they never challenge themselves, never try to learn. That should not be encouraged.
    They're playing the game, which news flash, is exactly what Blizzard wants them
    to do. That >>>>>>what you think should be "encouraged."

AI is great for testing a new hero, yes, learning the ropes so to speak.
    Wait, you JUST said they never learn anything. How is great for "testing" and
    "learning the ropes" if you were just saying its "bad for the game", "they don't
    learn", etc.?

Play a few games to familiarize yourself with the talents and playstyle.
    But you just said they don't learn anything. Now they can familiarize
    themselves with things like talents and playstyles?

My goodness, if you're going to throw an "opinion" and say baseless
    assumptions, at least stick to them. One minute you're saying they
    ain't going to learn shit paying this game, now you're turning around
    and saying "they can learn some stuff."

But to keep learning, to keep getting better and face a challenge you must play other people.
    True, but if they don't WANT (which is ultimately the point) to do this,
    they have the RIGHT (which is a concept that elitists such as yourself
    are alien to) to not go that route. For those that do, its right there.

And guess what? Neither decision affects the other.

Your kind of defeatist, coddling attitude is something I don't really understand.
    I especially don't understand your entitled, demanding, "my way or the
    highway", delusional "this is how the game is supposed to be played",
    close-minded elitist attitude either.

Then quite frankly, they don't belong in this game and that kind of behavior should be punished.
    What the hell for. What they do doesn't affect you in the least. It doesn't
    ruin your gaming experience at all. If anything, I'd say players with YOUR
    mindset don't belong in this game, and the behavior of selfishness that
    you are displaying should be punished.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-05-29 at 04:31 AM.

Reminder: The ingame event kicks off starting tomorrow in the US. Unknown if EU starts at the same time or a day later.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Reminder: The ingame event kicks off starting tomorrow in the US. Unknown if EU starts at the same time or a day later.
    Probably a day later but we are used to it now :P

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Probably a day later but we are used to it now :P
    Yeah well, usually the EU blog post has a specific EU start date listed, but no such luck this time, so I didn't want to commit.

I know plenty of people have already provided counter-arguments to Noomz anti-AI stance, and I hate to further derail this thread, but I just wanted to say that I've never been able to understand the outright hostility people like Noomz seem to have for those of us who prefer vs. AI to actual PVP. Given their apparent lack of tolerance, for something as small as a different choice in playstyle, I really don't think they'd be happy with the sudden influx of people who aren't used to fighting against other players, if Blizzard made it so vs. AI no longer counted for quests and such. Such folk strike me as the sort to absolutely lose their minds if anyone on their team doesn't play exactly to their expectations....
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

I prefer pvp as it is more challenging to me and more fun but people who don't like pvp shouldn't have to miss out on anniversary gifts! C'mon! It's a gift to every player

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I know plenty of people have already provided counter-arguments to Noomz anti-AI stance, and I hate to further derail this thread, but I just wanted to say that I've never been able to understand the outright hostility people like Noomz seem to have for those of us who prefer vs. AI to actual PVP. Given their apparent lack of tolerance, for something as small as a different choice in playstyle, I really don't think they'd be happy with the sudden influx of people who aren't used to fighting against other players, if Blizzard made it so vs. AI no longer counted for quests and such. Such folk strike me as the sort to absolutely lose their minds if anyone on their team doesn't play exactly to their expectations....
    You're basically describing an elitist.

Anniversary event ingame is LIVE!

Anniversary event ingame is LIVE!
    So what time is it in europe.... 3 at night?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Why? You will probably never see those people in normal games. How is that unhealty?
    If they just want their peace and easy games, where is the problem? They are not disturbing anyone.
    The people who hate VS ai are the same who hate LFR. They don't get it that not everyone likes challenge, some people like playing on the bottom level difficulty with no attachment to anyone else, and no it's not against the spirit of the game to want this.

its live in eu

It became live in EU in the middle of a game I had. I got a sudden loot box after I was done with that. I went straight here and posted!

It became live in EU in the middle of a game I had. I got a sudden loot box after I was done with that. I went straight here and posted!
    Yeah i saw thx. So will the loot box daily event quest reset every day at what time??

Yeah i saw thx. So will the loot box daily event quest reset every day at what time??
    Not a clue!