Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Why does time go by faster when you are older?

It seems like years fly by now, but when I was a teenager the years would drag on. It's so weird and really disturbing to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Less novel activity.
    it seems like months just fly by now..which leads into years. I just want everything to slow down a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    It seems like years fly by now, but when I was a teenager the years would drag on. It's so weird and really disturbing to me.
    A year is less in comparison to your life.

One year of a 3 year old is a whole third of their life.

One year of a 40 year old is only a fortieth of their life.

Relativity!
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

Try new things. When you are young everyday is different but when you get older its just wake up, work, eat and sleep.

The first time you watch a movie it always seems longer than in the second, third, fourth time.
    I guess it's kind of like that. You've done stuff so many times they seem faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Try new things. When you are young everyday is different but when you get older its just wake up, work, eat and sleep.
    This is not true. As it goes, fun things go by faster than boring things. You try surviving a day with fun compared to a day of boredom and tell me which day lasted longer! It's all just a point of relativity as explained in my earlier post.
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess when you see all your childhood memories dying, this actor, that actor, that singer, that sports hero dying. Maybe i'm just having a mid-life crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post

Relativity!
    We have a winner! Relativity of a unit of time VS your total experience means your perception will change.

You drink more now.

Fucking tell me about I dont know when it started, but all of a sudden I have a 16 year old in High School, I really dont feel like THAT much time has passed since I was in high school. A year doesnt even seem like a long time anymore. Its like, Oh we better start planning for that now, be here in no time.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

BEcause youre older and realize no point in worrying about everything making it go so damn slow
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post

Relativity!
    that actually makes a whole shit ton of sense. why are you here?
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    We have a winner! Relativity of a unit of time VS your total experience means your perception will change.
    So if we live to be a thousand or more a year will end up feeling like a week?

Deleted
    Because you realize every day that you're one day closer to not existing. Like, at all, in any form whatsoever.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's all relative

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Fucking tell me about I dont know when it started, but all of a sudden I have a 16 year old in High School, I really dont feel like THAT much time has passed since I was in high school. A year doesnt even seem like a long time anymore. Its like, Oh we better start planning for that now, be here in no time.
    thats what I'm trying to get across. It seems like years are months now..and our time is running out.

Deleted
    thats what I'm trying to get across. It seems like years are months now..and our time is running out.
    Indeed. And days before you stop existing you look back and realize that you wasted most of your life posting on MMOC.

10+ Year Old Account
    as you get older you realize that life is meaningless so you start to await the sweet release of death more, causing time to seem to move faster

Doesn't that have something to do with how the brain becomes fully matured after our mid-twenties, changing the way that we perceive the passage of time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Indeed. And days before you stop existing you look back and realize that you wasted most of your life posting on MMOC.
    does that include playing wow for 12 years? My warrior is so old now.