Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    Don't get too angry about them, they're not as strong as they look.

They're hugely under-itemized in order to make up for the talent they grant. At 940, you're looking at a loss of ~2400 secondary stats in order to use them (~5% of overall damage output). Unless the talent it grants gives you 5% plus whatever your next-best legendary gives (so, for most specs, on the order of 7-9% total output increase from the single talent it grants), it's not that great a ring.
    If you had been on PTR on the latest build, you would have seen that they actually have over 3k stats 940ilvl. It was only a placeholder until they put the real value for them so they have the same value as another 940 ring would have on top of the talent it gives.

Making it class campaign and balancing the raid around the fact that everyone would have that ring would have made so many more people happy than how they are making it now. They are already adding 1 legos for every spec on top of the ring.... no need for more carrot over 99% of the playerbase doesn't have all their legendaries yet so we have plenty of carry to chase after already.

Deleted
    Playing DH I was looking forward to getting the ring, I have all 10 leggos for my spec so it being a random drop doesn't bother me too much although I see the problems. Being forced by the other new legendary, which is really strong and our new set to take a certain talent (which we'd get through the ring) I hoped we'd get the ring and be able to equip it with other legendaries to still have some choices. Not being able to equip the ring with two other legendaries is a real bummer. It just means I won't ever be playing a different talent for the next few months since the ring is outperformed by other legendaries.

It is going to be really sad to get the ring and just put it in my bank since it doesn't perform as well as the other legendaries do in most situations. People whose classes heavily rely on the ring, or let's say benefit a lot from it (Having it become BiS) are going to run into even bigger problems. Just a big letdown and a huge missed opportunity in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    If you played from the beginning and didn't go for flavor of the month classes, you should have a large amount of them by now, so you won't have too much RNG left for your next ones..

Most of my heroic guild has 8+, what's another 2.
    Doesn't really make it ok. The rings were a pretty cool idea and people got hyped. Now it's just going to be another source of frustration (in case of BiS and not getting it) or disappointment (if too bad to equip).
    Last edited by mmoce193b9fd19; 2017-05-30 at 09:43 PM.

I would have preferred them to be the reward for completing class hall campaigns, but yea, one more thing to not care about. Great ...

Big fan of that, because anyone who has put effort in (not including those who changed mains AFTER NH release) Would have/will have all their legendaries before 7.2.5.

And those who put full effort in, and switched at the start of 7.2 will also have all their effort in (Only like 10-15hrs a week of effort)

So I don't really feel badly for anyone who has been playing since 7.1.5 and doesn't yet have atleast 8. If legendaries mattered that much to you, you would have all of your specs legendaries by now. Plain and simple.

Deleted
    How stupid. Instead of an opportunity to do some sort of questline with a guaranteed good legendary at the end of it, the rings themselves add a lot of possibilities to gameplay and so on....

Allthey are doing is expanding the pool of legendaries that randomly drop from all content levels. In other words, the current system.

Like, the one that the players just love, right?

Didn't the devs learn one single thing from how the legendary system has worke dout so far? This is just a cynical ploy to get players to grind dead content like emissary quests and Broken Shore chests.

Hell I bet people are grinding those right now to eliminate the the other legendaries from the drop tables. Imagine seeing a ring drop and instead of the class one, it's Sephuz....

RNG legendary drops are such fun, they lead to such great cameraderie in raids between people who have gotten lucky and those who haven't. Getting alegendary isn;t exciting, the two reactions are either releif at not geting a crap one, or disappointment when you do. I remember getting those portal pants the devs kept trying to talk up!

Why not have a unique class legendary that everyone can get so long as they put in some effort. There's plenty of opportunity to be top dog for gear via RNjesus already for the normal gear drops. We don;t need more legendaries of that sort.

Give us a cool quest similar to the class mount, say it;s the crowning achievement of your oder hall and you're being rewarded for your dilligence with a powerful item to help you when you go to Argus. Or something.
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-05-30 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    This is the point where legion tanks if they let this hit the live servers.

Hahahaha.
    Yeah, this is quite the accurate assessment. Filled with intelligence and insight.

This is stupid as hell, they should've been baseline, but come on.

I want off the rng train...

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised if they really are random drops out in the wild since they're named specifically after your position within the order hall. You'd think they'd be tied to the order hall or something significant.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-05-30 at 09:48 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Sorry guys you already got your legendary ring handouts last expansion.
    At least the WOD ring was a reward for effort and persistence. It wasn;t a "handout" at all, the current legendary system is the handout, you can literally get the best items in game by from an emissary chest, broken short chest, a normal difficulty dungeon or LFR raid lol, virtually zero effort or skill involved there.

I can't get the ones out already that I need, now I will never get them it seems. I'm legit surprised the system has remained as broken as it is for so long. There should be a real way to target legendaries, it should be expensive and require much grinding, and RNG itself, but it should exist, because right now you may never get your BIS even if you've played the same character from day 1. I think I have 6 right now, and still no bracers.

Deleted
    This just feels lazy, the devs are just shoving in more random drop legendaries and inflating a system that most players do not like because it;s a virtually zero effort thing on their side to generate potentially a lot more grinding of content peopel wouldn;t otheriws ebother with, I mean, emissary chests, who in the right mind does those because they're in any way entertaining?

I gues sputtin gin a new cool quest chain was too much, yeah, let;s do a class mount, hey cool. But a class ring? Nah, let;s tease everyone by makingit look like it;s linked to your orderhall, and then just make it a fucking random drop like allthe others. You know, cos everyone just loved that from the start right?

I was so hoping (as a warlock), the Black Harbest Council were gonna sen dme off on some long, involved quest and then at the end there was going to be this great reward in the form of a class ring - preferably a chain through to Argus, with the Council sending me off there with a message about now having an additional powerful item to help me, or something really cheesy.

But nope.

Pftt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I can't get the ones out already that I need, now I will never get them it seems. I'm legit surprised the system has remained as broken as it is for so long. There should be a real way to target legendaries, it should be expensive and require much grinding, and RNG itself, but it should exist, because right now you may never get your BIS even if you've played the same character from day 1. I think I have 6 right now, and still no bracers.
    IMHO the best way is to emisary and broken shore quests to get legion supplies to hand in for the chests, least effort if you use world quest group finder tools you can rattle thos eoff real quick. Outsid eof that, do mythic dungeons. I suspect the higher the key the higher thr drop chance, on the other hand, non-key ones have a drop chance per boss. Etc.

I got lucky and got two legendaries dfrom broken shore chests lol. Only one left is Norgannons. Guarantee th elast one I will get eve ris th enew ring. The new chestpiece for locks looks pretty crap.

An extra benefit of the ring is, it doesn;t take up a tier armour slot. I;m using the aflfiction head and cloak right now.
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-05-30 at 10:05 PM.

Thoughts? If it's true that the follow the same rules as other legendaries then blizzard has well and truly lost the plot.

The rings should be a reward for finishing the legion campaign and be allowed as a third legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    This...this honestly might be the thing that makes me take a break again. I'm already super behind on legendaries (I only have 5 across all 4 Druid specs) so I was looking forward to the idea of having a gameplay changing guaranteed lego. My fault perhaps for believing it would be a quest reward, but for it to be another random drop with all the other random drops in the Druid pool, and on top of that to share the two slot limit is just...too much. I'm drained.

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    Thoughts? If it's true that the follow the same rules as other legendaries then blizzard has well and truly lost the plot.

The rings should be a reward for finishing the legion campaign and be allowed as a third legendary.
    Third legendary would be just as stupid as making the rings drops, since it does nothing to ease the RNG issue. Rings baseline = less focus on RNG to fill your legendary slots, third slot for ring means nothing's improved, just like what'll actually happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I'm surprised if they really are random drops out in the wild since they're named specifically after your position within the order hall. You'd think they'd be tied to the order hall or something significant.
    Well it's not an "if they are" at this point, as it's confirmed. At best it's a "if they don't change it before release".

Legion is an expansion built on one idea. Keep the players playing, no matter what. Playing everyday, playing 1 class, and basically 1 spec. If you change, or stop you fall behind and its almost impossible to catch up. This system also retains the current players, because now they have a new/more carrots to chase after. Its all about keeping people subbed and playing even if the content isn't fun or engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    Legion is an expansion built on one idea. Keep the players playing, no matter what. Playing everyday, playing 1 class, and basically 1 spec. If you change, or stop you fall behind and its almost impossible to catch up. This system also retains the current players, because now they have a new/more carrots to chase after. Its all about keeping people subbed and playing even if the content isn't fun or engaging.
    The bolded part is the only reason the rings are drops rather than part of a questline. They WANT the RNG frustration because as long as it doesn't go overboard it will keep people playing.

Fast food vs five star dining.

The whole 'impossible to catch up' thing is exaggerated. I've been back two weeks and have all 3 of my DK's weapons at item level 900 with 35 traits on two and 42 on another. It's not hard to achieve at all, and if anything, there's a load of artifact power available for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by liangdar View Post
    Got the warlock ring on my DH so I wouldn't go as far as to say they're confirmed to be drops.
    Confirmed DH's are Warlocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    This...this honestly might be the thing that makes me take a break again. I'm already super behind on legendaries (I only have 5 across all 4 Druid specs) so I was looking forward to the idea of having a gameplay changing guaranteed lego. My fault perhaps for believing it would be a quest reward, but for it to be another random drop with all the other random drops in the Druid pool, and on top of that to share the two slot limit is just...too much. I'm drained.
    Same as myself, the funniest thing is my Druid runs LFR, Normal, Heroic and 1/3 Mythic N, caches and Broken shores chests and doesnt see a lego, my alt finished just his third Normal NH and has seen a legendary drop 2 out of those 3 runs. Its to the point its basically has the same amount as my main minus 99% less of the work and play time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    The whole 'impossible to catch up' thing is exaggerated. I've been back two weeks and have all 3 of my DK's weapons at item level 900 with 35 traits on two and 42 on another. It's not hard to achieve at all, and if anything, there's a load of artifact power available for the taking.
    So... you think you catched up with that?! O.o

You are still behind the curve by quite alot.