Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

So since WoWProgress M+ score is a criteria now...

How exactly is it calculated? I know where to find it for my toons obviously, but what factors go into it?

- Is it from the level of the dungeon?
    - Is it from how fast you beat it?
    - Your ranking for a particular run on Blizzard's website? E.g. A run that was in the top 10 for a week (at any point) is worth more than a run that was only 90th?

What should I be focusing on specifically to raise this score? Also, is there a theoretical "cap" to the score for each dungeon?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Completing a +10 dungeon gives 100 points, completing a +25 gives 250 points.

Do a high level of every dungeon and you will be fine.
    All hail Ion Itsgonnacostus, the overlord of hypocracy

It's mostly based on rank. A 2 hour 20 is going to be over a 10 minute 19 everytime from what I can tell. You do get some score for a better time but this is single digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what Syenite said.

While your speed changes your rank, it's extremely insignificant. It's almost completely from the level of the one you complete. For instance one person completing a +25 may get 250.30 points where someone who completed a +25 quicker may get 250.70 points.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

is there any trick to getting wowprogress to record your runs? I looked at my score for the first time the other day and it's missing some 15s and up that I've run recently (like within the last month.)

Lol I just looked up at my score which is 1680 with most dungeons 15+ with 1 at 12 and 1 with none (Cathedral) and I remember people asking for 2k score to join their m+...
    I am 913 equipped with a 10/10M NH guild and I would not be invited to one of those groups, people are getting a little ridiculous relying on those numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Liandryl View Post
    Lol I just looked up at my score which is 1680 with most dungeons 15+ with 1 at 12 and 1 with none (Cathedral) and I remember people asking for 2k score to join their m+...
    I am 913 equipped with a 10/10M NH guild and I would not be invited to one of those groups, people are getting a little ridiculous relying on those numbers...
    What about asking 900+ ilvl for normal NH or ToV hc? Still ridiculous ,but numbers are numbers,that what determine the pug.

Ok, so get high level runs in on everything. I've been focused mainly on the dungeons that drop loot I'd use, but I'll hit up the others. Part of the problem I foresee though is I live on a fairly advanced server, so the cutoff for the top 100 (which wowprogress uses to pull the data from) is pretty steep. Some dungeons you don't even make the top 100 until you run a 13 or 14 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocok View Post
    What about asking 900+ ilvl for normal NH or ToV hc? Still ridiculous ,but numbers are numbers,that what determine the pug.
    Well the thing is that the score goes about all 12 dungeons and how high you go. Most people will not do anything above 15 because it becomes more of a pain to do than it is worth.
    Someone could also have done his 10+ in few dungeons and nothing more since 7.2 which means that his score would be shit. For example, I have not done anything other than a 4 cathedral and I am sure many will be way below and are pretty good players.

I know that ilvl requirement can be quite high for ridiculously easy raid like you mentioned, but people actually value their ilvl so they will try to make it higher to have more chance of getting invited, but only a minority really cares about wowprogress mythic score... I only knew it even existed because of said groups that asked for ridiculous numbers and I often go through wowprogress.

Some might have like 800-1k score but did 17-19 for like 5-6dungeons and avoided the others for example.
    That is why that score is flawed if players invite based on it.
    Best way to know who to invite is quickly going through their wowprogress to look at everything he has done, that numbers doesnt represent it at all and ilvl doesn't really either which is why going through wowprogress yourself quickly shows you if someone can be good or not.

For those normal NH/EN/ToV 900+, they are mostly high geared players wanting to farm legos and maybe some ap so they don't want it to take much time.
    I can't blame them for doing so, just find another group of more average players or make your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    Ok, so get high level runs in on everything. I've been focused mainly on the dungeons that drop loot I'd use, but I'll hit up the others. Part of the problem I foresee though is I live on a fairly advanced server, so the cutoff for the top 100 (which wowprogress uses to pull the data from) is pretty steep. Some dungeons you don't even make the top 100 until you run a 13 or 14 lol.
    You won't have a relevant score to most groups asking for M+ score unless you have everything 15+ anyway.
    @Those wondering why runs don't count - if it's too close to reset it sometimes won't, if you name change or faction change you score is wiped, and if your run is too low to rank on the realm leaderboards you won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Liandryl View Post
    People can ask for whatever they want. I could form a group and ask for 920+ only. Doesn't mean I'll get a group.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you really care about it, just focus on the dungeons where you have low keys and work from there. Play around the affixes, some dungeons are worse than others with particular affixes. Try to get a regular group too, if they share your M+ score interest, you can even just push keys, depleted or not, to try to build scores; ultimately, like anything else difficult in this game, it takes practice and familiarity. Learn what to do where and when and all of a sudden your 12 DHT becomes a 15, etc..

I'm not sure why people ask for M+ score anyways, you can get carried. I mean, obv keys much above 15 aren't really carry-able for most, but still. Just check warcraft logs, that's what i do. If you aren't purple parsing I'm not interested; I really only do this on high keys where I'm short a dps anyways. Anything sub 12 just get decent ilvl and classes and for the most part it will go well. If you're just running low keys i like to sometimes invite lower ilvl ppl anyways, they always get passed up and really, unless you're super farming, beating a key with 50% of the time left vs 41% still gives you the same 3 chests, help a player out

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    is there any trick to getting wowprogress to record your runs? I looked at my score for the first time the other day and it's missing some 15s and up that I've run recently (like within the last month.)
    Scan your toon after you do them if you want sites to track it. You need to be in the top 100 for your realm or any of the other people in your parties realms for the level time to be tracked. So if you play on Illidan for example a + 10 of almost any dungeon isn't going to rank after Thursday, but if some person in your party was from a small or dead server scan them and you will get credit. This is a dog shit system, but it is due to the limits of the armory and how Blizzard tracks these things. When in doubt run early in the week and scan your toons frequently.

- - - Updated - - -

Run early in the week or scan the other people in your group that aren't on your server.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Scan your toon after you do them if you want sites to track it. You need to be in the top 100 for your realm or any of the other people in your parties realms for the level time to be tracked.
    I'm curious about this actually. I completed some high level dungeons last night, and after the leaderboards updated to reflect them I went to WoWProgress and updated my toon. After doing so, the website showed an armory logout that happened after the leaderboards updated, but my runs weren't included. They didn't show up on my toon until this morning.

My guess would scanning armory for your toon does nothing for these scoring things. It might update your stats for number of runs completed in time (maybe?), but it seems more likely that at some unknown interval the database underlying wowprogress will dump information from the leaderboards and update M+ scores using that data. So it really doesn't matter if you've updated your (or someone else's) toon. If the run is still included in the leaderboards when this data dump happens then it'll show up regardless. Confirm, deny?

I'm curious about this actually. I completed some high level dungeons last night, and after the leaderboards updated to reflect them I went to WoWProgress and updated my toon. After doing so, the website showed an armory logout that happened after the leaderboards updated, but my runs weren't included. They didn't show up on my toon until this morning.

My guess would scanning armory for your toon does nothing for these scoring things. It might update your stats for number of runs completed in time (maybe?), but it seems more likely that at some unknown interval the database underlying wowprogress will dump information from the leaderboards and update M+ scores using that data. So it really doesn't matter if you've updated your (or someone else's) toon. If the run is still included in the leaderboards when this data dump happens then it'll show up regardless. Confirm, deny?
    Sometimes it takes awhile even when it shows it updated, even if the leader boards on different realms show your run. You can sometimes speed it up by bringing up your or other toons in the run then search their achievements or something that will prompt armory to recheck the toon. Due to the way Blizzard tracks these things mixed with how they update their own stuff there is a delay most of the time. Then again I have had runs show up while i was still chaining off mythic + runs and hadn't updated anything. This is another reason that anything done on Monday runs the risk of not being counted, it even says not to wait for scanning on the wowprogress site. Screwy things to happen too, my most recent 110 I did a 7 and 10 key the day after I leveled with some guildies and according to wowprogress I have only done 1 5+ dungeon. So many cracks for information to fall through that this is a very imperfect system.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted

Scanning your character won't update M+ progress, because it uses the realm leaderboards for your runs. It doesn't check those leaderboards when you update your character.

On the opposite side - your M+ runs will be credited even if you're not updating your character.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Scanning your character won't update M+ progress, because it uses the realm leaderboards for your runs. It doesn't check those leaderboards when you update your character.

On the opposite side - your M+ runs will be credited even if you're not updating your character.
    I think this is most likely the case, for the exact reason you mention at the bottom. Hopefully they grab the data at least a few times a day, or people with runs on the bottom of the boards run the risk of being missed.

Deleted
    Indeed, m+ is updated on wowprogress automatically on regular intervals, you do not need to update your own character. The only thing you DO update when you update your character is the amount of m+ runs statistic which doesn't update automatically but only when updating the character.

I think this is most likely the case, for the exact reason you mention at the bottom. Hopefully they grab the data at least a few times a day, or people with runs on the bottom of the boards run the risk of being missed.

It's definitely updating multiple times per day, at least (and possibly more than) once per hour.
    Last edited by mmocb2358cdeee; 2017-05-31 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    It's definitely updating multiple times per day, at least (and possibly more than) once per hour.
    I'm not sure of its schedule, but it's fairly inconsistent in general. I did a 17 and 18 last night then a quick 8 in a dungeon I had no M+ score for yet over 3 hours later. An hour after that, the 8 finally showed up and the 17/18 didn't show up until sometime this morning, at least 8+ hours later. The leaderboards did update within a few minutes each though. I'm not sure at all how often they're pulling the leaderboards and updating things, but it's pretty wonky right now.

WoWprogress definitely does not update it's leaderboard every hour. It probably takes 2-4 hours for Wowprogress' tracker to move through all of the leaderboards.

You obviously have to log out and get your run on the leaderboard before this timer starts. If it's a cross realm group you'll usually see it updated faster because the score will show up on multiple realms' leaderboards.