Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Because Blizzard have done nothing but repeatedly disappoint for years now?
    But if you expect to be disappointed, isn't that more of a confirmation then an actual disappointment?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    I am getting a bit tired of "fel" and "green stuff". I guess Argus is all about it, so no high expectations whatsoever.
    Same here.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    indeed, I always like going on journeys to new places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Expecting the same content as 7.2 minus the class stuff. So no, not excited st all.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-05-30 at 10:39 PM.

cant wait to do wq's and grind ap on argus (sarcastic)

davidbane123
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Expecting the same content as 7.3 minus the class stuff. So no, not excited st all.
    7.3 isn't out yet so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutorialblox View Post
    7.3 isn't out yet so...
    7.2, sorry.

I try very hard to avoid being hyped about anything in games that aren't already released to the public and getting good reviews by actual people instead of paid outlets. I've seen too many bait and switch advertising campaigns, too many failed releases, and Blizzard is the king of "managing player expectations".

Once I see what 7.3 has to offer, I might finally re-sub if it's good enough. So far I haven't seen anything in Legion to really keep my interest. There's too many other good games this year to waste time on WoW's time-gating, wallet-milking bullshit.

I don't see how 10 GBP a month counts as wallet-milking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mildly excited, if only because I have no idea what's in store.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Lets hope it have more content than the "biggest content patch" we had some time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I don't see how 10 GBP a month counts as wallet-milking.
    Then you haven't looked close enough. It's not that $15 a month is too expensive. It's that everything in WoW is bent around maintaining player subscriptions rather than towards making it a better game. All you have to do is look at how much time-gating is used, and how much you have to farm.
    But don't take my word for it. Play what you want. Believe what you want. Those are just my personal reasons for not being "hyped" about 7.3. I'll personally wait to see what level of fuckery Blizzard comes up with next before even considering WoW again. Quality speaks for itself.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-05-30 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutorialblox View Post
    I wanted to travel there since BC, BTW justrob says hello!
    If by Argus that includes interacting with Turalyon and Alleria and finding out what they have been up to, then yes, I'm alot more excited and geeked out about it then a grown man should be!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am really intrigued how they will make that place interesting.....

- - - Updated - - -

I am expecting this forum to declare it "the worst patch ever"..and then 8.1 and then 8.2 and then 8.3 etc...
    Ah, the good old days when 5.2 was "the worst patch ever!!!!!!!!!!!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Ah, the good old days when 5.2 was "the worst patch ever!!!!!!!!!!!".
    People actually said that? (Read: People, as in not Jaylock). Only thing about 5.2 I remember being disappointed in was the ending to the questline. (I wanted war, not peace).

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    People actually said that? (Read: People, as in not Jaylock). Only thing about 5.2 I remember being disappointed in was the ending to the questline. (I wanted war, not peace).
    Yep, people (not Jaylock!) said that for sure.

I especially remember the complaining going on in regards to those Zandalari rares on mainland Pandaria, the ones dropping tokens and even mounts. Apparently, the mounts being rare drops and PVP servers resulting in grief around those rares made 5.2 the WORST PATCH EVURR!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yep, people (not Jaylock!) said that for sure.

I especially remember the complaining going on in regards to those Zandalari rares on mainland Pandaria, the ones dropping tokens and even mounts. Apparently, the mounts being rare drops and PVP servers resulting in grief around those rares made 5.2 the WORST PATCH EVURR!
    Pretty sure the selfie patch is still the current holder of the "Worst patch EVAR!!!111!" title.

I just hope that it isn't GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Then you haven't looked close enough. It's not that $15 a month is too expensive. It's that everything in WoW is bent around maintaining player subscriptions rather than towards making it a better game. All you have to do is look at how much time-gating is used, and how much you have to farm.
    But don't take my word for it. Play what you want. Believe what you want. Those are just my personal reasons for not being "hyped" about 7.3. I'll personally wait to see what level of fuckery Blizzard comes up with next before even considering WoW again. Quality speaks for itself.
    Regardless, they're not milking anything as far as the subscription is concerned. Time gating exists in every kind of MMO. If you release everything in one go then people will grind all of the available content in one go and then cry about there not being anything to do. Time gating is a slow release form of content delivery. Nothing wrong with it, especially when there's so much to do apart from the 'time-gated' content.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Nah, I just posted in a thread where somebody said that Legion's AP "feature" is the worst ever. Worse than Selfie cam or voicechat (he pointed that out). Granted, that was about a thing introduced to WoW (like flying, LFR or LFG and not specifically a patch)
    Eh...AP in and of itself isn't necessarily bad. I think that having it be a tool for Blizzard to control progress and keep players invested, instead of being a tool for better gameplay, is pretty terrible. But it is still better than the selfie patch which didn't bring anything that anyone wanted. Nobody was happy with that patch, IIRC.

And as bad as integrated voice chat was, it was still an actual attempt to make the game better. Unlike other dead horses which we don't need to beat any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Regardless, they're not milking anything as far as the subscription is concerned. Time gating exists in every kind of MMO. If you release everything in one go then people will grind all of the available content in one go and then cry about there not being anything to do. Time gating is a slow release form of content delivery. Nothing wrong with it, especially when there's so much to do apart from the 'time-gated' content.
    That is such an absolute cop out. "That's how every MMO is so it's acceptable" is a bad argument. Just because every other game is doing something doesn't mean it's good.

As for the whole "People will do everything then complain": I STRONGLY disagree. There are plenty of good games that people play, enjoy, finish, and then move on without complaint. Then come back to when there's new DLC. If the content that gets released is high-quality, people will enjoy it then unsub until there's more. The only ones that complain about there being nothing to do are the ones who are literally addicted to wow.

Regardless: Who stands to gain the most from time-gating or delaying the release of content? Is the players with some kind of ambiguous and highly subjective concept of a more enjoyable experience when parts of the game are withheld? Or the company that LITERALLY makes more money in direct relation to how long it takes players to consume content?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-05-31 at 10:48 AM.