Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Believing that most cases don't have the kind of airflow that the HAF X is exactly what Cooler Master hopes you will continue believing.

Fact of the matter is? I have a HAF X, as well as a Fractal Design Define R4 and the R4 kicks the HAF X's ass in just about every function besides sheer size, and even given sheer size, the Fractal, a mid-tower, not a full tower, has MORE HDD cages. I mean, lol what?

I feel like Cooler Master has really fallen from where it was with the original Cosmos case. The Cosmos 2 was an absolute failure of a joke and the HAF series has aged horribly. Let's hope they took a textbook worth of lessons with this upcoming update.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    TYVM for that. Where did you dig that up if I may ask? I've spent about 10 hours monitoring Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and other sources for info last night. So the fans are 200mm, like I originally thought. I only started to assume they were 230mm since the front intake on the HAF X accomodates on no problem. While don't have specs on this new MasterCase 200mm fan, it's very easy to speculate on numbers. The old 200mm only spun at 700rpm, giving it just 110CFM. I'm going to hazard a guess and say all these new MasterCase Pro RGB fans are going to cap out at the same 1100rpm. Which is not unreasonable or noisy at all for a 200mm fan.

If they've made an improvement in blade design, along with any RPM increase over 700rpm, we should see 130-150CFM out of these fans. Which is inline with my previous speculation. Anyways, it's good to see other people excited about this. And not just posting completely made up nonsense. Like those front fans getting restricted by the intake design.....big open grille on left, right, top and bottom are going to more than sufficient for this. We can be certain Cooler Master did plenty of testing, spending tons of money, to ensure exactly that.

Anyone who thinks this case isn't going to have good airflow, based on just what we've seen so far, is deluding themselves. Sure, anything is possible and we've seen case manufactures make bad decisions when it comes to airflow in the past. The S340 Elite is one of them. The implementation of the tempered glass side panel on that case cut off half it's air intake, and it resulted in higher GPU temps in particular. Will this new HAF case perform 100% equal to the old one? Of course not, but that's mainly due to a lack of a side air intake blowing directly on the GPU. But those two 200mm fans will be providing a ton of air flow.

Upon seeing this graphic though, what I may personally do is move those two fans to the top as exhaust, and use triple 140mm as front intake. Only reason for that being is AiO temps perform better, without hurting system/GPU temps in any way, when mounted as front intake. So what I would likely do is mount triple MasterCase Pro RGB 140mm fans in the front, mount my AiO behind the top two of those, then mount an additional 2 EK Vardar static pressure fans on the inside of the rad in pull configure.

That push/pull into the main chamber, along with good exhaust from the x2 200mm and x1 140mm, should give me good GPU temps. And it leaves the bottom most 140mm intake fan to blow air into the PSU shroud, across any HDD cages, on it's own.
    We have a local website (Dutch) which also went to Computex and whatnot and are well known here.
    Since Cooler Master maintains a large Dutch presence they are well acquainted with each other so a little more info was shared.

This is the original article although it's only in Dutch so I don't know how much good it'll do you, nothing interesting in terms of more proper screenshots though.
    So I need a proper check-out before making a judgement on the case as I own the original HAF 932.

https://tweakers.net/nieuws/125275/c...zijkanten.html

It does look nice but in general I do very much dislike RGB and blinky lights crap, which is why I was drawn to the HAF in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Believing that most cases don't have the kind of airflow that the HAF X is exactly what Cooler Master hopes you will continue believing.

Fact of the matter is? I have a HAF X, as well as a Fractal Design Define R4 and the R4 kicks the HAF X's ass in just about every function besides sheer size, and even given sheer size, the Fractal, a mid-tower, not a full tower, has MORE HDD cages. I mean, lol what?

I feel like Cooler Master has really fallen from where it was with the original Cosmos case. The Cosmos 2 was an absolute failure of a joke and the HAF series has aged horribly. Let's hope they took a textbook worth of lessons with this upcoming update.
    That Fractal Design Define R4 will not beat my HAF 932 in cooling capacity, ever.
    HDD cage ... yeah true but only barely (1 HDD slot).

The HAF X was actually worse (slightly) than the HAF 932 in cooling capacity but you're kinda exaggerating bad aging of the case, it's aged very well actually as it's still among if not the best air cooling case present, cable management is also easier and it's size is yum.

Of course it's also a vacuum cleaner and loud, the case was not built for silence.

That said though what I do very much dislike from the HAF 932/X are the HDD brackets, the white rubber that holds the pins for HDDs to be fastened.. they dry up VERY quickly and break apart.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Agreed. That case could have a few mods that won't be in the end product. I'm still digging what I'm seeing so far though. In the technical drawing of cooling options you can see the same plexi areas. Like I said, I'm curious about the cable management room on the backside(as well as what that actually looks like) but I like the look and options we're seeing so far.

Closest we have to the backside, potentially good, but at the same time completely fking shrouded in secrecy.

Any case with a total mesh open front like that is going to look terrible over time unless you clean it on a near daily basis. Fractal got intakes down perfect, and everyone was right to copy them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, lol I've never seen a back that looked quite like that. It's very intruiguing to say the least. For my next case I've been looking at http://www.thermaltake.com/products-...?id=C_00003012 because it has similar space for radiators and looks like nice headroom for big thick bastards up top. This case has a pretty similar design and, for me, a lot of it will come down to how the cable management works. For both of them it appears that will be visible and I would hate to have a rats nest showing because I fail to get it exactly like their team(which can necessitate custom cables). I like how it all looks buttoned up on that side like under an engine though. And those massive 200mm fans on the front are insane.
    Watching that ThermalTake case makes me instantly want to kick the thing with my steel tipped work boots I still have.
    (I also have carbon fibre boots which are now made mandatory over the steel tipped ones, but the steel tipped ones have better impact for this!)

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    We have a local website (Dutch) which also went to Computex and whatnot and are well known here.
    Since Cooler Master maintains a large Dutch presence they are well acquainted with each other so a little more info was shared.

This is the original article although it's only in Dutch so I don't know how much good it'll do you, nothing interesting in terms of more proper screenshots though.
    So I need a proper check-out before making a judgement on the case as I own the original HAF 932.

https://tweakers.net/nieuws/125275/c...zijkanten.html

It does look nice but in general I do very much dislike RGB and blinky lights crap, which is why I was drawn to the HAF in the first place.

That Fractal Design Define R4 will not beat my HAF 932 in cooling capacity, ever.
    HDD cage ... yeah true but only barely (1 HDD slot).

The HAF X was actually worse (slightly) than the HAF 932 in cooling capacity but you're kinda exaggerating bad aging of the case, it's aged very well actually as it's still among if not the best air cooling case present, cable management is also easier and it's size is yum.

Of course it's also a vacuum cleaner and loud, the case was not built for silence.

That said though what I do very much dislike from the HAF 932/X are the HDD brackets, the white rubber that holds the pins for HDDs to be fastened.. they dry up VERY quickly and break apart.

Closest we have to the backside, potentially good, but at the same time completely fking shrouded in secrecy.
    Agreed. It's pretty funny to see people claim cases, even good cases like the Define R4, can beat the HAF 932 or HAF X in terms of cooling. I'd like to see someone else running a GTX 1070, with a clock speed over 2000Mhz, never break 58c with just a 50% fan curve on the GPU, in a 28-30c ambient room, in a case like the Define R4. It's down right laughable to think that case, with it's limited and tiny fans, is cooling better than my HAF X that has dedicated side air intake just for GPU.

Even my ancient Corsair A70, yes I said A70 as it's from when Corsair still made air cooler, doesn't crack 60c under gaming loads. All because my HAF X can move a ton of air. I did install the optional 2nd top 200mm exhaust fan on my HAF X, so that does help. With no fan mounted in 5 unused 5.25" drive slots on my case, the pull from the CPU cooler and various exhaust fans is enough that I can feel the air being sucked in those front grilles. Strong enough that a piece of paper will stick to it.

Yes a full mesh design, like the HAF X uses, builds up dust quickly. But I do wipe it down almost every do. Although it absolutely does not require it. My case has to sit on my left in my current set up, so the side air intake can't easily be reached as it faces the wall. Has a good 6" of clearance to airflow isn't a problem. But that means I'm not cleaning that side intake as often as I as I clean the front intake. And even then my temps don't ever go up, so long as I'm not going a full month between cleanings or something like that. And that's living in a dusty desert with two cats.

Thank you very much for the pictures. Maybe the mention it in the article, which I haven't tried to translate yet, but I'm guessing that big Cooler Master panel on the back isn't intended for secrecy. My guess is this may be using tempered glass on both sides, and that half panel is there to help hide your cable routing and drive cages. Very awesome to see those 200mm fans will in fact be RGB though.

Edit:

Your Dutch article links to a Guru3D article which lists an intended launch price of 149 Euros, which is $169 US, for the H500P. Sadly it sounds like it's going to be a few months until this case releases, so what we see, and the pricing may change. That article also does confirm that rear panel is just to hide your cable management as the rear panel will be transparent. Not necessarily tempered glass though.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/com...-da-house.html
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2017-05-30 at 11:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much for the pictures. Maybe the mention it in the article, which I haven't tried to translate yet, but I'm guessing that big Cooler Master panel on the back isn't intended for secrecy. My guess is this may be using tempered glass on both sides, and that half panel is there to help hide your cable routing and drive cages. Very awesome to see those 200mm fans will in fact be RGB though.
    No worries, I didn't mean secrecy as in Cooler Master trying to hide it from us but secrecy as in we don't have shit to work with.

We have some superficial shots and data but no detailed looks and specs, that I need/want.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    You can call my post laughable all you want, but the difference hasn't been all that big, from when I switched from the HAF X to the R4... and shit, you wipe it down how often?! How about never wiping it down and it still being cleaner? I got fucking spiders living in my HAF X computer, just hilarious. There's no spiders in the Fractal.

Not to mention, I'd bet on the Fractal surviving a fall better than a HAF, should such a terrible thing happen.

Honestly? The HAF series is just old and I'm amazed anyone is still hyping over it. I have regretted my HAF X purchase almost since the day I made it.
    "A flower.

Well, from what I can see, you have 2 drives(be they HDD or SSD) covered back there as well as the backplate of the CPU block. The cover on the left is likely to hide all the other cabling for things like the case buttons on top, the fans, and the LC pump. I'm just wondering if those things will come with the case or not as I'm expecting glass on all but 2 sides(the back and the bottom).
    I would figure there is at least one x2 HDD/SSD combo cage behind that cover too. A mix of four 3.5" or 2.5" drives, of the users choice, is plenty IMO. I'll have an M2, an SSD and 3 HDDs. I can't imagine needing more than that these days, and if people do, it's time to migrate to larger capacity drives. Depending on final cost I may be doing that myself, taking two sub 1TB drives I'm using and getting a cheap 4TB drive to replace them both. That would cut my drive cage/mount needs down to 3.

That rear shroud looks like it will also help serve to direct airflow across the back of the MOBO tray. An issue other people here have been throwing a fit over this case having a lack of when we had zero information on the rear panel at the time.

You can call my post laughable all you want, but the difference hasn't been all that big, from when I switched from the HAF X to the R4... and shit, you wipe it down how often?! How about never wiping it down and it still being cleaner? I got fucking spiders living in my HAF X computer, just hilarious. There's no spiders in the Fractal.

Not to mention, I'd bet on the Fractal surviving a fall better than a HAF, should such a terrible thing happen.

Honestly? The HAF series is just old and I'm amazed anyone is still hyping over it. I have regretted my HAF X purchase almost since the day I made it.
    Then STFU and go post your lies and hate some place else. This is a thread for people excited about the new case, not people who want to make false claims about things they clearly know nothing about. Not one thing you have said about the HAF cases has been true. You have spiders in your HAF X? What panel did you leave off to allow that to happen? None of the filters are large enough to let spiders in.

Your R4 does not cool as good or better and it does not do it without ever needing to be cleaned off. If dusting isn't getting caught on the grille or filter, it means either the airflow is too weak to build it up in the first place or the grille/filter is so big it's letting it through. Having to clean the HAF X so much comes more from the amount of air that it moves. If I reduced its airflow, it wouldn't build dust up as quickly. I also live in an extremely dusty environment, which is not the fault of the case.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then STFU and go post your lies and hate some place else. This is a thread for people excited about the new case, not people who want to make false claims about things they clearly know nothing about. Not one thing you have said about the HAF cases has been true. You have spiders in your HAF X? What panel did you leave off to allow that to happen? None of the filters are large enough to let spiders in.

Your R4 does not cool as good or better and it does not do it without ever needing to be cleaned off. If dusting isn't getting caught on the grille or filter, it means either the airflow is too weak to build it up in the first place or the grille/filter is so big it's letting it through. Having to clean the HAF X so much comes more from the amount of air that it moves. If I reduced its airflow, it wouldn't build dust up as quickly. I also live in an extremely dusty environment, which is not the fault of the case.
    Oi man... calm down.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no need to get hairy on them.

Let's keep this calm and collected for all parties involved, disagreements are fine but post on them with actual argumentation and reasoning.
    We already have enough people on this forum that are prime fanboys ready to claw other people's eyes out.

Components run so cool nowadays i think silence done well is where its at. H440 is apparently one of the hottest running cases on the market, but my 1060 never goes above 68c. You can put your ear to my PC and not hear anything full load at 165hz, pretty awesome considering how hot stuff was not that long ago.

More power to people who like the HAF series stuff, i just dont want this kind of look on my PC:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQpxqkTvPH4#t=1m22s

10+ Year Old Account
    I would figure there is at least one x2 HDD/SSD combo cage behind that cover too. A mix of four 3.5" or 2.5" drives, of the users choice, is plenty IMO. I'll have an M2, an SSD and 3 HDDs. I can't imagine needing more than that these days, and if people do, it's time to migrate to larger capacity drives. Depending on final cost I may be doing that myself, taking two sub 1TB drives I'm using and getting a cheap 4TB drive to replace them both. That would cut my drive cage/mount needs down to 3.

That rear shroud looks like it will also help serve to direct airflow across the back of the MOBO tray. An issue other people here have been throwing a fit over this case having a lack of when we had zero information on the rear panel at the time.

Going to give you the benefit of the doubt and let you off on this one, and hope you take @Evildeffy's comment to heart.

A. I did post some truths about this case, probably more than you obviously want to admit.
    B. I didn't leave any panel off, you obviously must think spiders are always the size of tarantulas. Go look up "common house spiders" typically found in the Midwestern United States. They are easily small enough to climb in the big holes this case employs that you've obviously forgotten about, do you need me to post pictures of said holes and spiders? I'd hate to make you feel stupid after such a post as the one I and Evil have quoted.
    C. Maybe I live in a cleaner house than yours? The dust here is negligible. The dust filters get a few bits of dust, but nothing to write home about. One would think you, living in such a dusty area, would want a case from a company that actually understands dust exists, not one that's so blinded in regards to it that they leave it off almost every fan mount.
    D. Coming full circle back to earlier in your post... you make a statement about how I "clearly know nothing about" this case... far from that! I've had a HAF X which I used predominantly for many many YEARS. I rebuilt in it, I still use it for my second computer, mainly for purposes of Folding@Home, need to get that back up and running, given how little I've been gaming lately, and it also hosted a couple game servers for a couple years for some local friends and colleagues.

So... chill out, buddy.
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2017-05-31 at 12:39 AM.
    "A flower.

Going to give you the benefit of the doubt and let you off on this one, and hope you take @Evildeffy's comment to heart.

A. I did post some truths about this case, probably more than you obviously want to admit.
    B. I didn't leave any panel off, you obviously must think spiders are always the size of tarantulas. Go look up "common house spiders" typically found in the Midwestern United States. They are easily small enough to climb in the big holes this case employs that you've obviously forgotten about, do you need me to post pictures of said holes and spiders? I'd hate to make you feel stupid after such a post as the one I and Evil have quoted.
    C. Maybe I live in a cleaner house than yours? The dust here is negligible. The dust filters get a few bits of dust, but nothing to write home about. One would think you, living in such a dusty area, would want a case from a company that actually understands dust exists, not one that's so blinded in regards to it that they leave it off almost every fan mount.
    D. Coming full circle back to earlier in your post... you make a statement about how I "clearly know nothing about" this case... far from that! I've had a HAF X which I used predominantly for many many YEARS. I rebuilt in it, I still use it for my second computer, mainly for purposes of Folding@Home, need to get that back up and running, given how little I've been gaming lately, and it also hosted a couple game servers for a couple years for some local friends and colleagues.

So... chill out, buddy.
    No, I don't ever take kindly to people spreading lies like you obviously are. The HAF X has a fine mesh filter covering every vent, intake and exhaust on the case, with the exception of the rear fan. Which is true for 99.999999% of rear fans on cases. The front intake, the side intake, the top exhaust, even then the covers on the unused 5.25" drive bays. All of them have a fine mesh filter on them that no common house spider is going to get through. The only weak point is the rear exhaust fan, but that's a weak point on all cases, including the precious Define R4. Which makes the entire claim of "spiders in the HAF" case complete bullshit. Because there was nothing about the case design, compared to the design of the Define R4, that allowed spiders into the HAF X case.

The rear fan on the HAF X uses a honeycomb grille type finger guard that is nearly identical to what the Define R4 uses. Which means it's no more prone to spiders. Thus, again, proving the claim to be pure bullshit.

As for the dust, I live in a very clean house. But if you knew how to read you would know I live in a very dusty environment. I live in the desert. The dust level where I live is "HIGH" 24/7. On top of that I have two cats, one of which unfortunately sheds like crazy. Also, due to the room where my computer is running warm, I have 4 different fans going, a ceiling fan, a box fan, a pedestal fan and a clip on desk fan. That adds to the dust blowing around the room as well. I have to brush my mouse pad off on a daily basis too, are you going to tell me the mesh filter on my mousepad is poorly design because it picks up dust?

Which brings me to my last point, picking up dust is exactly what filters and grilles are supposed to do. Having to clean one off every day just means it's doing it's job. Not needed to clean it off does not mean it's doing it's job better. You either in a less dusty environment, or the filter is failing to do it's job and dust is getting past it. So no, I'm not going to chill out until people stop coming into my thread and posting blatantly false information. There was no design flaw of the HAF X that allowed a spider to get in that, does not also exist on the Define R4. Either you left a panel off or it got in via the rear exhaust fan.

Do the world of favor and stop posting here. Or if you want to keep posting here, start posting the truth. Don't like the HAF series? That's fine to, go make your own thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't ever take kindly to people spreading lies like you obviously are. The HAF X has a fine mesh filter covering every vent, intake and exhaust on the case, with the exception of the rear fan. Which is true for 99.999999% of rear fans on cases. The front intake, the side intake, the top exhaust, even then the covers on the unused 5.25" drive bays. All of them have a fine mesh filter on them that no common house spider is going to get through. The only weak point is the rear exhaust fan, but that's a weak point on all cases, including the precious Define R4. Which makes the entire claim of "spiders in the HAF" case complete bullshit. Because there was nothing about the case design, compared to the design of the Define R4, that allowed spiders into the HAF X case.

The rear fan on the HAF X uses a honeycomb grille type finger guard that is nearly identical to what the Define R4 uses. Which means it's no more prone to spiders. Thus, again, proving the claim to be pure bullshit.

As for the dust, I live in a very clean house. But if you knew how to read you would know I live in a very dusty environment. I live in the desert. The dust level where I live is "HIGH" 24/7. On top of that I have two cats, one of which unfortunately sheds like crazy. Also, due to the room where my computer is running warm, I have 4 different fans going, a ceiling fan, a box fan, a pedestal fan and a clip on desk fan. That adds to the dust blowing around the room as well. I have to brush my mouse pad off on a daily basis too, are you going to tell me the mesh filter on my mousepad is poorly design because it picks up dust?

Which brings me to my last point, picking up dust is exactly what filters and grilles are supposed to do. Having to clean one off every day just means it's doing it's job. Not needed to clean it off does not mean it's doing it's job better. You either in a less dusty environment, or the filter is failing to do it's job and dust is getting past it. So no, I'm not going to chill out until people stop coming into my thread and posting blatantly false information. There was no design flaw of the HAF X that allowed a spider to get in that, does not also exist on the Define R4. Either you left a panel off or it got in via the rear exhaust fan.

Do the world of favor and stop posting here. Or if you want to keep posting here, start posting the truth. Don't like the HAF series? That's fine to, go make your own thread.
    You don't own this thread, pal. This website isn't yours, therefore this thread is not yours. You may have started it, sure, but that does not make you the sole owner. MMO-Champion owns it, not you. Ever notice how you can't delete a thread you started? You don't own it. You can request to have it deleted, and then it is up to the discretion of the moderator community on this website, but again, that isn't you. So, nice try pulling the "my thread" card, but I've been around here much much longer than you, obviously, and can assure you, that card is a great joke.

Also, have some pictures of humongous holes on the HAF X that do not have any filtering behind them, basically they go straight into the case... And no, the Fractal isn't completely devoid of these, but it certainly has far fewer, and more ample covering options to keep this from happening.

Those silly water hose holes:

From the back:

From the front:

Here's a spider in my basement that I literally just took a terrible picture of, because focusing on it is rather tough with the phone, no use wasting my DSLR with macro lens on you, it's body is barely bigger than a millimeter, since you can't seem to comprehend the idea of tiny spiders...
    "A flower.

--
    Yes, this is my thread posted for people who are excited about the new case. Feel free to leave at any time. And no you have not been here longer than I have, it's called having different account. I made the mistake of registering my first account here, nearly 8 years ago, using the same email as my WoW account and with a username the same as my ingame main character. That led to harassment, both to my email and in game. So I made a new account where none of the info could be associated with my wow account or characters. So not that it's any of your business, but I've been on this site since July 14th of 2009.

Not that you being on the site longer, which you haven't, give you some sort of authority over me. This is still my thread that you've hijacked for your bullshit. Don't like the case, stop posting here and go make your own thread.

You also want to keep harping on these stupid spiders, yet claim you live in a clean house or that you properly maintain your system. Anyone with half a brain opens their system once a month and cleans it out. No amount/type of dust filters are perfect, and any good/smart owner is taking a can of compressed air to their system every 30 days. Good and smart apparently don't apply to you, if you're letting spiders nest in your system.

And the fact remains the same, the Define R4 is no less spider prone. Those spiders can just as easily climb in through the rear fan on your Define R4. So, again, stop, spreading, lies.

Back on topic here, found a couple more shots of the case. Can't really see much that we haven't already seen, but one of them is of the left side with the side panel on and the other is a larger shot of the exposed right panel. Both of these come from a Kitguru article. When you load the article you can briefly see the thumbnails for all the different photos, then they disappear after a second when the page fully loads. I pulled them out of the source info for the page since they just hid them instead of deleting them.

Sort of curious what that panel is covering up the rear of the CPU bracket. If it's just for looks, just to hide the back of the motherboard tray, why not make that panel that's to the left an upside down "L" so it's one uniform piece. Like you do all of your cabling, then you can install that one large panel to hide everything to make it look pretty behind the clear side panel that covers everything up. Leaving just those two drive mounts and the side of the PSU exposed.

Edit:

One last picture I want to upload. It's obvious this case supports front radiator mounts independent of the fans that are being mounted to the front. Or maybe I shouldn't say obvious because I did not think of this at first. But this case on display is using dual 200mm front intake fans, but has two of the new MasterLiquid-Maker 240 kits set up in a custom loop. With one 240 rad on the front and one on the top, both in push/pull.

The front rad has two 240mm fans on the inside pulling air through the rad, but still has the two 200mm fans out front pushing air into the case. I personally think this is awesome from a looks standpoint, as it will allow me to run quad 200mm fans, two front intake and two top exhaust. With my 280mm rad still mounted as front intake but with some good static pressure EK Vardar fans on the inside pulling air through the radiator. Which means the rad will obstruct little to no airflow from those low static pressure 200mm front fans. Since the Vardar fans will be on the other side to pull it through.

If they offer that MasterLiquid-Maker series in 280mm, I may even consider it over the AiO I was planning on getting.

User was infracted.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2017-06-04 at 02:09 AM.

I'm digging the revamp. Tons of cooling options and it looks like a dream to work inside. If the cable management is decent it's nearly perfect .
    Pretty standard for a larger case. Only 2x200mm option at the top somewhat stands out. Keep in mind that this case is going to be over $150 for sure, maybe over $200. I really hoped for 3x200mm in the front though.

- - - Updated - - -

So... chill out, buddy.
    Dont sweat it, the dude works for CM or is a huge fanboy. No use to reason with him.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Pretty standard for a larger case. Only 2x200mm option at the top somewhat stands out. Keep in mind that this case is going to be over $150 for sure, maybe over $200. I really hoped for 3x200mm in the front though.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont sweat it, the dude works for CM or is a huge fanboy. No use to reason with him.
    Stop, posting, lies. I do not work for CM. I am just really excited about this case and have zero patience for liars and haters. GTFO of this thread, both of you. You also need to learn to read, already provided multiple sources who have quoted the launch price of this case will be $169 US. It will include x2 200mm fans in front and x1 x140mm rear exhaust fans as stock, that's per Guru3D and one other source for the number of fans. As that's likely based what they were told, and not official press releases, the number of fans may change, but the release price has been consistent across all sources who have quoted CM. I've linked several of them in this thread.

$169 for a case this size is actually below what I figured it would be, and it's right in line with their MasterCase Pro 6. Which is smaller and has less features, specifically no RGB lighting. To fully flesh out this case with the vertical GPU bracket, as that will likely be an additional purchase like it is with all MasterCase series cases, and maximum RGB fans, the total purchase will likely be just at or below $250 US.

Which is very fair for a case of this size and performance. Their RGB implementation is the least expensive on the market, and is the only one to not require a proprietary controller and software, so long as you have one of the dozens of RGB motherboards on the market. The lack of more room for fans at the top is possibly due to a hidden 5.25" drive bay that's tucked up there somewhere. I've only seen it mentioned in articles from non English tech publications, and Google Translate only goes so far. But I've seen it mentioned twice now.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2017-05-31 at 10:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    How about if everyone chills out a bit? Try keeping it on topic. Discuss the product, pros and cons, and even alternatives (so long as you don't monopolize the thread with other products).

GTFO of this thread, both of you.
    Yeah, let's not go there. You don't have ownership of this thread. Don't tell people where they are or are not allowed to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    How about if everyone chills out a bit? Try keeping it on topic. Discuss the product, pros and cons, and even alternatives (so long as you don't monopolize the thread with other products).

Yeah, let's not go there. You don't have ownership of this thread. Don't tell people where they are or are not allowed to post.
    Sure, just as soon as they leave me the hell alone. If they want to post off topic lies, they need to make their own thread. Please let them know that. This thread is to discuss the new case, not to attack me or post false information. Despite their constant attacks I've still taken the time to post the correct and helpful information in reply to their hateful attacks on me. Focus on them, they're the problem here, not me.

Edit:

Back on topic. Per @CoolerMasterUSA on Twitter, new HAF case will be available in October starting at just $139.99 in the US!
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2017-06-01 at 12:08 AM.

I remember back when I decided to stop playing games in internet cafes and wanted to build my own gaming rig back in 2009 (or 2010, can't exactly remember), the first thing I did was choosing the HAF X since it was pretty much all over the place and, frankly, I liked how badass it looked. After that, I asked people in these forums what motherboard and other parts to pick, and I remember Deltrus, Tetisgoat and other guys helping me pick the best hardware for my needs. Awesome people.

As much as I loved the HAF X, the case was simply too heavy, a little tough to clean in some areas (I remember the latches on top of the case giving me a hard time whenever I want to take the top part to clean or screw in a radiator), and the motherboard cut out was a bit too small, so I had to remove the motherboard when I had to replace the cooler for whatever reason. But still, I kept using it because, despite all the flaws, I absolutely loved it.

I'm very happy that Cooler Master released a new HAF, and I absolutely love the design. But will I be buying it? Probably not, but this series has a special place in my heart and will be recommending it to the people that still like this kind of design.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    I remember back when I decided to stop playing games in internet cafes and wanted to build my own gaming rig back in 2009 (or 2010, can't exactly remember), the first thing I did was choosing the HAF X since it was pretty much all over the place and, frankly, I liked how badass it looked. After that, I asked people in these forums what motherboard and other parts to pick, and I remember Deltrus, Tetisgoat and other guys helping me pick the best hardware for my needs. Awesome people.

As much as I loved the HAF X, the case was simply too heavy, a little tough to clean in some areas (I remember the latches on top of the case giving me a hard time whenever I want to take the top part to clean or screw in a radiator), and the motherboard cut out was a bit too small, so I had to remove the motherboard when I had to replace the cooler for whatever reason. But still, I kept using it because, despite all the flaws, I absolutely loved it.

I'm very happy that Cooler Master released a new HAF, and I absolutely love the design. But will I be buying it? Probably not, but this series has a special place in my heart and will be recommending it to the people that still like this kind of design.
    Awww. <3 Glad to be remembered for helping out! And back then I can only imagine how @tetrisGOAT and I were behaving towards each other. It's amazing to come full circle. <3 Glad we could help out! Hope to help out again in the future!
    "A flower.