Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I hear mythic guilds are gonna ask for the class mount to be able to assist the raids. Gear, experience and asistance are not so important they say...

I dont like pvp. I dont need pvp to raid. I dont do pvp.
    I dont like to farm mogs in old raids. I dont need them to raid. I dont do old raids.
    You dont like the class mount chain. You dont need that mount to raid. You dont have to complete it. Enjoy what you like. Whine about what you hate, but dont spend your time doing something you dont like AND dont need for raiding if raiding is your objective.

Yeh, its pretty shit in terms of content.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My question is, once this is finished and ToS opens up, what is there to do questing wise that isnt daily quests? Feels like the story around ToS was used up before it even was released. I know Suramar didnt have much after NH opened, but that whole story arc was so well done that the only possible thing left to do was to go in and kill Elisande/Guldan. With ToS its been "hey, we opened up the doorway, but we werent prepared enough (Illidan didnt give his "you are not prepared" speech to khadgar apparently), guess we'll wait around until we arbitrarily feel ready.

We're gonna be waiting around without any "world building" things to do until the Argus pre-patch quests come in and who knows how long that will be (I assume the PTR will be up for 7.3 within a month after ToS opens)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really really shitty but in the end I think about this chain as something mandatory if I want to unlock the class mount chain quest, nothing else.
    The entire broken shore zone is a joke, the campaign is one of the worst ever done but hey, most of the mount I want for my alts are pretty badass so I HAVE to do it. I feel like they missed a big opportunity doing things in this shitty way..
    I noticed that doing this chain now is somehow better because I don't have to wait 1 fucking week for a stupid quest which usually is completed in 5-10 min. I did that with my druid, waiting every week for a new quest (not reading anything on forums because hey, who likes the spoilers...but what spoilers now that I know lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You could just...

not do the quest chain.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you kidding me?

Did you forget what the timeless isle's "story" was? It was LITERALLY "collect 20 rocks a week, then get 35 seconds of an arcane, wordless cutscene for your effort."

And people complain about the Legionfall rep being a pain to grind... did you grind emperor Shahao rep? The one where you do NOTHING but kill a billion yak men over and over and over again?

You can dislike Legionfall, but don't complain like the timeless isle was some godsend of content. That place grew old very fast. Legionfall is as close to objectively better than Timeless isle as you can get. Bigger, more diverse, more well laid-out, more quests, and less tedious by far.
    I found Timeless Isle didn't get old at all for me. Timeless Isle was a godsend for alts, whilst Broken Shore is ok for alts it doesn't matter because alts are fucked by every other system in the game regardless, doing the World Bosses was something to do, getting all the toys, achievements, pets was something to do, Huolon was something to do. Grinding Shaohao for a mount, pet, toys was something you can do.

World PvP for mount/fun was something you could do.

Timeless Isle was much better than Broken Shore.

There is no Legionfall Campaign. There's just an 11 week barrier assignment to unlock the class mount quest. The class mount is the only reason to bother with these quests.

To me, that makes it a worthy assignment, but I am a mount collector and lorehound. If you are not, you really shouldn't bother with these weekly quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Yeah, but each step is just like, y'know, "go over here and kill 10 things," "go over there and loot 10 things," "fly over here and spam AoE on some imps."

None of the additional steps are time-locked. You can probably knock it out in a day per character, apart from the mission table stuff this week.
    So... you're saying it's okay I do pointless, menial tasks on 11 more character because Blizzard wanted to give us menial tasks to do each week instead of something cool?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Next time, instead of complaining, I suggest putting your money where your mouth is and unsubbing. When you do write a detailed reason.

More people need to speak with their wallets instead of complaining in an echo chamber.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The same thing I say to every person bitching about this 11 week questline.

Blizzard could have literally just waited until June when ToS was ready to drop the entire of 7.2 at once. People would've bitched that there was "WAHHH NO CONTENT RELEASE SOMETHING NOW!!"

Blizzard releases 7.2 early and gives us an 11 week questline (albeit rather small/uninteresting), all of the Broken Shore, new dungeon, new Traits etc and releases ToS when it was going to come out anyway.

People still complain.

It seems either way they went people would have complained, so what difference does it fucking matter.

I expected something like the suramar questline. It's pathetic illidan is right there and they can't even write him any lines. Idc if they are voiced I'll read them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    I found Timeless Isle didn't get old at all for me. Timeless Isle was a godsend for alts, whilst Broken Shore is ok for alts it doesn't matter because alts are fucked by every other system in the game regardless, doing the World Bosses was something to do, getting all the toys, achievements, pets was something to do, Huolon was something to do. Grinding Shaohao for a mount, pet, toys was something you can do.
    Hey look, another person spouting the "ALTS ARE HARD IN LEGION!" bullshit.

Considering my Frost DK is a month old and is already raiding Heroic NH and starts Mythic next week, has concordance AND nearly 900 ilvl. I'd say any one complaining about Alts being hard is either extremely lazy or is just parroting the stupid shit they hear other morons say.

Alts are easier to have in Legion right now than pretty much 90% of WoW's 12year time period.

my only issue with the patch was that the time gated part has 0 story in it but aside from that time gate is not bad its a plus as it stretches the content out. I'd also like more incentive on shit to spend with shards as a Heroic players.. I dont like when Blizzard designs content for alts because I and many others dont play one. Its fine to have catchup mechanics but the ilvl should be high enough to give me something extra to do in the new zone if I choose too. The dungeon being ilvl 865 was also a huge let down. It should have been like 900 gear with some challenge like kara or sunwell dung that lasted players a long time and gave us something to do inbetween raids. Mythic+ does not replace this. I did the dungeon once and never returned because I don't need too..

The only issue with 7.2 is that it's boring as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post

Considering my Frost DK is a month old and is already raiding Heroic NH and starts Mythic next week, has concordance AND nearly 900 ilvl. I'd say any one complaining about Alts being hard is either extremely lazy or is just parroting the stupid shit they hear other morons say.

Alts are easier to have in Legion right now than pretty much 90% of WoW's 12year time period.
    If you managed to get a fresh toon to ilvl 900 AND get the paragon point you obviously play more than most wow players do.

Alts may be easier than they were at the start of Legion, but Legiondary nonsense makes alts a bitch because no matter how good a player is, if they don't have 2 good legendaries they won't compete with the players that do.

OT: Legionfail campaign wasn't on PTR for a reason, blizz knew it was bad and they released it anyway which says a lot about where the devs heads are at this point. People QQ'd about content in MoP so they tried to make it "faster" in WoD, well that backfired and now people say they want content as fast as possible, which is backfiring yet again with lackluster content.

If blizz honestly let's the Legionfall campaign be required for alts they are gonna hear it from the community. Sure make the crap required for 1 character, make it an account-wide achievement and then every alt can do the class mount quests. Blizz originally said that the class mounts were a reward for completing the Legionfail campaign like the manasaber with the insurrection one. BUT the reward was account wide and the questline wasn't trash, so who knows how it'll all end up.

I didn't mind the quests. I didn't like them, but I didn't mind them. Got loot.

If they went back to the story driven quests in the Insurrection questline in 7.1 that would be fine. I enjoyed those. Maybe tie it to Exalted with Legionfall, since we don't really have a reward for Exalted at the moment.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

It's not hard, it's just not fun. Fuck doing Suramar again too. Not to mention it feels like a complete waste of time doing it before mains hit AK40.

I can hardly stand levelling in Legion. Even WoD had decent levelling. Actually that was probably the only thing WoD had going for it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    Patch 7.2: It could have been a lot worse.
    Lol Well it could have been even worse than what we have now..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    If you managed to get a fresh toon to ilvl 900 AND get the paragon point you obviously play more than most wow players do.
    He's got like.. 3 days /played at 110? over a Month. Hardly a lot of time put in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    It's not hard, it's just not fun. Fuck doing Suramar again too. Not to mention it feels like a complete waste of time doing it before mains hit AK40.

I can hardly stand levelling in Legion. Even WoD had decent levelling. Actually that was probably the only thing WoD had going for it.
    I've done suramar on 1 character? what exactly do you need it for on Alts? Legion Quest zones are much funner than WoDs to me so meh, each to their own.

He's got like.. 3 days /played at 110? over a Month. Hardly a lot of time put in.

- - - Updated - - -

I've done suramar on 1 character? what exactly do you need it for on Alts? Legion Quest zones are much funner than WoDs to me so meh, each to their own.
    Need that trillion artifact power!

I think the worst part of the campaign is that it doesn't even involve any story progression. It feels like a series of placeholder quests that they planned on either replacing completely or at least interspersing with proper bits of narrative like we saw in the Nightfallen campaign. I really think they made a big mistake with the time gating in 7.2. While I strongly dislike drip feeding finished content in general, doing it with content that still feels like it's in a beta state leaves an incredibly sour taste. The Legionfall campaign is one of those rare cases when I think I would've actually rather had nothing.

If all of the 7.2 content had been available on launch, or at least within the first few weeks, I'm sure it would've felt like a very solid major content patch. Unfortunately the devs chose to spread it as thin as they possibly could instead, resulting in a consistently underwhelming experience from start to finish. Hopefully they learn from this, but the cynic in me says that current Blizzard favours player retention mechanics over gameplay quality, and I worry that this kind of content gating is working in keeping people logging in for longer.