Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Distasteful, but mostly just dumb.

Not like this is going to inspire anything actually bad happening. Anyone psychotic enough to actually consider something like this already has the idea from a million other sources. And she's obviously not actually advocating doing this, or supporting those who do, so who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    For fucks sake. This was idiotic on a colossal scale. I hate Trump, I really do. That doesn't mean stunts like this are ok with me. Oh and I know people have done similar stunts or wanting Obama to die so that is a thing. Both acts are stupid
    But the current climate of "Doing the very things that I complained" means this is perfectly fine now.

Which means all the Obama effigies were fine. And whoever gets to be the next effigy will be perfectly fine.

Good thing we have 400 eyes so we can keep poking them out in retribution.

7+ Year Old Account
    A d-list nobody who is ugly as my last bowel movement (and who has to kiss Anderson Cooper's backside to get on a program someone, somewhere might watch) does something provocative to get attention? The hell you say.

She's desperate for attention, and the alt-reich gave her exactly what she wanted. Well, Trump did prove his Trumpists are easily manipulated.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    No, I got your point. I'm countering with my own: I've never bought into the concept of rising above the dirty tactics of your opponent. If they go low and get away with it, then go just as low and beat them at their own game.
    Well I guess your statement does prove how Republican consistently lose general elections and yet still get into office. So you got me there.

You embrace your hypocrisy, gurlfriend. Embrace it loud and proud!

Deleted
    Similar things have happened before. But don't let me get in the way of a good old outrage and self victimization. It's the American way after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Remember the fired rodeo clown?
    I do. They removed him from his lofty position as rodeo clown and made him do some sensitivity training, iirc.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Seems like worse already happened with Obama, considering they decided to bring up the past of this country and the way white supremacists killed black americans from the time of slavery through to the 60s.

The difference being, those were done by randoms without much media attention and were piece of shit people anyway, whilst Kathy Griffin is a "celebrity" reaching a huge public audience with it and basically has many people cheering it on. So basically you could compare her to the KKK now very easily.

Either way a gigantic "meh" for either times it has happened. Since it is usually pointless anyway.

That "tolerance" though
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-05-31 at 01:50 AM.

Yeah, and they got away with it. Don't like the taste of that medicine now, do you lefties?
    I see the issue with the advertiser boycott as a symptom of many companies becoming SJW converged. You likely won't see an effective backlash in this case because there isn't an organized ideological movement that has spent years infiltrating power structures that represents the people who find this type of thing offensive.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Well I guess your statement does prove how Republican consistently lose general elections and yet still get into office. So you got me there.

You embrace your hypocrisy, gurlfriend. Embrace it loud and proud!
    Whatever it takes to win. I'd rather play dirty and win then be a whiny, self-righteous loser. Like the Democrats.

lol @ kathy griffin being a well known celebrity

she's only known for making a gay guy blush on new years eve, they literally don't know anything else about her
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    But the current climate of "Doing the very things that I complained" means this is perfectly fine now.

Which means all the Obama effigies were fine. And whoever gets to be the next effigy will be perfectly fine.

Good thing we have 400 eyes so we can keep poking them out in retribution.
    I don't know what you're trying to say but I doubt the more liberal side of things really are ok with this. Weather Kathy wanted a response to this doesn't really matter It's stupid and anyone is right to be upset about it. Doesn't mean only one side ever has acted like crap in the last 10 years.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Whatever it takes to win. I'd rather play dirty and win then be a whiny, self-righteous loser. Like the Democrats.
    And this is why our country is sad nowadays. Where the idea of beating the other side takes precedent over fairness and the idea of a united people.

And people really wonder why the country is more divided than ever? lol.

Why would anyone care?

I don't think I can put myself into the mindset that gets worked up about nonsense like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    she has every right to make her self look like an ass i dont support trump but this was highly distasteful but looking at who its coming from im not surprised
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Seems like worse already happened with Obama, considering they decided to bring up the past of this country and the way white supremacists killed black americans from the time of slavery through to the 60s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The difference being, those were done by randoms without much media attention, whilst Kathy Griffin is a "celebrity" reaching a huge public audience with it and basically has many people cheering it on.

Either way a gigantic "meh"for either times it has happened. Since it is usually pointless anyway.
    It is pretty absurd that she has already apologized for this, considering that she did a professional photo shoot and posted the picture on TMZ, it isn't like she didn't think people were going to see this.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Issues involving rubber heads are fucking stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    lol @ kathy griffin being a well known celebrity

she's only known for making a gay guy blush on new years eve, they literally don't know anything else about her
    She was relatively well known during the early 90's on TV. but apart from that. Pretty much well.

Its not whataboutism when its literally the same type of action by the same group, now outraged at the action happening, in the same country, 8 years later.

That's called just hypocrisy, brosephiroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Its not whataboutism when its literally the same type of action by the same group, now outraged, at the action happening, in the same country, 8 years later.
    So exactly whataboutism? Also to say it's the same group outraged is a bit of a lolworthy statement.