Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Why the fuck would you, as a man, even get married then. Completely and utterly retarded.
    Because they found the one person that they wanted to raise kids with and have a house and pay bills and depend that wasn't necessarily their best partner sexually? Have you never dated somebody who was utterly shit in bed but was your perfect match in literally everything else and made you a better person? I mean I personally wouldn't be okay with this and I'd just accept that some things in life are more important than good sex but still... if you can't see why he got married then I dunno fam. You don't get married because you want to fuck that person for the rest of your life. If that's the case I would have been married already... but I'm not because if we had gotten married we'd both be a mess and in shambles. But we'd fuck each other REALLY good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I don't think u know what Polyamory is and I take it u didn't read the OP.

If both sides agree then it isn't cheating.
    I don't think you know what a joke is.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    So cheating is an alternative to cheating? This won't end well. One of them will catch feels for the boyfriend/girlfriend.
    Oh no, feels. Poly is kind about forming multiple love relationships (feels). Most people don't describe themselves as poly if they have one committed relationship + casual sex. Personally I intent to catch feels for anyone I date (or not date them very long if I don't). Just because you can't maintain one relationship doesn't mean other people can't maintain more than one. And finally you guys are acting like any relationship that doesn't last for ever is a failure.

Also I'm going to teach you guys another 'dirty' word ... triad.

A triad is a relationship were three people are all dating each other.

I personally think a triad would be an amazing way structure for raising children, more potential family income, much easier to have one of the adults stay home with kids.

I look forward to hearing all the poorly constructed arguments about why triads are the worst thing ever, from people who have only know the word for 5 minutes.

I don't think you know what a joke is.
    kinda hard to tell who's joking in this thread with some of the stuff that's already been said.

So if u was joking mybad.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Polyamory is more natural than monogamy if we look at how humans evolved. So I'm not really sure what you're getting at.
    Please elaborate on what you mean by "look at how humans evolved".

If a man's ok with his wife sleeping around, that's his business.

But I also couldn't bring myself to respect such a man, or even fake respect to his face. I'd keep seeing him with horns.

Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    I would be happy and fine with only my husband for 50-70 years. We've already been together almost 19 and I'm only 33. .
    wouldnt that make you 14 when you married ? so much for western standards that you trying to defend

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    wouldnt that make you 14 when you married ? so much for western standards that you trying to defend
    "been together" can include pre-marriage as well, Bright Eyes.

Deleted
    I don't share seafood.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Each unto their own I guess, but honestly, I think that any attempt at Polyamory would be ill-advised.

I am not saying it's impossible to make it work, but I think the risk of harming the relationship is going to be very high. The problem is that far more people are willing to pretend that they're ok with polyamory in order to keep their partners happy, than are actually ok with polyamory, which means that most cases of polyamory are going to result in one very unhappy partner and the other being delusional.

10+ Year Old Account
    So cheating is an alternative to cheating?
    It isn't cheating for the same reason a forward pass is not cheating in gridiron football. It is permitted by the agreed upon rules.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    The rate of STDs from hookups vs being in a sincere, loving marriage is worth considering.
    There's this thing they invented against that, they make them out of rubber...

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Because they found the one person that they wanted to raise kids with and have a house and pay bills and depend that wasn't necessarily their best partner sexually? Have you never dated somebody who was utterly shit in bed but was your perfect match in literally everything else and made you a better person? I mean I personally wouldn't be okay with this and I'd just accept that some things in life are more important than good sex but still... if you can't see why he got married then I dunno fam. You don't get married because you want to fuck that person for the rest of your life. If that's the case I would have been married already... but I'm not because if we had gotten married we'd both be a mess and in shambles. But we'd fuck each other REALLY good.

sometimes it's not even about sex.

i love my wife completely and have a good sex life with her. neither of these things prevented me from falling in love or having a good sex life with my girlfriend. my girlfriend's existence has never even remotely made me consider divorcing my wife. i want to be with her for the rest of my life. i also happen to want to be with my girlfriend.

marriage, imho, is at its root about who you want to share your life with for the rest of it. it's a forever home type of thing.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

[QUOTE=kamuimac;45931298]wouldnt that make you 14 when you married ? so much for western standards that you trying to defend[/QUOT

No, we met when I was 14, we technically officially started dating when I was 15, a few weeks after meeting. We will be together 19 years total July 20th, and married 11 year July 1st.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    "been together" can include pre-marriage as well, Bright Eyes.
    Exactly! We didn't get married when I was 14!

7+ Year Old Account
    Each to their own, aslong as all people involved are fully informed about the situation.

Can personally say its not something for me.

I don't see the problem. It takes a very well-functioning relaitonship to make that work though, so I wouldn't ever recommend it to anyone, but it can work, and there's nothing wrong with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    But why would you enter a legally binding contract in that kind of relationship?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    But why would you enter a legally binding contract in that kind of relationship?
    Because it's a mutually beneficial thing for both of you and for your future? Why would you not? Just cuz your wife doesn't want to eat your asshole or dress like a school girl for you? It's not like the sex is bad, just she might not be 100% into your fantasies.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-05-31 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's a mutually beneficial thing for both of you and for your future? Why would you not? Just cuz your wife doesn't want to eat your asshole or dress like a school girl for you? It's not like the sex is bad, just she might not be 100% into your fantasies.
    Why be legally obligated to someone if you aren't 100% in line with them? Also, from the sound of the article, it was the wife who was the one who had needs that she went away from her husband to fulfill. I've had open relationships before and they're called fuck buddies. I sure as hell wouldn't sign a paper giving away half my wealth if things go south in a chaotic relationship like that.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2017-05-31 at 04:58 PM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Not my cup of tea, but hell, whatever floats your boat.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."