Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Concordance of legionfall wrong stat buffed?

According to icy-veins, intellect is our worst stat next to versatility but the concordance buffs our intellect. DK primary stat is strength and concordance buffs that and I expect that. But warlocks are not getting the full benefit of concordance, least from affliction spec.

Thoughts? Am i missing something here?

main stat for dps and healing, versatility for tanks. thats the whole reasoning

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryolock View Post
    If they gave different buffs on a per-spec basis, they would have to adjust it for different amounts on every single level. If Spec A benefits 90% from haste and 10% from mastery, while Spec B is a 50/50, then Spec A would have to get less than B per buff, in order to keep them "even". Then there are the other 34 specs to sort through and compensate for each level. And they would have to adjust it every single time they change something behind the scenes, so one stat becomes more or less worth in the statweights.

By giving Main Stat and Versatility, they only have 4 buffs to worry about and can adjust weights to compensate if needed. It doesn't matter that INT sucks for your warlock right now, they can buff you in the next patch so it becomes more useful, if it is needed. If not, enjoy your stat-buff.

According to icy-veins, intellect is our worst stat next to versatility but the concordance buffs our intellect. DK primary stat is strength and concordance buffs that and I expect that. But warlocks are not getting the full benefit of concordance, least from affliction spec.

so you are asking why you are not getting vers? not sure i understand, w/e your spec is, int is better than vers on all 3 of them, even on icy veins. not sure why you are complaining. or is it you wanted to get a full buff of haste or mastery or crit? that's not what is offered through this trait. that's like asking why the demo trait that gives demonwrath damage doesn't instead give imp damage buff. Are you literally just making up a new thing and asking why you don't have it?

The buff is pretty bad anyway and thats nice , meaning you dont really need to farm a lot of AP not to fall behind

Quote Originally Posted by wulfnuts View Post
    so you are asking why you are not getting vers? not sure i understand, w/e your spec is, int is better than vers on all 3 of them, even on icy veins.
    I would prefer versa than inte since it seems better for me

i cant believe this is even a question. the buff is for main stat. simple as that.

And again the actual mindset is "it´s not the best so it sucks". A buff is not enough. It has to be the best possible. /rollseyes

Lmao this guy.

Its buffs your mainstat, mainstat being either str,agi or int, the only exception is tanks who gets 4000 versatility since that flat out reduce the dmg they take.

Deleted
    Yes, you clearly need more ranks of Concordance.

IRL

Buff is good, even for affliction. If you think that it sucks you're probably one of these lfr heroes who are unhappy with everything. For example mythic Gul'dan with concordance which gives 4k main stat is now a punchbag.

Whats the up time on it?

Deleted

I don't know anything about the stat weights of any warlock spec but if what you are saying is true it would just mean that the stat weights of affli are kinda weird and I would be careful with the threads you are creating. Last time too many ppl complained about weird stat weights a whole class spec (Fire mage) got screwed so hard that they could not recover to this day.

Deleted
    Concordance isn;t meant to be "good".

The devs think that the previous endpoint stepped trait was too strong and that peopel could get it too easily. You could get a 10% increase just by farming AP, the devs felt that created to much of a gap between people willing to farm and everyone else.

Concordance is a "consolation prize" trait. The trait itself is worth having, and is trivially easy to get with maxxed AK. The intent was clearly for everyone who wanted it to have it before 7.2.5 hits.

The step increases that follow on though, they are very small increases - even with the buff to 300 int per step. The time and effort to get them increases exponentially, there is a very heavy diminishing returns price here, particularly now that AK will stop at level 40. Evidently they felt that people were still getting increases too quickly.

Past the actual trait, Concordance is there just so that AP doesn't become completely pointless (for mains, I mean), and the devs themselves have stated that AP drops of for example a raid boss are meant as a consolation prize when you don;t get loot. You get something, not much, better than nothing, but only just. They want you to think "hey at least I got a bit of AP"

For all practical purposes, Concordance is an infinite AP sink. It's not worth farming past let's say 60 at the most, and even if you did, Legion will superceded by a new expac a long, long, long time before you are anywhere near maxxing it.

iirc the maximum was going to take four years of max farming with AK 50. They've now stopped AK at 40.
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-05-31 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Whats the up time on it?
    It is up constantly honestly, i think officially its 1.37 PPM

I think the uptime is somewhere around ~30% from what I'm seeing in logs, give or take probably 5% depending on procs, fight lengths, etc.

Yes, definitely at least 25% from what I've seen. Often times I'll get back to back procs as well, so it's quite reliable (as demo).

Every log I look at with characters present for all fights are right around 30% on average. Varies from 15-45%. Elisande is a bit of an anomaly in this because I've seen it as much as 50% uptime on her, which makes sense with the speedup buff.

By the way, the stat buff is still 2K for CotL-1, although the tooltip in artifact abilities clearly states 4k Int. Anyone else noticed that? Just checked my stats with and w/o proc. Buff tooltip says 2k, stats in profile - same.

Quote Originally Posted by Aminally View Post
    By the way, the stat buff is still 2K for CotL-1, although the tooltip in artifact abilities clearly states 4k Int. Anyone else noticed that? Just checked my stats with and w/o proc. Buff tooltip says 2k, stats in profile - same.
    Its 2k in pvp - maybe that's it?