Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    And Sylvanas is a character I do not like, she's a character I want gone. The stuff she has done is bad and, even if she isn't QUITE as bad as the Lich King, I see her as being on the same path leading to it. It's just a matter of time.
    Unless you count getting captured by Kil'jaedan and entombed by him in a block of ice (and even KJ isn't stupid enough to do it again after it backfired in his face) no one can be on the same path as the Lich King because there was no path for the Lich King. He didn't descent into villainy. From the get go he wanted to scour all life, starting with humanity. Something that Sylvanas isn't remotely close to.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It was long 12 years, but a good one. Let us hope for 12 more.

Also: 12 more years of high elves not being playable race.
    There is not enough space on Earth to contain another 12 years' worth of this level of salt generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordcthulhu View Post
    isn't slyvanas main job right now just trying to survive
    Survival of her and the Forsaken, so yea.

Second: For someone who leads so many forsaken, and is undead as well, it would make sense for them to learn some necromancy. EVERYONE can learn it.
    if Hecular is anything to show by it, its hard for a necromancer to raise a single sentient undead unless powered by the lich king.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Unless you count getting captured by Kil'jaedan and entombed by him in a block of ice (and even KJ isn't stupid enough to do it again after it backfired in his face) no one can be on the same path as the Lich King because there was no path for the Lich King. He didn't descent into villainy. From the get go he wanted to scour all life, starting with humanity. Something that Sylvanas isn't remotely close to.
    I obviously don't mean she would become the literal Lich King. But she is definitely going the way to do the same stuff he did, just that she doesn't really think of it like that herself and, with her methods, not quite as obvious.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Well originally during the scourge civil war in Capital City, it wasn't just that Arthas was losing powers due to Illidan attacking the frozen and the undead revolted for freedom, just that he was losing power and the scourge he lost contro lof went on a frenzy and/or started following whoever was strong enough to get control of them.

If I remember correctly, the "forsaken have free will" meme started in WoW. Until that retcon they were just sylvanas' scourge, just like how the dreadlords have their own scourge and other powerful undead who could stay sane during that ordeal got their own minions too.

Now if the story had remained that way, and Sylvanas was still controlling her scourge, this piece of dialog wouldn't be confusing. But with the WoW retcons it doesn't make sense.

Just shitty lore, as is usual for Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordcthulhu View Post
    isn't slyvanas main job right now just trying to survive
    I thought that was everyone's main job.

Is... is this why the alliance can't have nice things?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I thought that was everyone's main job.
    only hers. Everyone else just kinda flops over.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Is... is this why the alliance can't have nice things?
    A rational person would say "yes", but the truth is beyond the realm of reason. And the truth is that Alliance can't have nice things because Blizzard wants them dead.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    A rational person would say "yes", but the truth is beyond the realm of reason. And the truth is that Alliance can't have nice things because Blizzard wants them dead.
    or to all roll humans. Which I guess could be a form of death based on your feelings towards them.
    Holy shit lol

I obviously don't mean she would become the literal Lich King. But she is definitely going the way to do the same stuff he did, just that she doesn't really think of it like that herself and, with her methods, not quite as obvious.
    So Sylvanas, who doesn't want to scour all life is going to do the same stuff he did, which was attempting to scour all life, because...?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Well originally during the scourge civil war in Capital City, it wasn't just that Arthas was losing powers due to Illidan attacking the frozen and the undead revolted for freedom, just that he was losing power and the scourge he lost contro lof went on a frenzy and/or started following whoever was strong enough to get control of them.

If I remember correctly, the "forsaken have free will" meme started in WoW. Until that retcon they were just sylvanas' scourge, just like how the dreadlords have their own scourge and other powerful undead who could stay sane during that ordeal got their own minions too.

Now if the story had remained that way, and Sylvanas was still controlling her scourge, this piece of dialog wouldn't be confusing. But with the WoW retcons it doesn't make sense.

Just shitty lore, as is usual for Legion.
    Only thing I can think of to justify the thing, is that some undead like ghouls and such were controlled and the Forsaken were the ones who gained free will and-- wait hang on where did all the non-WoW-Forsaken undead go? They kept banshees and Abominations but what happened to the rest?

So Sylvanas, who doesn't want to scour all life is going to do the same stuff he did, which was attempting to scour all life, because...?
    She doesn't say she want to scour all life, no. But when she wants to find new ways to raise more forsaken, even wanting to capture a new source for her Val'kyr (one who wasn't even fighting against her, thus attacking those who wanted nothing bad towards the Forsaken, and making dodgy deals with a certain witch), just give it time and she'll be wanting more and more!
    Last edited by Sigxy; 2017-05-31 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post

Sylvanas and her undead had free will in WC3. The enslavement that happened was of the living though banshee possession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I can think of to justify the thing, is that some undead like ghouls and such were controlled and the Forsaken were the ones who gained free will and-- wait hang on where did all the non-WoW-Forsaken undead go? They kept banshees and Abominations but what happened to the rest?
    Ghouls are the final form of undead, mindless and hungry for flesh.

She doesn't say she want to scour all life, no. But when she wants to find new ways to raise more forsaken, even wanting to capture a new source for her Val'kyr (one who wasn't even fighting against her, thus attacking those who wanted nothing bad towards the Forsaken, and making dodgy deals with a certain witch), just give it time and she'll be wanting more and more!
    going to have to see it to believe it, dealing Heyla is a far cry from wanting to scour the planet and rule over it.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Ghouls are the final form of undead, mindless and hungry for flesh.

going to have to see it to believe it, dealing Heyla is a far cry from wanting to scour the planet and rule over it.
    Either that or the zombies. But otherwise, when it gets to those... erm... low-unlife beings...(?) then I presume someone had to be in control of them.

And yeah, understandable - it's just some opinion I have at the moment. I feel her actions are so far showing nothing but bad stuff, but I can't really go tell people what to believe when there's no proof about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either that or the zombies. But otherwise, when it gets to those... erm... low-unlife beings...(?) then I presume someone had to be in control of them.
    \

I mean literally the final form of a zombie is a ghoul, undeath mutates the zombie into a ghoul, or had the potential to.

Atleast that was the old lore.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    \

I mean literally the final form of a zombie is a ghoul, undeath mutates the zombie into a ghoul, or had the potential to.

Huh, really? I though it was just more of a case of what kind of undead you were. Thought a Ghoul was one of the possible 'lowest form' since there are a few.

Good lord, if people thought evolution was hard, try toss in magic and undeath into the blender... x_x

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, really? I though it was just more of a case of what kind of undead you were. Thought a Ghoul was one of the possible 'lowest form' since there are a few.

Good lord, if people thought evolution was hard, try toss in magic and undeath into the blender... x_x
    /wave hands in air

magic.

The wowpedia article on it no longer has a citation (swear it used too) So iit might no longer be "true undeath"
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    \

I'm pretty sure that was in the RPG.

7+ Year Old Account
    /wave hands in air

magic.

The wowpedia article on it no longer has a citation (swear it used too) So iit might no longer be "true undeath"
    ...Yeah I guess this isn't going to get us much further on this topic anyway. So. Can at least agree on this and move on:

/wave hands in air

MAGIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was in the RPG.
    And judging by your signature, I guess there's no answer to that anymore!

I somewhat feel that the Andorhal quest chain was something the quest designer(s) put there because they thought it was cool, but then the lore devs saw it and had to play damage control with the "newly Undead frenzy" thing, since without that the militia being raised seemingly goes against the narrative of the "free-willed Forsaken." #Catathings

Personally I feel that the Mind-Slave girl in Undercity is a bit more egregious in this regard since she's a constant in Undercity.