Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Imagine the outrage if a celeb did that with Obama when he was President. Don't see why this is any different, tbh.
    Admittedly, there was lots of disapproval from the Left as well.
    Glad that, for once, there was somewhat of unity between everyone in acknowledging how stupid and in poor taste this photo-shooting was.

A lot of people wouldn't cry, but there'd also be a lot that do. What's your point now?
    I already explained this. Kathy Griffen not crying if Trump died is a meaningless statement...just like I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't cry if Kathy Griffen died.

Chris Cornell died last weekend. Did you cry? I didn't...and he mattered a lot more to me than Donald Trump does.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I'm sure that severed head resembles her hot red stinky ginger box...yuck

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    He's not a particularly well-loved President. On top of that he's 70 years old, doesn't believe in exercise, and eats a ton of fast food.
    Yes, and?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Get out of here.

Politicians are the filth of the world.
    Or i can stay.

I don't think that's the point you initially tried to make with that comment. I think you were trying to say that people don't cry for people they don't know, like, it wasn't common... but it is. We see it happen all the time.

Kathy may not cry cause she obviously doesn't like the guy, but there would be many people out there (Trump supporters, I imagine) that would cry for Trump if he died.
    It actually was the point I was making. If you don't cry when every single person you don't know dies...how does not crying when a person you don't know (like Donald Trump ) matter at all?

I'm sure a lot of people would cry if Trump died. That has nothing to do with it. I never claimed "Nobody would cry when Trump dies".
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Tragic?

That might be the dumbest word one could use in this situation. She's a failed human being who went looking for attention. She got it. And now her actions have ruined her career.... not tragic ------ predictable.
    I am not a Republican or a Democrat..... I just hate Trump with a passion. If he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Hey look another republican denying how widespread the events of those two pictures were. Here you go Click Away

I introduce you to. The republican party. Which is why what Kathy Griffin did amounts to exactly dick.

More Liberal waffling on taking the high-ground. What ever happened to you guys being on the morally superior of the spectrum?

I could almost understand it, if it were Meryl Streep, but to take out your biggest Hypocritical Apologist Cards from the deck for Kathy Griffin? Sad, sad, sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Remember the fired rodeo clown?
    So, Griffin should be fired? Is that the point?

What's the usual saying? Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequence for your speech. If shock and awe is what she was going for, well good for her, she got it. Probably at the expense of her own. It should be noted that it's not just the right that is making a big deal out of this. Al Franken was on MSNBC saying he called her directly and told her it crossed the line, he said he didn't even want to describe what the photo was on air. People that put up lynching dolls of Obama are just as bad, but honestly... the outrage in the response is going to be directly proportional to the crowd of people it reaches? Those rednecks probably didn't reach many people, and it certainly didn't make it's way around the millions of peoples facebook timelines and twitter feeds to get that snowball of outrage going.
    Last edited by Narwal; 2017-05-31 at 06:17 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She just got canned by CNN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    So, Griffin should be fired? Is that the point?
    She has been. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Do you shed tears when people you don't know personally die?

You weren't asking me this, but I sure have..... when Elvis Presley died... when Prince died, when that female astronaut died ( I can't spell her name )....... When Roberto Clemente died...... I can go on.
    I am not a Republican or a Democrat..... I just hate Trump with a passion. If he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yes, and?
    There are millions of people that wouldn't cry if he died. I'm not saying they'd all celebrate...but they wouldn't be heartbroken either.

As a liberal, I'm perfectly fine with Griffin getting fired for this. CNN has the right to appease their customers and not lose their advertisers.

Had she been on Fox and held Obama's head, they would have taken weeks to fire her (if it all), all of their shows would be screaming and crying about the PC culture. But no, CNN is part of the liberal media bias conspricay...right?

Fucking conservatives and their hypocritical nature.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    You weren't asking me this, but I sure have..... when Elvis Presley died... when Prince died, when that female astronaut died ( I can't spell her name )....... When Roberto Clemente died...... I can go on.
    Sure, I can run with that....but I'm sure there are even more people who you heard about their deaths and weren't moved at all. Donald Trump would fit into the latter category for a lot of people. I'm sure that he'd also fit into the former category for some as well...but it wouldn't be something that would unite the entire world in grief.

10+ Year Old Account
    She has every right to participate in a photo like this, CNN have every right to decide that she is not promoting the proper image of their company. You have every right to be offended or displeased with it. All of these are simple concepts, and I don't know why people think they need to go to war with each other over every tiny detail.

The US is a single nation, yet for some reason both sides feel it necessary to take polar opposite stances and bicker like a bunch of console fanboys over which is better. Just like Sony or Microsoft, the politicians don't really care, they just want your vote and money.
    Last edited by Noah37; 2017-05-31 at 06:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Deleted
    Worst apology ever.
    The tragedy is not doing it, but taking it down.
    Having the audacity to come up with such image, disgusting as it may be, is infinitely shadowed by her incapacity to handle her own humor.
    If she didn't know what the reaction would be, she's simply abnormally stupid. If she did, and went ahead, the capitulation is only a testament to her incompetence as a humorist.
    "I'm sowwy" not accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    She just got canned by CNN.

She has been. lol.
    Fucking political witch hunts. I strongly dislike this internet mob mentality. The faux outrage is disgusting. If I had any complaint about capitalism it's the fact that consumers have ENORMOUS amounts of power over people within businesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

People comparing random protesters to kathy griffin need to stop. No one cares about either first of all. But Kathy is what a contributor to CNN while those ppl with anti obama propaganda are just random donks. CNN needs to fire her. Its already at odds with the president, and now one of its contributors is publicly displaying his severed head for the masses which is pretty much a symbol for what CNN is trying to doing to trump in the media.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As she should. It was completely inappropriate and distasteful.
    Absolutely. They did the right thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    As a liberal, I'm perfectly fine with Griffin getting fired for this. CNN has the right to appease their customers and not lose their advertisers.

Had she been on Fox and held Obama's head, they would have taken weeks to fire her (if it all), all of their shows would be screaming and crying about the PC culture. But no, CNN is part of the liberal media bias conspricay...right?

Fucking conservatives and their hypocritical nature.
    Oh bullshit. Show me a case where some Fox news contributor did anything close to what she did and they took weeks to fire them. There is a reason you take a while to fire someone over accusations. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Oh bullshit. Show me a case where some Fox news contributor did anything close to what she did and they took weeks to fire them. There is a reason you take a while to fire someone over accusations. :P
    Riiiiiight.

Tell you what, provide for me all those times Fox condemed people burned and hung Obama in effigy.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    More Liberal waffling on taking the high-ground. What ever happened to you guys being on the morally superior of the spectrum?

I could almost understand it, if it were Meryl Streep, but to take out your biggest Hypocritical Apologist Cards from the deck for Kathy Griffin? Sad, sad, sad.
    I think you misunderstand what I wrote as a defense. I frankly just don't care what Kathy Griffin did. At best it's wishful thinking, at worst it's bad comedy.

Either way the fact that people put THIS much time into attacking the most hated man in the world is awfully telling.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"