Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am angry that my 27 alts can't instantly get their class mount. They need those mounts so that I can mount them real quick before I do my daily transmutes and then log off.

This is Blizzards way of Punishing the players who wanted flight
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    This is Blizzards way of Punishing the players who wanted flight
    you dont need to do this to get flight though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Topkek
    Look at Pandaria:
    -Tier 1
    *First tier: 1 raid MV (6 bosses) vs EN (7 bosses)
    *Second tier: 1 raid HoF (6 bosses) vs ToV (3 bosses)
    *Third tier 1: raid ToES (4 bosses) vs Nighthold (10 bosses)
    *Tier 1 total: Panda (16 bosses) vs Legion (20 bosses)
    -Tier 2
    *Tier 2 raid: ToT (12-13 bosses) vs ToS (9 bosses)
    -Total (midlife xpac)
    *Panda(28-29 bosses) vs Legion (29 bosses)

Aaaand Pandaria had then a FOURTEEN bosses raid (SoO). So yeah, i think they did this on preovious expansions, not only Pandaria but more xpacs, like the beloved WotLK who had 33 bosses on the second tier, then they still made THREE more raids with EIGHTEEN bosses total (not even taking in count the two bosses for VoA).

Ok, take that they need to "make" a new world for Argus...they won't. They will just make a new map mardum-like, put a bunch of mobs here'n'there and some quests that involve killing those mobs,plus some more special mission mobs (something similar to tanaan). Then they just add an entrance to the raid and that's about all, the rest of the planet is so devastated you can't visit it or something like that. That will make us lose one raid tier, maybe, but we will still have three raid tiers for sure.
    but the first raid of wotlk was just a remake of a vanilla raid...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you dont need to do this to get flight though

- - - Updated - - -

but the first raid of wotlk was just a remake of a vanilla raid...
    I didnt say it was needed to get flight. I am saying this timegated Bullshit and really crappy drawn out weekly quests are punsihment for players wanting to fly

7+ Year Old Account
    I didnt say it was needed to get flight. I am saying this timegated Bullshit and really crappy drawn out weekly quests are punsihment for players wanting to fly
    or you know, you could just wait, then do all the quests at once?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    or you know, you could just wait, then do all the quests at once?
    Yes because having to wait is just so much fun. Why play the game and have engaging content when I could simply wait ! Brilliant! Its just like a Asian RPG phone game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes because having to wait is just so much fun. Why play the game and have engaging content when I could simply wait ! Brilliant! Its just like a Asian RPG phone game.
    or just donrt do it, it is not important or special, again would you rather do it all then wait, or do abit each week?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Not all of us. I'm an "alt-o-holic" and I've kept up with the 'Breaching the Tomb' achievement on all of my toons. I don't complain about being behind in some things, but this requires very little effort. You didnt even have to log into the game that much for this one to work. You could have kept up with your missions and followers from the app, making this quest rather simple.
    You are one of the few exceptions @Winter Blossom

But if they didn't draw them out, you'd have to wait anyways? This way we get one boring quest each week, instead of a bunch of boring quests right away, that we could have finished in a day or two, and then had to wait for ToS to come out weeks later.

I don't get why people just HAVE to complain about every-fucking-thing. It's a bloody game, do the quests if you want to, don't do them if you don't. It is THAT simple.

Are they boring and absolutely fucking shit though? Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account

They will also be ground mounts so are they punishing those w ho don't want flying? Or can't fly yet?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Thats what all the "alt-o-holics" do: complain that they cant get everything faster. I really do think that this mentality is the entitled "gimmie gimmie gimmie" generation, and they are all mostly in their late teens and early 20s.

Its sad that hard work and dedication are no longer a thing for people.
    Oh, just stop. That "pepperidge farm remembers" crap gets old. I've been playing this game since before honor was a thing and I did it all. What was good game design back in the day is not today. Yes, it felt more "earned", but I would rather be doing something better than farming fadeleaf just to use my blind, or doing long, sometimes convoluded, attunements for raids (except AQ, that was neat). Hard work and dedication my ass. You should check your rose-tinted glasses on your way out, sir.

I've never liked the follower system. It's like Blizzard tried to make battle pets happen for everyone, but failed. So they made a second try at this, but this time gating real charachter progression behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smag View Post
    Oh, just stop. That "pepperidge farm remembers" crap gets old. I've been playing this game since before honor was a thing and I did it all. What was good game design back in the day is not today. Yes, it felt more "earned", but I would rather be doing something better than farming fadeleaf just to use my blind, or doing long, sometimes convoluded, attunements for raids (except AQ, that was neat). Hard work and dedication my ass. You should check your rose-tinted glasses on your way out, sir.

I've never liked the follower system. It's like Blizzard tried to make battle pets happen for everyone, but failed. So they made a second try at this, but this time gating real charachter progression behind it.
    Come back to me when you have completed the paladin and warlock original class mount quest lines from vanilla.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smag View Post
    They have only gated story progression behind Order Hall Followers and Missions. While yes you can gain AP you can gain that from other sources. Character progression does not encompass anything you could ever gain for a character. A mount, and order hall story line, does is not really considered character progression nor is it a required thing. It is also a little odd to complain that you need to do the Order Hall mechanics in order to complete your Order Hall story line which the Class mount is the current culmination of.

Keep saying something that is wrong won't start making it true. You can hate the Order Hall system but don't true to attribute it as "real character progression". It is also such minuscule time gating in the grand scheme of things. In the 11 weeks it takes for the entire Legion fall quest line to become active you could have got followers high enough to do these 3 missions. So there really is no time gate for these quest line behind Order Hall missions. You are wrong on all accounts of your rant.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It amazes me that people will defend Blizzard on this one. Like, how bad do the quests have to get before you'll agree they're not even trying anymore?
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    It amazes me that people will defend Blizzard on this one. Like, how bad do the quests have to get before you'll agree they're not even trying anymore?
    They aren't bad quests though. They aren't super awesome either. They are just standard quests released over an 11 week period that get you to do the Broken Shore content. Some have already done all the content covered by the quests but others might not have and the quest encourages them to engage that stuff more. The order and 11 weeks probably could have been adjusted slightly as well.

The reward for this is pretty insane. Blizzard likes to throw around the term 'lucrative' (LOL wyrmtongue caches) but this actually is. I truly don't think Blizzard understands their game. I think they are trying to make up for their shitty campaign by upping some of the final rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    I'm soooo sorry that your 2-week-old character is now completely stuck and cannot do ANYTHING else any more because you probably have 400 alts and didn't want to spend the time on THIS 2-week-old alt to get your followers adequately leveled/geared.

Seriously, is it just my imagination or is this "I want everything for free NOW" mentality of some of the people here just getting worse and worse.....
    And it is those most guilty of that who accuse the rest of being responsible.
    Look at the casual bashing saying LFR is instant gratification, while inflating the requirements for their groups in the name of "efficiency" - or getting it done as quickly as possible.
    The only time these have any impact is for alts coming along to the chain later, not those still waiting on next weeks.
    And then it is minor compared to many other gatings.

Suck it up, and grow up people.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-06-01 at 06:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I can't even start to imagine how it would feel if I were having all these idiotic issues with all this stuff in the game. It must be hell. These people are pathetic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They aren't bad quests though.
    you're wrong, they are very bad quests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    In the 11 weeks it takes for the entire Legion fall quest line to become active you could have got followers high enough to do these 3 missions. So there really is no time gate for these quest line behind Order Hall missions. You are wrong on all accounts of your rant.
    Well I can throw you the ball back, because I can also tell you that you are wrong on all accounts.

There was NEVER a single hint during the last 8 months that any content would be locked behind followers equipment level. If you look back you would realize that all quests that required the mission table were accessible and feasible without putting any time into this system other than doing the required missions. We even got a dedicated quest-mission one week before 7.2, it was accessible and feasible with 110 followers at 760. Please note the underlined words. Now we have a quest asking to complete random missions, how is this consistent with the order hall content we had so far ? Hell there even is mission on broken shore available at 760 that does not give any credit towards the quest, how is that logical and good design ?

So far it was possible to keep any alts up to speed in term of content on story-lines, equipment and even AP without any investment AT ALL in the mission table for the last 8 months. Only things that required a bit of work were the artifact skins and professions, and it should remain as such, this aspect is fine.

But now they locked order hall content behind a huge time gate, with no catch-up mechanics.

Does it make sense for you to be able to catch up on reputation, artifact knoweledge, artifact power and equipment by almost doing nothing and in no time ? But then to progress you order hall story you would need to use a system with no catch-up ? To be fair on most of my alts I don't care to get high-end raid-ready performances, I want to experience the expansion story for that class. In the meantime my main have no use anymore of any token or piece of armor for followers he receives, I just vendor all and respec his order hall talents.

Does all of this really makes sense ? What if I tell you know that for next week quest you need to have a completed artifact fishing rod and complete all pet battle dungeon ? It's content that was available so you should also be up to speed on that for all your characters that want to complete the order hall story, right ?