Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Can blizzard please look into this? Seems insane having to level 5ish followers to 855-900 Ilvl, 3 items etc on so many alts you don't really play.
    Why do you need the class mount on a character you don't really play?

Hurr durr I have to go do current content to complete a current content questline. So unfair!

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Yea like 9 months was not enough to level your followers...
    Do you understand that new players and new max level characters exist? Doesn't apply to OP, but the issue he points out is definitely real.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flabberly View Post
    Hurr durr I have to go do current content to complete a current content questline. So unfair!
    Getting follower ilevels is not content, it's a timegated RNG facebook game.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    its not about putting in work or not... ive no idea why so many people cant understand this, its completely about this specific step feeling totally arbitrary.

why cant this step be substituted with something else that feels better? the answer: Blizz is trying to cling to the rather silly idea that followers have meaning.

this step also adds an additional 100yrds to the distance they can dangle that half rotten carrot on the stick hoping players will be trolled into keeping their subs going.

seriously, it is just a rather disappointing speed bump that could have been a more compelling leg of "work" so many of you people use as a defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Easy to level followers? If you mean their quality, sure, if they're a bodyguard, otherwise fuck no, and regardless of that getting ilevels is absolutely dumb at this point.
    It is easy, unless you are a player whom suddenly realizes they want a mount on a character they haven't touched for a looooooong time.

Getting them to 110, easy. Using them to Rare/Epic, simple, and no, you don't have to only bodyguard spam them. As for ilvl, you have a selection of methods, among them being the armor cache that some halls has a version off. As well, armor missions aren't really that rare. Even so, you can get some followers whom has a 100% success against special missions (Even as 'uncommon' quality).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    its not about putting in work or not... ive no idea why so many people cant understand this, its completely about this specific step feeling totally arbitrary.

why cant this step be substituted with something else that feels better? the answer: Blizz is trying to cling to the rather silly idea that followers have meaning.

this step also adds an additional 100yrds to the distance they can dangle that half rotten carrot on the stick hoping players will be trolled into keeping their subs going.

seriously, it is just a rather disappointing speed bump that could have been a more compelling leg of "work" so many of you people use as a defense.
    Seriously, followers has no connection to subs.

The followers are meant to have a meaning to your connection with the class hall. Of course, you don't have to do it, and you aren't forced but then you also have to accept that you can't get certain things.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Do you understand that new players and new max level characters exist? Doesn't apply to OP, but the issue he points out is definitely real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post

A new player isn't going to just demand the final result of a long quest chain. Once they get to Legion content, they're going to be working on their order hall stuff in an organic, natural fashion, including doing missions that reward follower gear. Over time, the efficacy of the followers improves, and they become capable of executing more challenging missions for more lucrative rewards. This is actually GAMEPLAY.

The people who want to skip all of this and just get the rewards are the ones who are disappointed, and I honestly don't care about their disappointment.

If you don't want to work on your followers on all your alts, you don't have to, but you should not expect to be rewarded as if you had.
    Last edited by Vaerys; 2017-05-31 at 09:44 PM.

Leveling followers easily on alts requires 2 OH traits.

1) Click for a free world quest once per day
    2) Pay 50 garrison resources for a follower upgrade item

If your alt is a class that doesn't have either of these traits, that alt is basically screwed as you'll need to actually play them to level their followers. My druid, monk, and shaman alts still don't have 5 followers at 900 to this very day.

Now you might say "you SHOULD have to play your alts to progress on them!" And you know what? No need to yell. I agree, dude. Problem is all the classes that do have those two order hall traits (or even just the free daily WQ) don't have to play to progress, and that's unfair and sucks rocks.

My preferred solution is to simply remove the free WQ trait from the game, and to make the 50 garrison resources for follower upgrade trait baseline. In lieu of that, just make all the itemlvl upgrade items bind on account.

omg collection people crying a river because "effort" is required to get a cosmetic item!! Call nine whine whine immediately!! Working for something is worst design ever!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yeah but what if you have a maxed character of every single class? You think all 12 of those have 900 followers? Cuz fuck that fam. The point is that they've already gated these cool class mounts behind some shitty quests like farming the Sentinax... now you have to wait months for your followers on any new characters to get maxed out. That's just stupid. If you want to reroll you're so fucking punished for it already and now they're punishing you even on the cosmetic side of things. 7.2 and 7.2.5 are basically THE time to reroll what with the AK cap being hit and account wide and the heirlooms being upgraded... but then they do stuff like add new legendary items into the game to dilute the pool of good ones newer players can get.
    Pretty sure the class mounts are intended to be difficult/time consuming to acquire and not just a hand-out to all of your alts...

7+ Year Old Account
    my level 102 toons have 110 epic followers
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I mean... at least, this is going to make these mounts more rare. If you can't be assed to do it for your alts, then not a big deal, there's plenty of others out there to choose from and it helps to add variety to the overall world.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Exactly, and that's the very definition of accountwide. The fact that most of these other people here can't grasp that, is entirely their fault.
    they are not account wide ,they are class wide
    get the priest one, can have it on all your priests, but that means if you want them all you have to get them all, you cant just get 1 then you auto unlock them all
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It is easy, unless you are a player whom suddenly realizes they want a mount on a character they haven't touched for a looooooong time.

Getting them to 110, easy. Using them to Rare/Epic, simple, and no, you don't have to only bodyguard spam them. As for ilvl, you have a selection of methods, among them being the armor cache that some halls has a version off. As well, armor missions aren't really that rare. Even so, you can get some followers whom has a 100% success against special missions (Even as 'uncommon' quality).
    Okay, so have you not hit 110 on any character since 7.2 and tried to get ilevel up? Because you vastly overestimate the work orders(you get 2 per day, which give completely random items), and that's still ignoring the 50% of classes(iirc) that don't even have access to that and are entirely at the mercy of getting random items from missions randomly. And again, that's assuming insane luck, more realistically it's like 2 months including all sources and decent luck.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Wait, by new quest he means the broken shore quests of which we need to complete 3?

You realise that 1 hero + 2 of the 30% champions mean a minimal of 60% succes rate. Level doesn't matter. It might take a bit longer, but makes sense that things take a bit longer on your alts doesn't it?

Plus while leveling your alt to 110, your followers should have passivly followed as you used them on your order hall campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Might as well start handing legendaries out while we're at it.
    Arent they already doing that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Seriously, followers has no connection to subs.

The followers are meant to have a meaning to your connection with the class hall. Of course, you don't have to do it, and you aren't forced but then you also have to accept that you can't get certain things.
    followers by themselves dont have connection... but the time it takes to fool with them for every. single. alt. you. have.. does. its a time gate. you might be fine on your 1 or 2 most played toons to date, but #10-12 alts has made this step become quite tedious and a lengthy time gate that simply doesnt feel good.

change it out with something else, dont be so black and white on the subject. why cant we have a different step here to achieve the same goal of "worked a bit" to get a nice cosmetic reward?
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Might as well start handing legendaries out while we're at it.
    About 274 days too late.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I also posted this on EU forum, but Im curious what mmo-c has to say.
    That pretty much means Blizzard will never see this post.

Deleted
    It's just a mount.
    If you don't want to do what is required to get it... don't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    A new player isn't going to just demand the final result of a long quest chain. Once they get to Legion content, they're going to be working on their order hall stuff in an organic, natural fashion, including doing missions that reward follower gear. Over time, the efficacy of the followers improves, and they become capable of executing more challenging missions for more lucrative rewards. This is actually GAMEPLAY.
    I just leveled 3 characters about 2 to 3 weeks ago. I did all which was required by class/artifact quests and went through the entire quest chain, now awaiting the last bit to open up for me. Most of my followers are still rare quality and varying in ilvl from 790 to 830, with the only ones being of epic quality and 850 being my last champions which I got via the quests in the broken isles. Addingt that most of my classes don't have the option to get armaments via an order hall perk.

It has nothing to do with skipping, but all to do with previous content being gated to high heaven which allowed for mains to casually level and gear their followers.

Personally I don't think a buff is needed, as long as they don't remove the obtainability of the mounts next expansion. If so, a catch up system would be desired, or at the very least making armaments BoA, so you could still work for them, but on different chars.