Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd be pretty content with never seeing another troll boss again.

Deleted
    Not again, mon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yaya need a troll xpac for sure

Deleted
    I dunno I think 6.1 was a really decent troll patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    God, I hate when people pretend the "wow community" is one single minded amorphous blob..
    Er...ok? I never implied that. I stated my own opinion. .__.

Going from fighting space aliens in their spaceships against greasy Bob Marley with a pointy stick.

15+ Year Old Account
    The most recent Troll thing we had was Throne of Thunder + Isle of Thunder, and that was one of the best raids ever. So I don't understand the pushback here.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

We could get a troll patch after Argus, probably 7.4, just to give us something to do while waiting for the next expansion.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

I don't think it needs to be trolls necessarily.

I think we could do with like a side raid (ie purely casual raid 1 difficulty with maybe hard modes for extra loot) that breaks the mold on raiding. This is what the troll raids originally were. They were fun, worthwhile for progression for a couple unique pieces of loot but mostly just something great for beer runs on the off nights.

They were challenging enough that many would struggle through them at first but at the end of the day 100% puggable (organized) for most bosses.
    Last edited by Zylos; 2017-05-31 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I would like a troll content where instead of killing them we help them, we see them restore their fastinating civilisation, we learn about their culture and motives. In the past at least two instances made no bloody sense and were thrown just there to kill trolls.

That is Zul'Farrak (go kill them because goblins tells you so)
    and Zu'Drak (why bothering them? They fight the scourge, enemy of my enemy is maybe not necessary my friend but leave them alone as they're doing nice job).

Let's kill some humans instead and let trolls reward you for that with nice loot.
    Well Zul'Farrak was because they were raising an army of undead trolls. They were already hostile and Ratchet didn't want them to build up to become a threat.

Zul'drak they were killing the Loa and stealing their power which is a big No no to the Zandalari(before they became bad). We also work directly with some of the Loa so we were contracted out. There was also the storyline with Drakuru who let the scourge in and they were slowly losing till we cleaned up.

But we really do need a good human raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind finding out what's going on with Zandalar. The last we heard in MoP, it was sinking. If we do end up getting a Naga expansion next, maybe there will be room for visiting that in some capacity. Not necessarily a whole zone, but perhaps dungeons or a raid.

Nope, not in the slightest.

A troll expansion should come with a new physical ranged class: axe thrower
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wierdly yes. Normally i would not say, that WoW needs patches or expansions which follows themes of the past, but i do miss a patch, where we get some new troll lore, see some new troll tribes and get to defeat some cool troll bosses. I was personally a big fan of the ZG/ZA remake and it could be cool to see a patch, where something like it would happend again
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, we really had enough Zul this and that imo. And there's so many variations of trolls nowadays.

We'll probably get one when one of Vol'jins sons pop up.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I wouldn't mind going to Zandalar, especially to see the lush forests. Like the orcs, I need a break from the fel.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Well Zul'Farrak was because they were raising an army of undead trolls. They were already hostile and Ratchet didn't want them to build up to become a threat.
    Ratchet in Barrens?

And army could be used for many reasons it's not like Gadgetzan was the only thing in Tanaris (there were ogres and silithid which Farraki were meant to look over), but looking at history Ogrens and gobbos were the hostile ones. That were previously attacking them.

Zul'drak they were killing the Loa and stealing their power which is a big No no to the Zandalari(before they became bad). We also work directly with some of the Loa so we were contracted out. There was also the storyline with Drakuru who let the scourge in and they were slowly losing till we cleaned up.
    They were desperate to protect themselves, and they actually succeed. So we went in and damn all their efforts. Not only we didn't lift a finger when scourge was hunting for their warlords, but we joined all the parties to attack trolls which were fighting scourge. From tactical point of view it was bloody ridiculous. That was your ally in fighting scourge, and they were doing fine! Use your brain AC!
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

mark my words, the B story of the next expansion is "the loas have told the trolls to take over the world again. they are doing their best"
    all troll tribes sniping us as we deal with whatever the main story is
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Haven't had a full on troll themed patch since 4.1.

Although there will be others that will argue that 5.2 counts as a troll patch because trolls were a major villain in that patches story arc. However the main theme was on Lei Shen and the Mogu, meaning 5.2 was a mogu patch and not a troll patch.

5.3 had a scenario involving trolls as well. I guess that would be a 'troll patch' even though the main themes was the horde civil war and the Heart of Y'shaarj