Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nothing once again

Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post
    Do you know if the non-spec dependent legendaries count in this figure or not?
    If you are only missing non-spec legendaries, you are guaranteed to get those next. Until you have literally NO more legendaries to get for a spec (this includes spec-wide [IFE, OI, etc], multi-spec-wide [for us specifically, that's Luffas/Cinidaria only IIRC], class-wide [Ekowraith/SOTA {in 7.2.5}] and global [Prydaz/Sephuz]), then you will randomly get a remaining legendary, and it can be from ANY of your other 3 specs.

Again, I have no clue if your BLP gets wasted or not (on live) if you have all legendaries for a spec (again, including multi-spec, class-wide, and global legendaries), because I swapped over to Guardian in hopes of getting Luffas (and got Skysec's instead, rip), though I do have 10/10 for Balance.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    If you are only missing non-spec legendaries, you are guaranteed to get those next. Until you have literally NO more legendaries to get for a spec (this includes spec-wide [IFE, OI, etc], multi-spec-wide [for us specifically, that's Luffas/Cinidaria only IIRC], class-wide [Ekowraith/SOTA {in 7.2.5}] and global [Prydaz/Sephuz]), then you will randomly get a remaining legendary, and it can be from ANY of your other 3 specs.

Again, I have no clue if your BLP gets wasted or not (on live) if you have all legendaries for a spec (again, including multi-spec, class-wide, and global legendaries), because I swapped over to Guardian in hopes of getting Luffas (and got Skysec's instead, rip), though I do have 10/10 for Balance.
    So ring should be pretty high chance for people currently sitting at all balance legendaries.

So ring should be pretty high chance for people currently sitting at all balance legendaries.
    If you have 10/10 Balance, you're looking at a 50-50 chance of Cloak or Ring.

At max, if you do all emissaries and maximize your Broken Shore supplies, and clear NH H weekly (ToS instead works fine), you should have both in ~4 weeks tops.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Nothing once again
    yeah, what did we expect anyway? There is long thread on US forums regarding spec issues, one blue post just reacting to some bug they fixed...and thats it. If im not mistaken there has been 0 communication regarding balance druids since Legion lunch (and ferals, not sure though).

But dont worry, patch is coming in 11 days.
    "Thats a long way to go."
    "Its just PTR, anything can change."
    "We should just wait for more testing."
    "Simulations cant be taken seriously."

and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    If im not mistaken there has been 0 communication regarding balance druids since Legion launch.
    Hey that's not true, we got communication regarding Surgeweaving (when they almost made ED super worthless) and Wax & Wane (when it was worthless and it even went live being as such).

See? TONS of communication.

"We will do our best to improve communication with the players" What a fucking crock, considering it's gotten worse overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    yeah, what did we expect anyway? There is long thread on US forums regarding spec issues, one blue post just reacting to some bug they fixed...and thats it. If im not mistaken there has been 0 communication regarding balance druids since Legion lunch (and ferals, not sure though).

But dont worry, patch is coming in 11 days.
    "Thats a long way to go."
    "Its just PTR, anything can change."
    "We should just wait for more testing."
    "Simulations cant be taken seriously."

and so on...

you left out, "we are fine..."

even though the person saying it on his best 100% logs is still 8-15% behind almost every other class on their 100% logs....but i guess he is safe in his raid spot so...meh

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

even though the person saying it on his best 100% logs is still 8-15% behind almost every other class on their 100% logs....but i guess he is safe in his raid spot so...meh
    Our class does really well when you are 10 ilevels above everyone else in your raid.

Our class does really well when you are 10 ilevels above everyone else in your raid.
    to be fair our class does really well on non-ST fights.

the only thing i see people asking for is ST buffs and mechanic fixes...

but you know when you have an almost 940 weapon...its easy

Deleted

yea guys sorry my bad, I also forgot the famous quote how we bring tons of utility in form of solar beam and all that other stuff

to be fair our class does really well on non-ST fights.

the only thing i see people asking for is ST buffs and mechanic fixes...
    - ST
    - Fix/replace dead talents
    - Few mechanical tweaks
    - Legendary Balancing

AoE is fine. The ramp-up can be a tad annoying, but once the ball is rolling, we're definitely doing pretty well (assuming you actually spec 3 talents into AoE...)

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    - Fix/replace dead talents
    As long as there's at least some valid options, not something Blizz is gonna do in a patch. So you'd be waiting for something they were never going to do to begin with.

Our mechanics are working fine enough. Our only real problem is tuning. They're done with mechanics changes about now and getting to work on tuning, so now's the time to speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    As long as there's at least some valid options, not something Blizz is gonna do in a patch. So you'd be waiting for something they were never going to do to begin with.
    Well this is not true tho. BM's, Affli locks(demo aswell not sure tho), Subtlety (if i'm not mistaken), Elemental, Enhancement, just off the top of my head, have had major talent adjustments in 7.1.5 or 7.2.5 . So clearly it's something blizzard is willing to do.

Anyway it looks like Elementals have banded together and actually got a blue response, maybe it's time for boomkins as well instead of sitting around idle. This would probably need to be kickstarted by the spec "ambassadors" tho, but I have a feeling that wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by wewe View Post
    Anyway it looks like Elementals have banded together and actually got a blue response, maybe it's time for boomkins as well instead of sitting around idle. This would probably need to be kickstarted by the spec "ambassadors" tho, but I have a feeling that wont happen.
    There's a big thread on the NA forums of people complaining and/or providing constructive feedback, with posts from Cyous and Gapezilla and lots of others. Also Zoomkins, a Blizz employee (but not designer), drops in on Discord from time to time. They probably didn't have the time to look at re-designing FoE or StFl or WoE/Starlord, which are some of our biggest mechanical pain points and are, understandably, low priority.

Numbers tweaks can and will happen either before the patch or after the week of heroic but it's important to note that some of the top DPS classes (Frost DK, Aff Lock, Frost Mage) are getting slightly toned down so we'll look better by comparison, especially with the Starsurge buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jqu View Post
    There's a big thread on the NA forums of people complaining and/or providing constructive feedback, with posts from Cyous and Gapezilla and lots of others. Also Zoomkins, a Blizz employee (but not designer), drops in on Discord from time to time. They probably didn't have the time to look at re-designing FoE or StFl or WoE/Starlord, which are some of our biggest mechanical pain points and are, understandably, low priority.

Numbers tweaks can and will happen either before the patch or after the week of heroic but it's important to note that some of the top DPS classes (Frost DK, Aff Lock, Frost Mage) are getting slightly toned down so we'll look better by comparison, especially with the Starsurge buff.
    Like you said, numbers tweaks can and will happen. Hopefully our single target comes up.

The nerfs to the top end won't really help moonkin single target because our problem is our distance below the middle (as documented in the thread you mentioned). The nerfs to the top end certainly help the middle but we're too far from the middle for it to help our relative standing.

The starsurge buff wasn't much of an aid to our single target. In fact, with the loss of 4pc T19 (whose entire value went into starsurge) in moving to 4 T20 (which has some value going into Starfall as well) our single target now is probably in a similar if not lower relative standing to the middle.

It's best not to think of that or the stellar drift nerf as buffs or nerfs to how our class compares to other classes. That looks like it was much more about balancing Starfall versus Starsurge within our spec. Especially with the new ring and the loss of T19 4 pc (and for most, 2pc) Starsurge and Starfall were getting very close single target with SotF/ring. Since starfall scales better with mastery than starsurge (Falling star is multiplicative, Empowerment is addititve), in the coming tiers of gear starfall could've just been the go to spell. They needed to buff Starsurge to keep it comfortably ahead relative to starfall.

Personally, I'd probably at this point actually prefer if the basic set up of the class wasn't to choose between starfall and starsurge as spenders but have starfall as a short term effect we try to constantly keep up even single target while squeezing in as many starsurges as possible.
    Last edited by thedeisel; 2017-06-02 at 02:08 PM.

Do we even have any sims at this point to compare to other classes, or are people just talking outta their arses?

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    Do we even have any sims at this point to compare to other classes, or are people just talking outta their arses?
    Most likely people are talking outta 9 months of disappointment regarding their spec.

There's a big thread on the NA forums of people complaining and/or providing constructive feedback, with posts from Cyous and Gapezilla and lots of others. Also Zoomkins, a Blizz employee (but not designer), drops in on Discord from time to time.
    I was thinking of a more unified stance and not the thread were Gapezilla basically says moonkin is fine (which is echoed by half the discord), people need to play better and flat out ignores all the actual data being posted.

They probably didn't have the time to look at re-designing FoE or StFl or WoE/Starlord, which are some of our biggest mechanical pain points and are, understandably, low priority.
    I don't agree with this... why exactly is it okay for Blizzard to ignore one spec and not the others ?
    At this point any kind of communication from Blizzard would suffice, just let us know what the plans are ( tell us why we are lower priority ) so we don't feel completely ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by wewe View Post
    At this point any kind of communication from Blizzard would suffice, just let us know what the plans are ( tell us why we are lower priority ) so we don't feel completely ignored.
    Don't worry, they promise(d) they'll improve communication

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    I have some sims done in my thread, but haven't had a look at comparing them to other specs.