Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    It cracks me up that Jaylock gets so much slack. Say 1 little thing, instantly get infracted. Other threads, locked down. What a joke this place is.
    Jaylock is Jaylock, let him be Jaylock, Okay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    yet another jaylock bait thread
    What is this so called 'bait'?

To be fair the negativity on this forum is really just horrible.

OT: I never needed to admit later on that Legion was a great expansion, I knew that the first month I played it. It's almost on par with Wotlk, which I rate as best expansion, up to this day. The only reason I rank Wotlk a tad higher is because of Northrend, the lore and just the general vibe.
    The music in Dragonblight, the first time I levelled there and just knowing what haunted me, story wise (LK), that was so awesome. And Grizzly Hills is one of my favorite zones in the game, trees, mountains, and awesome music.

But Legion brought a lot of content, story, and fun new gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    We won't, we'll just fault the mods for continuing to let you make these nauseating obviously fake bait threads over and over...
    Ive finally blocked you coz its getting ridiculous. I'm just surprised so many people can't see them for what they are , a waste of time and space :P
    Basically this. ^

7.2 is an utter abortion of content creation and has badly derailed / taken ALL of the steam out of this expansion. The new raid will be a godsend but the ball is in blizzards court to bring it home hard in 7.3 to keep this expansion interesting and bring back the engagement of 7.0 and Suramar.

For me, for 7.3+ to knock it out of the park, we need ALL of the following...

>A massive Argus zone that rivals vashjir in size (three zones in one)
    >A Suramar level city (such as Mac'aree) to engage with
    >A multi week story campaign that takes some time where we actually fucking do something (Suramar/Isle of Thunder level)
    >An Argus raid with ~12 or more bosses

Bonus: design the zone so that we can fly outright or gain flying VERY quickly and upon release, because fuck walking this late in an expansion cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    Warlords started off insanely strong, it wasn't till the end it fell apart. So a minor increase over what warlords was is very good.
    Revisionism. WoD was losing subscribers at a huge rate from the very first quarter or 2015, which was 1.5 months after launch. Legion has been out for 9 months.

WoD brought in a lot of subscribers from release hype. That started to die off quickly from minute one. I don't like to draw conclusions from what Blizzard said because it was so vague, but if what they meant was "Legion 9 months in is doing slightly better than WoD 9 months in", that's very bad.

Legion is great. It's an incredible breath of fresh air and then some after the unmitigated disaster that was WoD. And now that the last horrible trace of WoD (Alt!Gul'dan) has finally been erased, I feel even better. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    yet another jaylock bait thread
    I wonder how much he pays the mods.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Revisionism. WoD was losing subscribers at a huge rate from the very first quarter or 2015, which was 1.5 months after launch. Legion has been out for 9 months.

WoD brought in a lot of subscribers from release hype. That started to die off quickly from minute one. I don't like to draw conclusions from what Blizzard said because it was so vague, but if what they meant was "Legion 9 months in is doing slightly better than WoD 9 months in", that's very bad.
    Not revisionism at all and your next sentence proves it. The initial boom didn't really matter, it was all "TBC again!" hype. The game since the end of Wrath has been in a constant decline with every expansion losing more and more subscribers after the initial launch. If this expansion is doing "better" then WoD 9 months in, even if its slightly better, then it is a HUGE improvement because Cata, Mists, and Warlords were WORSE state then their previous expansion after launch.

This game is 10+ years old, it will never get back to 10mil~ subs, the fact that the game isn't bleeding subs anymore is actually an extremely positive thing, not at all "very bad".
    Last edited by Raone; 2017-06-01 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    he's more pointing out that it's another thread by Jaylock, who does nothing but post controversial topics

"Legion is doing good! You're all just NAYSAYERS!!" is no better than "Legion sucks! You're all blizzdrones!!!"
    Thus being completely irrelevant to the actual topic. The OP has stated a fact but appreciates discussion, that comment (and yours) are just derailing the topic and being counter-productive.

Let's just close off this childish discussion and go back to relevant matters, such as the great quality that Legion has pumped into World of Warcraft.

[QUOTE=Raone;45943580]
    This game is 10 months old, it will never get back to 10mil~ subs,...QUOTE]

These were the longest 10 months in my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaylock pls... Hide yourself with your Activision propaganda...

/10 chars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Basically this. ^

7.2 is an utter abortion of content creation and has badly derailed / taken ALL of the steam out of this expansion. The new raid will be a godsend but the ball is in blizzards court to bring it home hard in 7.3 to keep this expansion interesting and bring back the engagement of 7.0 and Suramar.

>A multi week story campaign that takes some time where we actually fucking do something (Suramar/Isle of Thunder level)

Bonus: design the zone so that we can fly outright or gain flying VERY quickly and upon release, because fuck walking this late in an expansion cycle.
    This man got it spot on, although I would add some attention to professions aswell, as they feel bland and unrewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Farming AP and legendary items. It sucks. And by the time you're finally finished you just want to quit the fucking game lol
    Then don't do that? My legendaries are filled and my AP goes up. I don't farm either. I'm still having fun...
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Basically this. ^

That is not enough. We would need to get at least a free state-of-the art gaming-PC sent to our home addresses and 100,000 of your local currency transferred to your bank accounts. That's the LEAST Blizzard can do for the freaking EUR 13 I pay every single month.

Seriously, the entitlement some people have is just astounding. You do know that most of the content up till 7.1 was more or less paid for by buying the expac. Now you want basically the same for free.

Yes, the Legionfall quests were a bit of a let-down, and they probably could have designed a quest-chain similar to the Suramar one, but to expect a massive new zone (or 3), a detailed city like in Suramar (that probably took a share of the total development time for Legion itself) AND a new raid with more bosses than we had before is just ridiculous.

Please get a grip on reality. The only way those additions could EVER be affordable would be if it was offered more like DLC like in other games for money. Personally I would like that, but unfortunately, with the entitlement going around the world, it would probably lack the necessary demand because "we want it for free".

PvE wise I have to agree. They have some bad things (class balance which they shift a lot, despite saying otherwise) But PvP wise things are in the worst spot in the history of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Thus being completely irrelevant to the actual topic.
    >pointing out that the topic is bait is irrelevant to the topic

lol okay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    >pointing out that the topic is bait is irrelevant to the topic

lol okay
    Pointing out or implying that the topic is bait or trolling goes against the rules. So yeah, it's both irrelevant and against forum policy.

Forum Rules

- Replying to a thread simply to call the author a troll (regardless of whether the post is actually trolling -- if you feel it is, please use the report button)

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

It's time to accept that everyone can, and should have their opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think it's safe to say Legion has been a massive success so far, and it only looks like it will be getting better in the weeks and months ahead.

Even though there are some design systems that a very small minority have called out as being "bad for the game," I would say that the majority sentiment is that of satisfaction. Every person that I have played with in the last several months have said this is the best expansion since TBC or WotLK.

What do you think? Is it about time to call this expansion for what it is?:. One of the best Blizzard has ever made?

Also don't fault me for being positive and optimistic about the game.
    If Legion would be massive success, Blizzard wouldn't hide sub numbers, cuz you should know, that Blizzard are very double-standarded guys: when xpack is successive - they yell about it on every corner, but when game fails - they say, that, well, it's not that important information to know.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

WoD and Legion have driven away a lot of my friends from WoW for good. Lol anecdotal evidence, but for the people who didn't enjoy Legion it would take something massive to bring them back after two disappointing expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    Are you living in lala land or something? Or some box where nothing bad gets in? The burnout is so bad, SOOO BAD that there is maybe 1 or 2 youtubers left that were originally wow channels. And one of them is a casual that never step foot in high end raiding lol.

Hell even in game just open your eyes.
    The burnout is bad if your play style involves PvE racing with others. Get the best gear and the highest strength fastest so you can do better than them.

But most players don't do that.

Pointing to the atypical high end players then saying the expansion is bad because they don't like it is just more hardcore entitlement. No, the game doesn't revolve around you or your kind of player.

A more casual player doesn't need to grind. Suppose you're willing to (for example) lag behind in AP by a month. Your AK will have gone up another six ticks by then, turning the AP grind into a cakewalk.

Maybe what's really got your goat here is that Blizzard is sending the implicit message that the high end players, with their PvE racing, aren't all that important. Or that the hardcore play style, where players burn content as fast as they can, is something that Blizzard is getting really annoyed with. This is pushing your insecurity button, which has always been what's enraged the hardcores about Blizzard catering to others.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2017-06-01 at 12:11 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"