Thread: Demon usage

Deleted

Question Demon usage

I've started playing my Warlock again recently and something hit me. I rarely use anything other than Grimoire of Supremacy so I can get the Infernal and Doomguard as permanent pets, which means my other demons aren't used. I remember the good old days where there was a synergy between spec and demon, so you'd see Affliction mostly using the Felhunter, Destruction went with the Gimp and Demo was all Felguard. But now? I can't seem to get a clear use for the old ones in PVE. Warlock isn't my main, so I'm not all that much into the finer details of the class, which brings me to the following question:

I can see the benefit in using them in PVP, but if we ignore PVP and focus on PVE, when and why do you use the old demons instead of the Grimoire of Supremacy and the Infernal and Doomguard?
    Last edited by mmoc4ce4b1614a; 2017-06-01 at 04:32 AM.

Permanent Doomguard for Aff and Imp with Destro using Grimoire of Service

As Affliction, the Grimoire of Supremecy provides the most DPS increase out of the other choices with the Doomguard.

As Destro, the Grimoire of Service is best for having a second imp as a cooldown. And for Destro the imp is the best pet overall because it gets buffed by your traits, same with the GoS imp that you can spawn, so they are able to do more damage than the Doomguard does. Not to mention having an imp, a stronger imp on cd, and your infernal gold trait cd, is better for them than having only a Doomguard.

As Demo your best pet is your Felguard that's exclusive to you. It has it's silence, a stun, and deals the most damage out of the 3. In terms of the grimoire, I believe you use the Grimoire of Service as well since the summoned pets damage, and the Doomguard cd with your Felguard is better than again only having Doomguard.

I wish they'd buff service for aff, I miss using the felhunter and the doomguard is so derpy lookin

Grimoire of Supremacy is shit for Destruction and Demonology.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could use the succubus for something because that new fel skin you can get for her from Cath is really good looking. Of course it's by far the most detailed demon model at the moment and nobody uses it... haha
    Last edited by Azarak; 2017-06-01 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    I wish I could use the succubus for something because that new fel skin you can get for her from Cath is really good looking. Of course it's by far the most detailed demon model at the moment and nobody uses it... haha
    There's literally no reason to use a Succubus unless you're PvPing as Demonology and take Pleasure through Pain. Blizzard needs to change it so that our demons work like hunter pets because until then, Enslave Demon is useless for virtually everything and as is most of our demons. Of course if Blizzard weren't overwhelmingly incompetent this wouldn't be an issue.

youre wrong to say literally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    There's literally no reason to use a Succubus unless you're PvPing as Demonology and take Pleasure through Pain. Blizzard needs to change it so that our demons work like hunter pets because until then, Enslave Demon is useless for virtually everything and as is most of our demons. Of course if Blizzard weren't overwhelmingly incompetent this wouldn't be an issue.
    Except for Arcway, where Enslave is insanely fun Well, except for the last boss resetting because of it during the run phase

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmat View Post
    youre wrong to say literally.
    Nobody wants to know about you loving yourself to the Succubus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Except for Arcway, where Enslave is insanely fun Well, except for the last boss resetting because of it during the run phase
    What is in there that you enslave that makes it so fun?

Which one do you enslave ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    The Eredars, they have a 50% haste and damage buff they can cast on you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Yep, these Eredar casters that can transform into bigger demons at death if not properly interrupted. They have a cast called Mark of the Legion or something that gives the target 30% haste and 30% increased damage for 20 seconds and is on a 30 second CD, so basically an improved bloodlust on whoever you decide worthy for 60% of the time.

Cool things that happen are:
    1) You're suddenly everyone's best friend because everyone wants that buff for the bosses
    2) If it lines up with Gul'dan trinket, Concordance and good shard refunds, you can shoot to 2.5M DPS in the first 20 seconds of the boss fight.

Things to watch out for:
    a) Enslave only lasts 5 minutes. Especially on higher m+, the chaos bolts of these mobs hurt badly, so watch that timer and if necessary release and re-enslave in advance of it running out
    b) When you die in a fight, the enslave breaks and you'll have another mob to fight. So don't die
    c) The pathing of these mobs is atrocious. You won't be able to skip any mob packs, even if they are cc'ed or cut corners by jumping because that stupid enslave has a rather large aggro radius
    d) Lastly and most annoyingly: At the final boss, the enslave will break during the intermission phase (when you are teleported and have to run back) and in 8 of 10 cases, the boss just resets after a while during this phase. So make sure to get the buff one last time and release & kill the mob before pulling last boss.

thanks a lot ! =)

Homophobia is so gay.

Yep, these Eredar casters that can transform into bigger demons at death if not properly interrupted. They have a cast called Mark of the Legion or something that gives the target 30% haste and 30% increased damage for 20 seconds and is on a 30 second CD, so basically an improved bloodlust on whoever you decide worthy for 60% of the time.

Cool things that happen are:
    1) You're suddenly everyone's best friend because everyone wants that buff for the bosses
    2) If it lines up with Gul'dan trinket, Concordance and good shard refunds, you can shoot to 2.5M DPS in the first 20 seconds of the boss fight.

Things to watch out for:
    a) Enslave only lasts 5 minutes. Especially on higher m+, the chaos bolts of these mobs hurt badly, so watch that timer and if necessary release and re-enslave in advance of it running out
    b) When you die in a fight, the enslave breaks and you'll have another mob to fight. So don't die
    c) The pathing of these mobs is atrocious. You won't be able to skip any mob packs, even if they are cc'ed or cut corners by jumping because that stupid enslave has a rather large aggro radius
    d) Lastly and most annoyingly: At the final boss, the enslave will break during the intermission phase (when you are teleported and have to run back) and in 8 of 10 cases, the boss just resets after a while during this phase. So make sure to get the buff one last time and release & kill the mob before pulling last boss.
    You know, I never thought to do that because usually we don't gain access to neat abilities like that. Of course, I know if Blizzard were to discover it being widely used they would make it so that you can't enslave them because Sargeras forbid we ever get to do anything useful with our spells.

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    You know, I never thought to do that because usually we don't gain access to neat abilities like that. Of course, I know if Blizzard were to discover it being widely used they would make it so that you can't enslave them because Sargeras forbid we ever get to do anything useful with our spells.
    I dont see how they dont by now. People are always looking for locks for high end arcway key runs due to it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd really like to use the supremacy Doomguard with Demonology. It's enjoyable to have a big fat demon standing next to me and casting. The felguard you never even see.

I just use the imp for Destruction, Voidwalker if I solo things since I like having a tank around. Alongside grimoire of Service for the extra imp on cd. Imp can be usefull as it does have some sort of dispell and a heal (albeit a bad one)

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I'd really like to use the supremacy Doomguard with Demonology. It's enjoyable to have a big fat demon standing next to me and casting. The felguard you never even see.
    Have you ever simmed and/or tested the difference? On ST for me the difference is 2.4% according to the latest sims I did and the warlock Discord has sims that put it less than 2k apart.

Personally though I do not like the Doomguard especially when bosses move and two more cooldowns are much more useful in my opinion. Of course the Doomguard will also soon fall behind as soon as there is another target.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Have you ever simmed and/or tested the difference? On ST for me the difference is 2.4% according to the latest sims I did and the warlock Discord has sims that put it less than 2k apart.

Personally though I do not like the Doomguard especially when bosses move and two more cooldowns are much more useful in my opinion. Of course the Doomguard will also soon fall behind as soon as there is another target.
    I'm aware, but I'm a perfectionist. I can't stand the thought of using an inferior talent.