Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I think the bigger question is "Why does it matter?" even IF Blizzard are doing it deliberately, and I'm not saying they are, but even if they were, why does it matter? Not only is it not illegal to do so, it's not even ethically bankrupt because the amount of final fantasy players that are suddenly going to stop caring about an expansion just because ONE raid in wow is coming out on the same day is so god damn small that there's probably more posts about this shit than people who are going to swap. The whole thing is just plain god damn stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Excellent. See you all in August.
    Not even in August... when 7.3 launch with more content...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    They don't. I bet they had this date planned for months.

Stormblood? lololol.

- - - Updated - - -

and yet, here you are on MMO-C. You obviously still care.
    Well yea, I obviously do still care about a game I have invested 7 years in. Just the lame ass "drag out the raid release for as long as fucking possible" since MoP has gotten to be very, very boring. I've lost all interest in the raid and simply won't be returning to it. Just gonna wait and see if the Argus patch will be worth coming back to. (And it probably will, seeing as how Blizz has released 0 content for 7.2 other than one of the worst questlines the game's ever seen, and has probably been saving all the content for the Argus patch)

Good thoughts for and against. I feel that while they may be doing it to spite and take the thunder away from other publishers, as was said it does also make sense that it's the end of quarter so results must be made. But no issue here, I'll be enjoying both games

good to know no point playing and wasting $ on sub before august 8

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You see, the thing is it's what you think vs the word of the industry's insider who happened to lead WoW development and who has 0 reason to be dishonest about it, nevermind the fact that his explanation is certainly making sense on it's own.

It does not matter what it "seems", for example in this particular case the fact that Blizzard has 6 months schedule they pledged to uphold seems like a much more plausible explanation why patch is on 20th - i.e. they planned it first and foremost a long time ago to keep the promise and not because FFXIV has expansion.
    so every time something big is coming out they just "happen" to have a patch coming on or a week off that date, huh?

Please, how gullible are you, even Ghostcrawler wouldn't say it because it's likely league would/could do the same thing.. it's just business practice, and that's that. Nothing personal in them lining up their dates.

For example, I guarantee you Necromancer on D3 will come out extremely close to when Path of Exile's expansion comes out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    You mean besides the all new zones, dungeons, raid, story, crafting, gathering, housing area, level cap increase, 2 new jobs, classes revamp, and any other stuff we don't know about yet?

But I'm sure you'll enjoy the hell out of your OMG BRAND NEW CINEMATIC GUYSZ!!!!111!1
    Just to follow how people here disect WoW's content.

Zone = Zone. we had new zones before so nothing new.
    Dungeon = Dungeon. Very un creative. I been in dungeons before, give us something new.
    Raid = Raid. Lets all kill a boss with slightly different things, so new! OMG! Not.
    Story = Story. Played trough loads of story lines before, its fun first time round so thats a good 2 hours of game play. Good job wasting all that money on 2 hours.
    Housing. How is this content? Why can't they invest the money into something we can actually do.
    Level cap, few new levels. whoop die doo. few hours of game play eugh.
    New jobs = old jobs. We seen them bfore, this isn't new, just rashed shit to milk the sub.
    Class revamp. Why can't they just leave sht alone! WE DIDENT ASK FOR THIS REVAMP! IT WAS FINE AS IT WAS!

So with the same eyes most people here look at blizzard shit.. we have 5/10 hours of game play max. rest is wasted dev hours on shit we diden't ask for and shit we did not need or count as actual content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Wrong, wrong, WRONG.

You don't have to be a FFXIV fanboy (hell, you don't even have to play FF) to know that it might not be a coincidence that the raid comes out the same day as FF's expansion, that's it, that's all.

As have other patches in the past, and with other games.
    Of course it has, its what companies do with the competition.
    Like every other fucking company on the planet does.

Eh. I'm already leaving once my time runs out.

Gating class mounts behind high ilvl champions when they promised we'd never have to do mission stuff for relevant content (like you know, the finale of the class hall stories) not okay.

Making us upgrade all of our legendaries one by one, REQUIRING m+ for it, and letting new legendaries drop already upgraded? Not okay.

AK40 cap, preventing people with more than 2 alts from actually reaching concordance before 7.3? Not okay.

And now this. Not unlocking LFR until August. No. What the fuck is wrong with Blizzard? They don't need 2 weeks in between LFR wings.

See y'all next expac. Maybe.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because FFXIV fanboys go into a thread about upcoming WoW raid unlocks and try to tie that to some bullshit conspiracy theory about how Blizz wants to destroy FF.

Nobody would even say "FFXIV" in this thread if not some FFXIV dolt rush in and start making conspiracy sandcastles.

Keep your pets in check, please and don't complain about them getting bitchslapped when they try to bite someone first.
    I don't care about FFXIV, but it's kinda obvious to me that WoW update will come same day - it's WoW biggest competition (no matter how big it's compared to WoW). FFXIV expac date was know for months, Blizz have little more freedom with raid releases.

On the other hand, kinda sad for ESO players - Blizz seems not give a shit about Morrowind release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Just to follow how people here disect WoW's content.

Zone = Zone. we had new zones before so nothing new.
    Dungeon = Dungeon. Very un creative. I been in dungeons before, give us something new.
    Raid = Raid. Lets all kill a boss with slightly different things, so new! OMG! Not.
    Story = Story. Played trough loads of story lines before, its fun first time round so thats a good 2 hours of game play. Good job wasting all that money on 2 hours.
    Housing. How is this content? Why can't they invest the money into something we can actually do.
    Level cap, few new levels. whoop die doo. few hours of game play eugh.
    New jobs = old jobs. We seen them bfore, this isn't new, just rashed shit to milk the sub.
    Class revamp. Why can't they just leave sht alone! WE DIDENT ASK FOR THIS REVAMP! IT WAS FINE AS IT WAS!

So with the same eyes most people here look at blizzard shit.. we have 5/10 hours of game play max. rest is wasted dev hours on shit we diden't ask for and shit we did not need or count as actual content.

Well don't pay attention to trolls. These would be content in wow as well. Would be being the operative word. Also, some of these disections complain about things that were requested by the players for years. So, yeah. One of the things both fandom has in common is that trolls are wrong on both sides.

Deleted
    lulz... You think that is even a consideration? Likely the quoted part is the reason - to keep plebs in check.
    yeah, but remember ds lfr? Raiders got 4-set bonuses in the first week (yes they also exploited a bug were they could run the same wing over and over again and get loot) but this is for a way to stop that. the set bonuses are insanely strong (maybe not the ToS ones).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

Gating class mounts behind high ilvl champions when they promised we'd never have to do mission stuff for relevant content (like you know, the finale of the class hall stories) not okay.

Making us upgrade all of our legendaries one by one, REQUIRING m+ for it, and letting new legendaries drop already upgraded? Not okay.

AK40 cap, preventing people with more than 2 alts from actually reaching concordance before 7.3? Not okay.

And now this. Not unlocking LFR until August. No. What the fuck is wrong with Blizzard? They don't need 2 weeks in between LFR wings.

Fuck off then. Lfr has always been like this. only thing you are right about is upgrading our legendaries one by one which is anoying as fuck.

First off, what do you consider "relevant" content? A mount? Second, where did Blizz ever "promise" they wouldn't put that behind missions?

Second, if doing a +2 to get the item to begin the quest, then a +2 each week for your 20/50 essences is too hard, sorry. +2 is what, a 16% buff over 0? Do a reg mythic, get your +2 stone, do it. Next Tuesday you get 2/5 of what you need for an upgrade and your next +2 stone. And what's the problem with upgrading them one at a time? First you upgrade the ones you use most, then you upgrade the ones you use less, then you upgrade the ones sitting in your bank cause might as well after a month or two.

AK40 is plenty. I got Concord on all 4 of my main's weapons early last week, no M+ grinding like people think they need to do. I could make a toon right now, get to 110, buy AK35, and easily have Concord before ToS comes out in 3 weeks.

If you don't like doing LFR in the first place, why are you raging that the wings are being gated? Also why are you acting like this is something new? Are you fishing for things to be upset about? They gated SWP, they gated ICC, they've been gating LFR since the beginning (I think?).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    What loser needs to PUG? I could raid with the guild but I (drumroll) *don't want to commit to set hours*.

It's not that I can't make the time etc. I could, but I don't WANT TO, so I usually LFR to see the instance. Occasionally I'll tag along on the guild raids here and there but they know I'm not going to do it week in and week out.

Since my 'raiding' is LFR and since Blizzard keeps stretching that out for 6-8 weeks past release, I have zero reason to come back much before August. Why should I pay for 2 months of gated content, esp in the middle of summer?
    And why should we give a single f*** if and when you come back? It seems, you only sub to see the instance anyway, so you'll join Aug 8, pay for a month, and then are gone again. As opposed to you joining Jun 20th, pay for a month, see the instance and are gone again. Makes absolutely no difference to Blizzard. And with your anti-social attitude it actually should make your guild be even happier to be rid of you for a bit longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Debatable if the mount is "part of the class hall campaign".

Who said that you need to do m+ to upgrade your leggies? Probably works like last time that you also can do it via Emissary chests.

AK 40 cap actually helps your alts more than it hurts them. Especially since they introduced that you have instant AK40 on every alt when you have it on your main.

LFR has always been gated. And rightfully so. Why should the "Idiot-Lottery" allow people to see a RAID instance before the actual raiders?

Good bye and good riddance. Seriously hope you won't come back next expac. I'm sure your constant shitposting about WoW is hurting Blizzard more than the 2-3 months a year sub fees they get from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Now this is representative why guilds aren't a thing anymore...
    I... think you misunderstand. My guild raids fine (we're on break until 6/20, but regardless) in heroic. We just organize a regular clear for a couple weeks to round out gear and learn mechanics before moving on. In the meantime, myself and a couple of the other leads/officers get our feet wet in pugs to become more familiar with the harder stuff to help the rest. I know several guilds that do exactly the same thing, which is why the first few weeks of pugging a new raid have been so awesome recently.

I don't see how this is representative of anything other than a heroic-raiding guild.

I don't come often read comments here, but I am stunned to see how people can become that stupid as soon as we're talking about two games that shares similarities.

Sorry for the desillusion but Blizzard don't give a shit about being in competition with FFXIV. Blizzard have not interests of doing that.
    In fact, Blizzard has never looked for compete with others MMOs, they just kept releasing contents and expansions when they were ready, following some schedule logics, and Blizzard will continue that way.

Believe it or not, but the famous saying of Blizzard : "When it's ready" is true.

I am not being naive and seeing Blizzard like some nice people who just want to make great games and please players. Of course this is a company looking for profit, but you can be sure that they do make profit without even thinking about playing a pissing contest with other game company.

We knew since the opening of the Nighthold back in january that the Tomb of Sargeras will be released in june, because it is always about 6 months between raid tiers within an expansion (I can telling you that the raid in Argus will be released in December). Blizzard probably knew back then that they will open it around the 20th. So, if the release date of a random expansion of FFXIV fall the same day than a patch of WoW, it's just a coincidence.

Don't misunderstand me, I really like FFXIV, I had some good time playing it. And yes I'm sure Blizzard did adjusted some of their releases dates for maximizing profits. But not this time.
    Last edited by Langbardr; 2017-06-01 at 01:07 PM.

Guild Wars 2 PVP feature pack drops June 20 as well, are they trying to ruin FF release as well? fuckin fanboys

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    "Players used to ask if we launched a WoW patch on a particular day in order to compete with a big announcement from some other studio. Alas, if only this industry was that agile. Big launches are cemented months in advance and only slip if catastrophe would ensue sans delay."

https://askghostcrawler.tumblr.com/p...e-thinking-why

From a recent Ghostcrawler post. But ofc they are all lying and bullshitting and your theory gotta be true
    Someone needs to check the definition of the word "MIGHT".

Never said it was my theory btw, just that it's POSSIBLE.

And yeah, Blizz devs/former devs NEVER lied to us, nuh-uh
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Seriously? Blizz is still gating LFR? wtf
    Uh, it's been like this for long enough that it shouldn't be a shock
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    This is perfect. Gives my guild just about 2 weeks to get down Mythic Gul'dan, seems like the content will last exactly the months it was meant to

FFXIV: Stormblood's launch date.

SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE.

/JimNabors