Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    We're not getting a 3% aura buff rofl. We're getting a 3% buff on deathstrike (???), sindragosa's fury, frost fever, howling blast, and frostscythe, a talent that we may or may not be taking. That's far less than 3% damage for more than a 3% overall damage nerf, even taking into account moving from t19 to t20. I absolutely agree that something had to be done about blast radius relics, but I don't think nerfs that result in a direct nerf to the spec with no compensation for it is the right way to go about it.

Maybe in aoe situations where we take frostscythe with the new buffs to it we'll come out ahead but definitely not on single target.
    Last edited by Akusa202; 2017-06-01 at 07:29 AM.

Deleted
    A nerf to BR was sadly inevitable. With T19 gone the damage contribution of HB would be way lower anyway.

Hopefully this is not the last build and the Aura will get a higher number and/or include more spells.

On the bright side: No more farming of BRH, yay!

you definitely won't come out ahead on aoe with frost scythe. this 20%+ nerf to howling blast damage, which is the largest chunk of damage we have, makes no sense. DK's aren't even a top performing spec. We're solidly middle of the pack, no idea what they think justifies a nerf of this magnitude, and the aura 'buff' is just sugar coated trash to abilities we don't use regularly, or don't account for a large enough chunk of our damage to make a difference. If this goes live, we'll likely be one of the worst performing specs in the game.
    boosted death strike damage... yay? this is a survival tool that isn't used for its dps at all. It could do zero damage and no one would care. Its used to heal.
    boosted frost breath... ok...why? Sindy doesn't need a buff, but i'll take it i guess.
    boosted frost fever... yay again? 5-7% of our damage boosted 3% is less than a 0.1% overall boost. meaningless.
    frostscythe, hard to tell, but useless on ST, I haven't researched yet if it will be worth taking for aoe at all, hard to say.
    and lastly howling blast boosted 3%... after being nerfed into the ground. Are they hoping we'll see the 'buff' and not notice the massive nerf to the artifact trait? Is it being thrown in as a slap in the face for playing an average performing spec? Punishment for asking why there are no howling blast frost relics?

Oh! and remember that chest that was OP. Yes! it got destroyed, stacks to 20 every 2 secs now.

I suggest everyone to post on the PTR forums and make some noise, It makes difference just like we did when they changed that T20 bonus.
    Last edited by Khain; 2017-06-01 at 08:16 AM.

and with that the helm legy goes down ...

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Oh! and remember that chest that was OP. Yes! it got destroyed, stacks to 20 every 2 secs now.

I suggest everyone to post on the PTR forums and make some noise, It makes difference just like we did when they changed that T20 bonus.
    That chest was 30% of my dps in tests....

Maybe go to PTR, do some tests and show your result here. Then we could talk about those. No need for whining yet. Frost already has strong legendaries so i would be more worried they would nerf the bracers now with T20 boosting pillars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akusa202 View Post
    We're not getting a 3% aura buff rofl. We're getting a 3% buff on deathstrike (???), sindragosa's fury, frost fever, howling blast, and frostscythe, a talent that we may or may not be taking. That's far less than 3% damage for more than a 3% overall damage nerf, even taking into account moving from t19 to t20. I absolutely agree that something had to be done about blast radius relics, but I don't think nerfs that result in a direct nerf to the spec with no compensation for it is the right way to go about it.

Maybe in aoe situations where we take frostscythe with the new buffs to it we'll come out ahead but definitely not on single target.
    You are compleletely wrong. Aura includes over 20 spells like obliterate, breath of sindragosa, crystaline swords too. Only auto hits seem to be missing.

Just look closer!

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137006/frost-death-knight

... click "see more".

Back
    DatabaseSpellsUncategorized
    Add to list...Links
    Frost Death Knight

Report Ad
    Frost Death Knight

Modifies Damage/Healing Done 0%:
    Death Strike, Frost Breath, Frost Fever, Frostscythe, Howling Blast

Modifies Periodic Damage/Healing Done 0%:
    Death Strike, Frost Breath, Frost Fever, Frostscythe, Howling Blast
    Quick Facts
    Added in patch 5.2.0.16408
    Icon: ability_mage_firestarter
    Screenshots
    None yet – Submit one!
    Videos
    None yet – Suggest one!
    Spell Details
    Duration n/a
    School Physical
    Mechanic n/a
    Dispel type n/a
    GCD category n/a
    Cost None
    Range 0 yards (Self)
    Cast time Instant
    Cooldown n/a
    GCD 0 seconds
    Effect #1 Apply Aura: Modifies Damage/Healing Done
    Affected Spells:
    Frost Breath Death Strike Frost Fever
    Frostscythe Howling Blast
    See more
    Hypothermia Frost Strike Obliterate
    Frozen Soul Remorseless Winter Glacial Advance
    Frozen Pulse Obliterate Off-Hand Razorice
    Avalanche Breath of Sindragosa Howling Blast
    Crystalline Swords Crystalline Swords
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-06-01 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post

You are compleletely wrong. Aura includes over 20 spells like obliterate, breath of sindragosa, crystaline swords too. Only auto hits seem to be missing.
    huh? he is exactly stating that. were NOT getting an aura buff. So we DONT get buffs to those skills you just listed :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    huh? he is exactly stating that. were NOT getting an aura buff. So we DONT get buffs to those skills you just listed :P
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-q2pfefV8te...d-riker-2.jpeg

Believe whatever you want to. I even posted a link to the COMPLETE aura and yet people believe mmo champ although it makes no sense to buff only 5 abilities...
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-06-01 at 09:22 AM.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-q2pfefV8te...d-riker-2.jpeg

Believe whatever you want to. I even posted a link to the COMPLETE aura and yet people believe mmo champ although it makes no sense to buff only 5 abilities...
    regardless of who is right, overall this change is a nerf to frost dk's. a 3% buff doesn't make up for the blast radius nerf. At best this is a 2% overall nerf, which isnt necessary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaesden View Post
    regardless of who is right, overall this change is a nerf to frost dk's. a 3% buff doesn't make up for the blast radius nerf. At best this is a 2% overall nerf, which isnt necessary.
    Thats what i said. A 1.5% to 2% nerf. In return you can pick up higher ilvl relics now.

And with T19 going away we are going to see a lot less HBs anyways now. Rime proc chance will decrease by 30% and we might replace belt with bracers so less obliterate and therefor less HB.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-06-01 at 09:33 AM.

ah sweet whine, luckily i like unholy better anyway. (and i never got that stupid brh relic eiter...)

Thats what i said. A 1.5% to 2% nerf. In return you can pick up higher ilvl relics now.

And with T19 going away we are going to see a lot less HBs anyways now. Rime proc chance will decrease by 30% and we might replace belt with bracers so less obliterate and therefor less HB.
    Do you have any proof that wowhead is right and mmo-c & wowdb are wrong other than because you said so? Obviously one of the sites is wrong, but I'd like to see some evidence as to which one is correct.

Deleted
    Right now in a mostly ST Fight HB is roughly 20-25% of our Damage. Assuming 7/7 BR HB will hit for 142% instead of 170%. 142/170 -> 83,5%. Thats a 16,5% nerf to HB if you have 3 BR Relics.
    Now lets reduce the 20% by 16,5%. HB would be 16,7%-20,8% of total DMG. So thats rougly a 3-4% overall nerf. The 3% aura *should* be ok.
    On top oft that we should also keep in mind that the damage contribution of HB will drop anyway as soon as we switch from T19 to T20. Thus the aura should overcompensate the nerf – assuming Klatar is right and every Spell is buffed by 3%, which makes a lot more sense than just 5 Spells and esp. Deathstrike being one oft hem.

If you don't agree with these changes, post on the ptr and class development forums and make your voice heard. Because don't expect others dks to do it because everyone on the dk discord is convinced these nerfs aren't a big deal and some even go as far as calling them buffs LOL.

When one relic (Blast Radius) completely outshines all other relics there is a need of BALANCING. It should be common sense.

Deleted
    welp, time to reroll a new class i guess. god damn it blizz. why u hate us??
    Because you keep re-rolling, maybe?

OT: anyone not seeing this coming was delusional. It's a problem when we only have one desirable relic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    When one relic (Blast Radius) completely outshines all other relics there is a need of BALANCING. It should be common sense.
    yeah i have 3 910-915 BR relics and i cant be mad at this change it was common sense to see this comming.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trying to be "that" guy, but you can't be surprised Frost is getting nerfed, you just can't be. You've been riding the Frost gravy train and now it's sadly being toned down, but understandably.

It's like the Guardian Druid gravy train that came to an end when Mark of Ursol was deleted from the game. In fact, the removal of Mark of Ursol should be seen as a sign. No more gravy trains.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I'm not trying to be "that" guy, but you can't be surprised Frost is getting nerfed, you just can't be. You've been riding the Frost gravy train and now it's sadly being toned down, but understandably.

It's like the Guardian Druid gravy train that came to an end when Mark of Ursol was deleted from the game. In fact, the removal of Mark of Ursol should be seen as a sign. No more gravy trains.
    Gravy train? The gravy train that helped DKs stick to being a solid "middle of the pack"? Makes total sense, frost DKs were performing too well if there were some specs below it..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Gravy train? The gravy train that helped DKs stick to being a solid "middle of the pack"? Makes total sense, frost DKs were performing too well if there were some specs below it..
    Frost DK didn't become the god mode, god button spec until later on in the expansion, Unholy got robbed, I think everyone seems to forget that, in fact, Frost was complete trash.

"Press one button and do 1 billion damage" yes, that's gravy train in my eyes because other specs have stupid clunky rotations and can barely scrape middle.