Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakka2k View Post
    And i thought Mythic BoTa is about Focus Dmg and not Meter padding through Adds.
    Mouseover macro TG on the guy the farthest away from the main target. Getting huge DoTs rolling on the priority target is very valuable. Padding the meters is a nice benefit on the side.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakka2k View Post
    And i thought Mythic BoTa is about Focus Dmg and not Meter padding through Adds.
    There is a way to increase your single target damage through Bloodlet in the first 2 phases of the fight. All it takes is to know how the bracers actually work.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

not like its a huge secret homie

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Go Botanist and tell me how you outdamage Bloodlet + Bracers with your Shoulders (on Single Target aka Mythic).
    Ya, mention the one fight that helps your point
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

@Shirofune

While I agree with most of your points whatsoever, I don't agree with "CoF is a shit no matter the situation". Very rarely CoF can find usage in very specific and niche scenarios, and not for everybody's killtimers and item setups.

Deleted
    CoF is fantastic for resetting the CD on meta during trash in M+

Rest of the time it's taking up bag space

Quote Originally Posted by Heallygood View Post
    CoF is fantastic for resetting the CD on meta during trash in M+

Rest of the time it's taking up bag space
    I looted a 925 version... it has been sitting in my bags since :-(.

if only they added a good amount of mastery or crit to it, it would be.... legendary

Wow guys there's a ton of good mythic guldan tips in this thread!

This is assuming you are heroing at the start of the fight.
    If you glide as the bubble explodes, you can start on him right away. Start with Prolonged Power, Old War won't really do much with how the fight starts

All CDs + Extra Action Button except Fury of the Illidari right after the bonds explode
    I use Fury when the jailer comes out, it's back up for the second Eyes
    Eyebeam every set of Eyes
    Take Netherwalk so you don't need to wait on healer bubble if it's too spread or it's too slow
    Hold second CB+Nem for just after the bonds so you don't waste it if you get the bond, they come off CD at roughly the same time as the bond
    FR during Winds on him and double jump + glide after, you will stay on him for full damage instead of getting blown across the room like everyone else
    Since I'm soaking, I use Meta + CB + Nem + Old War during the second eye and don't switch to it. FR during winds again to stay on him to do damage (Depending on Damage, you may be able to save pot for p3)
    Save 4th CB + Nem for just after flames so again you can't accidentally waste it

If Gul'dan isn't dead at this point, you have to deal with another storm and eye, and I don't know the timing for that sorry.

I haven't really done the Soul well, I end up saving all CDs until the 3 orb explosion but you may be able to use a CB+Nem before. Not sure on timing.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Instead of being like that why not just say you don't understand how the fight works?
    Well if were talking mythic its just padding, the dmg is irrelevant on the other adds on mythic, and all that matters is last phase dps. But if your intent on cheesing then having a focus macro on the last target your going to kill with bloodlet + lego wrists gets you the big hits on your current target giving a higher tick.

Best thing for Botanist is go 1 meta relic, AothG + Shoulders and have meta for start of each Phase.

That is a dmg increase single target over bloodlet. All bloodlet does is just pads the meters from dmg that justgets reset anyway so really actually contributing nothing to the fight.

heroic = fill your boots with bloodlet.

But for the original question to this thread, best tip is got lego ring + wrists and go bloodlet, it really helps out in last phase with parasites/big adds and P1/2 with eyes. Other than that there is really no DH tips for Gul'dan its just nuke nuke nuke, nothing interesting really going on for a melee to do.
    Last edited by Thraps; 2017-06-10 at 12:51 AM.

Bracers with bloodlet is not cheesing bot jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    It does when you said Shoulders (2 min metas) are the best for every fight.
    Even for single target currently bloodlet+Moarg is out damaging double meta's and pulls even further ahead if there is a chance for the cleave for myself. So no 2 min meta are not the best for every fight,

PS I beat our better geared DH that thinks the same as you do, guess what he changed from crap COF and shoulders to my build and is now competitive with me.

With haste becoming better you will see shoulders pull ahead soon but not until 2 pc T20

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Even for single target currently bloodlet+Moarg is out damaging double meta's and pulls even further ahead if there is a chance for the cleave for myself. So no 2 min meta are not the best for every fight,

PS I beat our better geared DH that thinks the same as you do, guess what he changed from crap COF and shoulders to my build and is now competitive with me.

With haste becoming better you will see shoulders pull ahead soon but not until 2 pc T20
    Read well, I said DoG are crap.

Save the big AoE for eyes, be very careful of positioning for bonds, make sure to avoid other melee and plan your outs for fire in and focus eyes in phase 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zasriel View Post
    It has been shown I don't know how many times on this forum that this can be easily done without CoF. And CoF takes a valuable trinket slot and gives you very little in return.

I also started progression on Gul'dan about a week ago and posted a similar thread.

From my experience so far (we're getting to 3rd phase - Illidan), run Bloodlet + Mo'arg as talents/legendaries. Save Meta for after the 1st bonds. I delay FotI for the first eye spawn. I pop my ExtraAction button immediately after the first liquid hellfire.
    Ummm no it isn't unless you have shoulders rofl, like seriously what is easier to get CoF or DoG? THINK B4 TYPE. Also no trinket will net you around 70-100 million damage inside of 2 minutes, nice try tho. Meta will provide roughly at least 70 million extra damage if lined up w/ your other CD's its a fact.

The only point CoF loses its luster is fights that are cut short by raids that completely overgear the content and are farming, which has nothing to do with best in slot. BiS has to do w/ the next tier, going in to ToS you want to be BiS and assuming you're going to faceroll every boss in 2 minutes is the stupidest asshole thing I've heard.
    Last edited by VooDsXo; 2017-06-12 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Meta will provide roughly at least 70 million extra damage if lined up w/ your other CD's its a fact.
    I felt the need to create an account just to mention how utterly ridiculous this claim is

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Ummm no it isn't unless you have shoulders rofl, like seriously what is easier to get CoF or DoG? THINK B4 TYPE. Also no trinket will net you around 70-100 million damage inside of 2 minutes, nice try tho. Meta will provide roughly at least 70 million extra damage if lined up w/ your other CD's its a fact.

The only point CoF loses its luster is fights that are cut short by raids that completely overgear the content and are farming, which has nothing to do with best in slot. BiS has to do w/ the next tier, going in to ToS you want to be BiS and assuming you're going to faceroll every boss in 2 minutes is the stupidest asshole thing I've heard.
    Your average opener is 70-100M without belt? No, even better, JUST META is giving you 70-100M damage per use?

Please link your logs you god of DH's, because noone in the world does that kind of damage.

I'm using bracers/ring so this is the fight for me.

1. Pre-pot Prolonged Power
    2. Fel rush as he knocks you back, into felblade and start damaging him, don't blow cd's while he is moving to the tank.
    3. Once all bonds are broken, extra action button + meta. I wait for the Trapper to spawn, then i pop arcane torrent + nem + cb on Gul'dan. Throw glaive x2 off gul'dan onto trapper. Spam Annihilate on Gul'dan until adds are about to spawn, pop Fury of the illidari when eyes spawn as well as eye beam through them and trapper. Throw glaive off Gul'dan on cooldown to get bleeds on trapper (since focusing and blowing cooldowns on trapper on pull is a HUGE dps loss on Gul'dan).
    4. Eye beam second set of eyes, fury won't be up by then if you wait for first eyes to use it.
    5. Eye beam + fury third set of eyes
    6. CB+Nem on Gul'dan as soon as it comes up (preferably after bonds go out).
    7. Boss should be pushed into p2 if your dps is good, no second add, no empowered eye and no bonds.
    8. As Gul'dan becomes attackable, 2x throw glaive into him, winds start pushing back, FR or VR into the winds and Felblade onto Gul'dan to keep dpsing him.
    9. Fury of the Illidari when empowered eye spawns + eye beam.
    10. Meta comes off cooldown after the second empowered eye in p2. Kill the eye. You get pushed back to the other side. Sometimes I wait for Flames to go out to pop Meta + cb + nem, sometimes I don't (and pray to RNGesus). If RNG fucks you, it can waste your whole window, but at the same time if you wait on Meta, he will be casting Storm of the Destroyer while you're only half way into Meta, losing a lot of uptime. I'm still not sure if delaying it here for after the Storm is the right call, but the problem is that there is double Eye spawns after this Storm. I also don't want to delay it for too long as I want it to be up for the last phase when you have the huge damage buff. Also delaying it here causes CB+Nem to be out of sync.
    11. Move out for Storm. I netherwalk back in to get ready to dps the Eye he spawns. Kill eye, back to boss, eye spawns a few seconds later, eye beam and kill eye.
    12. Boss should be around 13-14% at this point. After the Storm I just use FOTI as soon as it's up so I have it for first set of parasites that spawn.
    13. When Demon within spawns, I throw 2x glaive while he is in the air, blur for when he lands, then fel rush during the knockback into a felblade and start killing.
    14. FOTI CB and Nem should all be up for first set of parasites. I pop cooldowns here and blow up first set of parasites. Throw glaive off Soul Fragments onto the demon within. Also make sure that you get on top of the parasites after they spawn to damage them or you get reduced damage against them.
    15. Keep killing parasites and Soul fragments, save last CB+Nem for the big damage phase.
    16. Our kills have been getting quicker, so Bloodlust was normally up for the big burn phase but now it's still like 20-30 seconds on the debuff when we come out of second night orb.
    17. Pop all cooldowns for the big damage buff phase. Kill boss.
    18. Depending on dps, you might need to Imprison a Soul fragment. If you have to do so, make sure to focus target it and have a macro that casts imprison on Focus target.

Last log of Gul'dan Mythic: Logs

10+ Year Old Account
    7.2.5 still using Bloodlet w/ Mo'arg? Or DoG + FB?