Why exactly does this game run some kind of server on your machine? That is very weird and retarded design, and only LoL and TESO use it. It makes it incompatible with the dynamic IP addresses. Did the developers comment on this design?

Quote Originally Posted by Haligy View Post
    on official gw 2 forum ppl say
    I've heard that EU has some population problems, don't know. I know that the US servers has no such issues with players being there. Especially with the meta events, it's almost always packed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    So bought morrowind. What a disappointment that was. It definitely not worth $40 for the amount of content you get. It can't even be called an expansion. It's a DLC.
    It should give the base game for free.
    Even it doesn't, it should sell both for $50.

Many places are selling the base games for $10.
    It only causes confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    It only causes confusing.
    No it doesn't. It's an expansion for a MMO, the same shit that's been released for damn near two decades. What's the confusing part about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No it doesn't. It's an expansion for a MMO, the same shit that's been released for damn near two decades. What's the confusing part about it?
    lets be real here, Morrowind is NOT an expansion, it's an overpriced DLC.

It's more akin to the Adventure Packs that SOE used to sell for EQ1/2. Larger than a regular update (or in this case DLC), but not quite the size (or price) of a full fledged expansion either.

For the sake of simplicity I'm simply referring to it as an expansion.

Deleted
    "Morrowind is no expansion.." mimimi.. People parrot this complain over and over.

Sorry, but it is. New class, a large new questing region, new dungeons.. i just played half of the new region, and it is worth the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    "Morrowind is no expansion.." mimimi.. People parrot this complain over and over.

Sorry, but it is. New class, a large new questing region, new dungeons.. i just played half of the new region, and it is worth the money.
    Then Wrothgar is an expansion as well. Only thing it didn't have is a new class.

What kind of arbitrary requirements does it need to fulfill to be "worthy" of being called an expansion in your opinion?

It comes with a new class, new PVP battlegrounds, new dungeons, a new raid, and the biggest new landmass so far (bigger than Craglorn and Wrothgar).

Have you played it? I am just starting with a Warden, but I am having a blast so far.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post

It may be worth your money, but it is not worth mine.
    IMO it is just a pathetic cash grab.

Before I begin let it be known that i was a hardcore WoW raider who played solidly for ten years straight up until Legion where I quit.

I have been playing Elder Scrolls Online for about 2 weeks now exclusively with the Steam Controller on my TV and Couch and i have to say it's some of the most FUN I've had with an MMO in a long time. As i'm playing, I get the feeling I got from WoW ten years ago, when I first strolled into my first Dead Mines group. A sense of wonder and wanting to explore.

This game has literally blown my drawers off with how giant and how much content it has to offer. At first i wasn't considering getting a subscription, but next paycheck I am definitely signing up for the monthly sub fee. There are just too many things that i'd like to buy off that in-game store.

And the COMBAT in this game. It is so different than WoW's and so refreshing and fun. Using a big two handed sword at level 30 feels great. Each swing has weight to it and I actually feel my blade connecting with my enemies. I actually have to block attacks and parry like an actual duelist. The clash of steel and the "umph" my character experiences is something I haven't felt in MMOs before.

The best part of this game and what sets it apart from the rest is how much of a sense of 'being there' you get from just playing. Where as in other MMOs, where I feel like i'm moving around an action figure, ESO makes me feel more like i'm INSIDE of the world, looking through my character's eyes.

Such a great game. It has been some time that a game has had me thinking about it so much when I am not playing.
    Last edited by XangXu; 2017-06-02 at 08:08 AM.

I also enjoyed how it felt like you were hitting the target it adds a little bit of impact and getting down the timing of light attacks between skills was great and rewarded you if you did it right made combat feel more impact full for me.

Of course that system killed my hand if I played the game too much lol.

I just play it like a single-player game, and so far it's been a very fun and relaxing experience. I already do most of the raiding in WoW and I have no interest in raiding in another MMO, it would be too exhausting. I love the fact the ESO and Morrowind is very solo friendly.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    What kind of arbitrary requirements does it need to fulfill to be "worthy" of being called an expansion in your opinion?
    At least 30% of content included in the base game. If it is less, it is DLC.

I'm glad I didn't buy it, I'll just wait for the inevitable bundle
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm glad I didn't buy it, I'll just wait for the inevitable bundle
    The price has already dropped.
    I got Morrowind + base game for $31

The Morrowind map is really small.
    I hope I can get some good gear from it.

7+ Year Old Account
    how is the game currently?

me and my friends are thinking about buying it during the steam summer sale soon.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-06-04 at 04:47 PM. Reason: i meant Steam! not 'season'! fuck my brain.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    how is the game currently?

me and my friends are thinking about buying it during the season summer sale soon.
    I'm enjoying Morrowind, there's a lot of nostalgia treats if you have played the single player game.

As for the game's health, I say it's doing very well. There's always people running around doing quests and the popular hubs are very much packed with players. Right now it's one of the top MMOs in terms of content delivery and player population.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The price has already dropped.
    I got Morrowind + base game for $31

The Morrowind map is really small.
    I hope I can get some good gear from it.
    was that from legal non shady sources? because the only legit discounts that are available that i know of, are the usual 20% off on GmG, amazon, etc. its not even officially out yet.

as for is it worth it? delves and public dungeons alone are absolutely sprawling. i found that there's quite a bit to do and i figure people who have gotten completion achievements - had to have been skipping all the dialogue and positively sprinting through it.

haven't tried the trial yet, probably in a next few weeks, but been hearing some very good things about it. story is pretty fun and the map itself is pretty gorgeous, I would say its slightly bigger then wrothgar and honestly? if i were to guess, Zos overextended themselves with wrothgar and realized that there is absolutely no way they could afford to release another content block anywhere near that magnitude without charging for it separately. but they really wanted to make that sort of content. hence - chapter idea. to me, it was worth the cost. I have paid more for games that I finished in fraction of the time.

honest, I will never understand the gear chase as a primary goal. why? what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    was that from legal non shady sources? because the only legit discounts that are available that i know of, are the usual 20% off on GmG, amazon, etc. its not even officially out yet.
    cdkeys.com

The key is scanned. My guess is a physical box from a weak currency country.