0 0%
  • Conduct on market research to find out how much revenue could be lost

8 30.77%
  • Think about my actions and how they effect Barron Trump

17 65.38%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    I mean, there are very few strict Catholics left in America; I wouldn't be concerned.
    I guess that is where the definition of strict comes in. Most of those immigrants flooding in from south of the border come from predominantly Catholic families.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    This is the problem with religion.

They don't like birth control. So they don't want anyone else to have it either. What asinine logic that is. It's like saying cold temperatures are from the devil and thus anyone who lives outside the equator is a sinner and a valid target for attack.

Also all those poll choices suck. Would do exactly none of those. You either stand by your convictions and words or you don't.
    Orly mall Security?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    It is idiotic is what it is. Devout Catholics don't use birth control so a boycott of birth control products is pointless.
    Yeah but the over all public might, you dismiss them will that cost your bottom line?

People boycott things all the time or claim they will never vote for a party they fundamentally disagree with and never have or would vote for, so the topic at hand is very relevant
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah well fundamentally and personally I am against abortion as a practice all together, and I am not even Catholic, but this thread is about the question at hand. What would you do if you were a business or a company in charge of the production of a product such as a TV show, and were threatened with a boycott in this manner.
    Not a lot of birth control product commercials out there. They are not just mainstream commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehshocka View Post
    Orly mall Security?
    Are you actually insinuating we're the same person....
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    They should boycott the greatest birth control of all, abstinence. That'll show everyone how strict they are.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Are you actually insinuating we're the same person....
    No I was pointing out your post to him.

Eh, no. Boycotting a product that you have never bought has no effect on the sale of the product.
    Not in the age where companies cave in even before thinking the whole thing through. A threat of boycott is usually enough to get the company to meet your demands.

Has nothing to do with who I like, it could be my own relative, the ultimate harm from greed and a skewed economic system unchecked is unacceptable. And you feel free to call whatever you want, but I am not seeking your permission, acceptance or understanding. You asked a me about a position and I explained it, I am moving on.
    It has everything to do with it. You don't like that people have money, and you want to forcibly take it from them as punishment. That sounds pretty fucking selfish to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I guess that is where the definition of strict comes in. Most of those immigrants flooding in from south of the border come from predominantly Catholic families.
    Where do devout Catholics rank on the scale compared to fundamentalist evangelical Protestants would be a good question to parse out.

Deleted
    Wont matter. Pro Life Catholics wont use such a product. Cant lose a customer you never had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro life strict Catholics threaten to boycott your birth control product, If you don't pull you advertising on The Late Show what would you do?
    I'm pretty sure strict catholics are against using birth control to begin with, so them threatening to boycott something they are not even using doesn't mean much.
    Last edited by zephid; 2017-06-01 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you maybe right, but I very much doubt it.

Have you personally joined in on this pointless boycott?
    Pointless boycott?? I don't know if I ever felt compelled to boycott it would never be for something pointless. But to answer your question, NO not often, because before I do business with anyone that I view as a luxury usually I do research on the owners or those running the company.

If it is something however I feel there isn't much of a choice, I will voice my disagreement, but I would never make some empty threat to boycott, because it's disingenuous and takes power away from that position.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It has everything to do with it. You don't like that people have money, and you want to forcibly take it from them as punishment. That sounds pretty fucking selfish to me.
    Well I think people starving to death because of how people FEEL about a piece of paper or useless morals is a hell of a lot more selfish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    I'm pretty sure strict catholics are against using birth control to begin with, so them threatening to boycot something they are not even using doesn't mean much.
    Yeah but what about the over all appearance company's cave political parties compromise frequently to appease those that really have no position because not to looks bad.

Deleted
    Yeah but the over all public might, you dismiss them will that cost your bottom line?
    Why would the public react to strict Catholics not buying what they already don't buy?

Pro Life movement(s) - ISIS of West world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

They threaten to boycott a product they don't use?
    ^this.
    A strict Catholic doesn't need birth control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Why would the public react to strict Catholics not buying what they already don't buy?
    Public pressure and their bottom line, they don't want to look bad

Catholic church?

Is that still a thing?

Deleted
    Public pressure and their bottom line, they don't want to look bad
    The public doesn't want to look bad?.
    I'm not following you here.
    A boycott is not buying stuff. Pro life strict Catholics are /always/ performing that boycott. What would pressure anyone to change their behaviour if prolifestrictCatholics are not changing theirs?.

"Overall public?"
    The thread topic is about "strict Catholics;" are you moving the goalposts to include everyone now?