Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    OP literally states "I never even bothered with missions"

He's not creating a fresh character and facing time gated content. He could have been doing this minimal effort activity all along, but didn't bother to. Now he has to wait instead of getting all class mounts instantaneously.

It's only bullshit if you think you're entitled to all class mounts immediately, which is ridiculous. Do the damn content and you will get your reward. Eventually.
    It's not about characters which are 110 since last September. It's about alts which only dinged recently. Honestly, people, start thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yes, and the only use for followers is getting the class mount. Oh, wait, no. Followers are also a pretty powerful source of stuff like AP.
    Re-read first post. This thread is all about nerfing followers just to get the class mount, not to gain AP on your alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    My only problem with the quest was we got a chest and 15K resources as the reward, honesty should of been a chest with a Legendary follower item in it.
    Yeah I think a leg follower item would have been sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Re-read first post. This thread is all about nerfing followers just to get the class mount, not to gain AP on your alt.
    No, this thread is about how absurd follower levelling is at this point, using the current week's Legionfall quest as an example.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    You might need to wipe your eyes with a kleenex or something, they are about as red as they can be
    Are you even trying? Blizzard won't send you a beta invite to the next expansion for mindlessly defending them on a third party site you know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Are you even trying? Blizzard won't send you a beta invite to the next expansion for mindlessly defending them on a third party site you know.
    Wah wah, anyone who disagrees with me are brown nosing Blizzard wah wah!

Deleted
    Mmo champion snowflake outrage Episode #12239855736763763

Not everybody, but there's definitely a lot of senseless Blizzard whiteknighting going on. Just because an issue doesn't affect you doesn't mean it's not an issue.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I can understand, to a degree, the aversion to Class Halls after Garrisons for some people, but the phone app + 9 months of Legion makes it hard to feel sorry for anyone that can't run these missions at this point.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    But, it's just a mount gated behind followers?

It doesn't alter gameplay or give a competitive advantage, so if you don't want to level the followers, then don't, just understand you don't get the cosmetic award associated with it.
    Now, if it was a super awesome class item of supreme amazingness that is absolutely required to play the game at any level, then sure, it would prevent alts from being competitive, but just a mount? Just get it over time.
    This expansion will last a while longer, and even after the next drops, you can still get them (to the best of my knowledge), so just mosey along without stressing about getting all 12 class mounts on day 1.

Easily solved by making follower armor BoA or at a vendor for resources/gold like in WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So you actually enjoy doing the pointless busywork tasks that have been presented to us in 7.2's questline? You poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    Wait, by new quest he means the broken shore quests of which we need to complete 3?

You realise that 1 hero + 2 of the 30% champions mean a minimal of 60% succes rate. Level doesn't matter.
    This should've been it for the thread. A quick calculation: 12 missions at 60% each, gives you 1% chance to not have 3 missions complete. 99% chance that you will complete AT LEAST 3 missions if you send off 12 at 60%. That is NO leveling of any follower at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously ? Even on a shitty character I've done this quest

Deleted
    So you actually enjoy doing the pointless busywork tasks that have been presented to us in 7.2's questline? You poor thing.
    You actually enjoy crying in threads about a game you're not actively playing? You poor thing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually that's how I got my Hearthstone key. I said nice things about Hearthstone on twitter and @blizzardcs sent me a beta key.

If you got more alts, then its all up to you. Really, if you want the classmounts on several characters, work for it. Same people complaining about the little content 7.2 brought, well thats an awesome reason to actually work on your alt and level their followers up. Don't complain of lack of content then complain you don't have time/effort to level your followers alt.

If you leveled it 2 weeks ago, well thats on you. People need to get rid of the mentality of getting everything once you ding 110. You know you can get the class campaign(3rd relic) in 24 hours now? Quests itself takes like 1-2 hours, and between those quests each mission takes 1 hour.

WoD is still strong in peoples mind, when you actually could maintain 10-15 alts without any effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been trying to get my mages followers up for a while now. They've yet to hit 850. It's really fucking frustrating. It's time to put in an NPC in every order hall that lets you put resources into getting gear for them. They said months ago they wouldn't gate content behind the order hall table. What are they doing? Gating a mount behind the order hall content. Okay. Sure.

These are time-gated mounts, but so what? Or rather, what makes this different than the numerous other time-gated mounts in game? Raid mounts like Ashes or Invincible are time-gated behind weekly raid lockouts. WoD had mounts time-gated behind garrison invasions which was also a weekly chance at rewards per toon. Legion has even more time-gated mounts if you look at the ones that come from emissary bounty caches since rep is tied behind world quests and world quests are gated by time. Venomhide Ravasaur was directly gated behind daily quests, the falcosaur mounts were gated behind daily quests, etc. Any traditional rep mount that required exalted to purchase/learn was gated behind time.

So again, why should these be different if time is the factor? They haven't announced when these will be no longer attainable if they even will ever be unobtainable. So what does it matter if someone gets them for an alt this expansion or two later?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    If you got more alts, then its all up to you. Really, if you want the classmounts on several characters, work for it. Same people complaining about the little content 7.2 brought, well thats an awesome reason to actually work on your alt and level their followers up. Don't complain of lack of content then complain you don't have time/effort to level your followers alt.

If you leveled it 2 weeks ago, well thats on you. People need to get rid of the mentality of getting everything once you ding 110. You know you can get the class campaign(3rd relic) in 24 hours now? Quests itself takes like 1-2 hours, and between those quests each mission takes 1 hour.

WoD is still strong in peoples mind, when you actually could maintain 10-15 alts without any effort.
    Stop saying you can work for it. There's no work involved. You click a bunch of buttons on a screen and that's it. No effort involved.