Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Well, only one was wearing a headdress and he directed his hate speech at both. What should the one do, stop looking foreign?

Eh, he was armed, they not. It's not like people who go about randomly insulting minorities on trains, carry knives with them and are perfectly willing to kill other peope are necessarily the most levelheaded ones in the universe.
    'hate speech' -- I love how terms are used to sensationalize situations. White man to Muslims is hate speech, but masked college students to conservatives = peaceful protesting

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    'hate speech' -- I love how terms are used to sensationalize situations. White man to Muslims is hate speech, but masked college students to conservatives = peaceful protesting
    Um, no? Not sure where I indicated something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    maybe people should keep their religions to themselves and stop wearing their stupid ass head scarfs out in public.
    Maybe people shouldn't care about what others wear as long as it's not hurting anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe people should keep their religions to themselves and stop wearing their stupid ass head scarfs out in public.
    Interesting you chose head scarfs which are pretty rare versus crucifix jewelry which is everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    After every muslim terror attack there is a flood of articles either praising muslims or painting them as victims. After Manchester bombing within minutes there was tons of #twatters praising them for fuck knows what (not bombing). I'm fed up with that lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Just as a heads up, I fixed the title, since as pointed out, the article mentions nothing about ISIS.
    Indeed, this crime was clearly the work of Vanilla ISIS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Even if it is part of their religion? As long as they aren't proselytizing and whatnot, they are keeping their religion to themselves.

7+ Year Old Account
    The police car, equipped with audio and video recording devices, captured statements from Christian, a suspect in the stabbing deaths of two people on a Portland light rail.
    "Think I stab (expletives) in the neck for fun? Oh yeah, you're right I do. I'm a patriot."
    His recorded statements in the police car were revealed in an affidavit released Tuesday.
    "That's what liberalism gets you," he was recorded saying.
    "I hope they all die. I'm gonna say that on the stand. I'm a patriot, and I hope everyone I stabbed died."
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/31/us...ned/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    This is why you dont ride public transportation it attracts the psychos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    This is very true.
    This is actually not true at all. Wonder why you come to that wrongful conclusion? Do you ever speak to another person in their own car? Or do they speak to you or do you hear someone in another car speak to another person in a car? No? Hmmmm.....

Then again... you do probably get effing angry at certain drivers for the way they drive/behave during driving.

My guess is that the amount of psychos of people in public transport vs people on the road in their own car.... is about the same. You just notice it less or mistake it for reckless driving.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    Why do you think this has anything to do with ISIS?
    He literally said nothing about ISIS...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    White Knighting gone wrong.

Remember kids, if you gotta white knight, do it online.
    Or if you're going to white knight, bring a gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like a pleasant person.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post

Or if you're going to white knight, bring a gun.
    That's oxymoron tho. White Knights are bleeding heart liberals / sjws. They all against guns rememba?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    This is why you dont ride public transportation it attracts the psychos.
    I'm sorry?

I catch public transport every day and have never experienced psychotic people. The worst were bumbling drunks or stoners.

Either the city you come from has a very high crime rate or you just don't catch public transport enough. This incident could have happened anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    He literally said nothing about ISIS...
    Title did originally. Mod has edited it since.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    This is why I carried a .45 on me when I was taking MAX.
    I understand why and you might have been able to get of a shot and take the scum with you, but I highly doubt you could avoid getting stabbed in a situation like that.

Personally I'll keep avoiding public transport, there are also a lot of annoying and smelly people there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    snip
    That face reeks of criminal.

Maybe people should stop trying to tell other people what to wear. If you want to wear your man rompers, you go right on ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    I understand why and you might have been able to get of a shot and take the scum with you, but I highly doubt you could avoid getting stabbed in a situation like that.

Personally I'll keep avoiding public transport, there are also a lot of annoying and smelly people there.

- - - Updated - - -

That face reeks of criminal.
    If a situation on MAX was serious enough for me to get involved, it would have been serious enough for the .45 to already be out.