Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    F2P games are usually made from sub-par developers and the entertainment value dries up quick.

A triple A (AAA) title like WoW has a funded development team behind it and the subscription ensures the quality of the product. Blizzard is known for their world class quality in their games. So yeah, at $15 bucks a month, its a STEAL of a price to pay for that much quality entertainment.
    AAA means only one thing - An Aggressive Advertisement. "Ensures quality of product"? Lol... If it would be true, I wouldn't be playing WOD now. I personally don't see anything, Wow has, and some other MMO don't have, that worth $15 a month. Every freakin MMO has something to make me log in and play for a hour every day. In order to be worth $15 a month - this game should offer something special.

Paying sub fee = investing money into future of this game. And for me investing into future = investing into new content, I personally like. But when game developer all of a sudden decides, that he no longer should create content for me, cuz some other players are more valuable for him - then he no longer deserves my money, cuz such game has no future for me. Such game can only be free.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-06-01 at 07:34 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    TBF the subscription model is very outdated and probably puts off more people than attracts

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    "What other form of entertainment provides as many hours as WoW for $15 bucks a month?"

A friend, girlfriend.
    Way to out yourself as never having a girlfriend whose last name isn't .jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    My S/O costs me less than £10 a month

Jaylock topics are like McDonald's coupons, you know they are gonna show up at any given moment but you wish they didn't cause its shit trying wrap itself in a meaningful way.

Also classic is the move of starting the topic, then someone gives a good argument or reply and then suddenly the goals of the initial post change.

If you want to be technical then a MP shooter on console for example could bring you more fun at a cheaper cost, both WoW and for example BF need an initial purchase of the game, both need internet connection so cant pin that on another game as a reason for being more expensive and PSN or Xbox live is like 45-50 euro a year, which makes it like 4 euro a month compared to 12.99 for WoW, and since both are paid I would say the shooter wins if you like it more and spend a few hours a day on it as your main game.

Just depends if you prefer shooters or MMO's.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    My S/O costs me less than £10 a month
    Camgirls don't count either.

Deleted
    Camgirls don't count either.
    WTF is a camgirl?

Sucks to be you if you have a demanding so, only time I pay more than £10 is birthdays and christmas

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh so you thought you knew me ? Nice assumptions.
    Been in a healthy relationship for 10 years now, still happy and loving every day.
    You're welcome though.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    TBF the subscription model is very outdated and probably puts off more people than attracts
    Yeah. There are 3 weeks till my vocation and I don't want to buy month of game time, cuz I'm not charity organization and don't want to simply give one week of game time to Blizzard. And overall: I'm too casual to consume enough content for Wow to be worth $15 a month. I don't even do raids, that take largest chunk of development resources. What I currently do? I sit in my Garrison and do one WotLK/Cata transmog run every day... Full Tanaan every day already wasn't worth $15 a month - obviously cuz it's obsoleted content and if game developer can't provide new content, then he obviously doesn't deserve my money. But I was kind enough to pay cash for it (I'm too casual to farm gold and buy Tokens). For me F2P model would be better, cuz I want to pay only for those things, that worth my money. Tanaan-like quest zone, guaranteed epic set of gear within 20-30 days, account wide flying, players' housing and being able to opt out of CRZ could be such things for example. But obviously not the same set of crappy features, army of 12yr old school boys want, so I should respect them and play exactly the same game, they want. Sorry, but I no longer can come home after school at 2pm and play full work shift till 10pm. Game obviously worth $15 for them, but not for me. Do we live in capitalist world or in communist one?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-06-01 at 07:57 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

You left out the most expensive part - internet access, which allows you for $9/month access to Netflix or Amazon Prime or Hulu, which each provide as many or more hours of entertainment as wow.

So no, it's not least expensive and as evidenced by the number of people playing it vs those streaming television, it's not valued more highly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Runescape, $9 a month.
    runescape doesn't have sexy transmog and sexy lore characters like jaina proudmoore.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Nobody gonna mention Skyrim? $5 on sale, nearly unlimited play with free mods. $15 normally, IIRC.

DOTA2, LOL, HotS, Hearthstone, Warframe, TF2, Path of Exile, CS:Go, and a host of other F2P or B2P games with fair business models.

Honorable mention goes to games like Terraria and Minecraft for also having virtually unlimited potential gameplay.

None of which to say that WoW isn't tremendous value for the price, especially when you take into consideration the ability to generate your subscription fee through gold. But to say that it's the "best" is just rampant fanaticism and favoritism.

I have 2,654 hours tracked in TF2, free. (not counting the first ~2 years of the game before time tracking existed on steam) 872 hours in Path of Exile since it got added to steam, not counting the time through the default client, free.

I also don't get locked out of the game and all my progress if I don't pay Valve or Grinding Gear Games $15 a month (or equivalent gold)
    Last edited by Jerot; 2017-06-01 at 08:41 PM.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Deleted
    Girlfriends, they are definitely cheaper. If you posses at least a spark of intelligence then no need to spend a dime on them, literally, totally 0.00.

You basically hit the reason why I play WoW. I buy the 6 month sub, so it's 12.99/month. Throw in the occasional WoW Token because screw farming gold, it'll probably come out to be around $20/month. I easily play 10+ hours a week, or around 40+ hours a month, which is a trivial cost per hour of entertainment.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    A wank is free. Checkmate.
    I was about to say Jacking off but you beat me to it good sir.

Alternately, one of the Dark Souls for 5$. I get all that WoW offers and I can play whenever.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    "What other form of entertainment provides as many hours as WoW for $15 bucks a month?"

A friend, girlfriend.
    I'm guessing you've not had a girlfriend. They typically can cost much more than 15 per month :P

Deleted
    Try and tell that to the guy who had to pay 70 bucks for every freaking expansion released. (me)

Not that I can't afford it, but I'm not feeling like it's black friday nomsayin?