Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Affix Awareness: Mobs Actually Pull When You CC.

A friend ran this idea by me the other day. Perhaps adding an additional affix when you go 16+ or something and mobs actually aggro when you CC them. Could make things interesting on Fortified.

Mobs used to get pulled if CC'd one of their comrades (save Improved Sap) from Vanilla to WoTLK. But after an entire expansion of Wrath where no one used CC + the LFG system, Blizz tried to alievate the transition of harder dungeons in Cata after the complaints.

The game doesn't need more shitty affixes

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    A friend ran this idea by me the other day. Perhaps adding an additional affix when you go 16+ or something and mobs actually aggro when you CC them. Could make things interesting on Fortified.

Mobs used to get pulled if CC'd one of their comrades (save Improved Sap) from Vanilla to WoTLK. But after an entire expansion of Wrath where no one used CC + the LFG system, Blizz tried to alievate the transition of harder dungeons in Cata after the complaints.
    Could even be made standard tbh.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    It's possible since M+ isn't in the LFG, but I don't think it would be a fair transition. There could be a lot of players that never had to CC on the pull. It was brief in Cata, so it really hasn't been a thing since TBC. The pull was the most dangerous part of a mob encounter. Mechanics are more forgiving now what with threat, and the fact that botched pulls could just be AoE'd down on low affixes anyway.

It's possible since M+ isn't in the LFG, but I don't think it would be a fair transition. There could be a lot of players that never had to CC on the pull. It was brief in Cata, so it really hasn't been a thing since TBC. The pull was the most dangerous part of a mob encounter. Mechanics are more forgiving now what with threat, and the fact that botched pulls could just be AoE'd down on low affixes anyway.
    I see your concerns, but it would be an amazing way learn dps players that the tank dictates what gets pulled, not them.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

I see your concerns, but it would be an amazing way learn dps players that the tank dictates what gets pulled, not them.
    Technically the DPS would be a huge part of the pull though. The ideal scenario back in DPS was Hunter would set up trap in front of them, Rogue would Sap (if he has Imp Sap ffs,), and the minute you see your Mage cast Sheep that's when your Hunter would MD to the tank, or the Tank would pull themselves.

Technically the DPS would be a huge part of the pull though. The ideal scenario back in DPS was Hunter would set up trap in front of them, Rogue would Sap (if he has Imp Sap ffs,), and the minute you see your Mage cast Sheep that's when your Hunter would MD to the tank, or the Tank would pull themselves.
    Cool as fuck right? Would also make dungeons less of a aoe fest.

Deleted
    why would you want even more hated affixes?

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    why would you want even more hated affixes?
    To bring back what was once the most tense and challenging part of a dungeon to begin with. No one cared how high your DPS was if you kept botching the pull.

That way already exists, though. If a DPS pulls, just let them tank it while you trail behind them. If they're geared enough to "tank" the place, pull more mobs in front of them. if they're not, they die.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    they didn't remove that until like halfway through cata from what i remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    they didn't remove that until like halfway through cata from what i remember.
    It was early within the first tier. They also added the LFG buff to make it easier for random pugs. Dungeons went from being a challenge to being designed for anyone to clear them. With that knowledge Blizz somehow thought LFR would be a good idea. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    i think it wasn't until firelands

Any reason people have ideas like these that are just meaningless for organized groups with voice comm and screw over pugs that already have lesser success chance than an organized group?

Atm we already have a massive gap between 2 segments of the playerbase:
    1. "I run m+ with guild / friends, m+ is fine, cool, enjoyable"
    2. "I try to pug m+ and no one invites me or it's pure horror"

Blizzard wants to facilitate pugging, because that drives up participation rates and sub numbers, there is a big portion of playerbase who refuses for whatever reason to commit to a guild, and y'know their subs are at stake, scare them off and Blizzard loses money. So we got in-built group finder, cross realm everything except current mythic raid, flex raid sizes, flex lockout based on bosses killed instead of instance ID, forced personal loot, and on the m+ front, we're getting soon no key depletion.

But yeah, out of personal experience I can say I ran HOV 15 on teeming with guild group, it was a breeze, I ran HOV 10 on teeming with a pug on a different week and it was shit, fire mage was breaking cc with his stupid legendary helmet and so on, good luck teaching these people "how 2 cc", in the end I got a personal thanks from the DH who made the group that I didn't drop it after all the crap, so they still got loot / weekly chest.

And no, I don't really miss TBC where if you weren't a rogue, mage or hunter you had 10 times harder getting a spot into any dungeon as a dps. Or you were confined to a narrow selection of dungeons where your more obscure type of cc like banish, shackle or hibernate had a purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    To bring back what was once the most tense and challenging part of a dungeon to begin with. No one cared how high your DPS was if you kept botching the pull.
    Things used to be a lot more interesting when back in vanilla we had to kite Drakkisath away from the group as far as possible until the tank and 2 other DPS were done killing the adds. A lot more classes have kiting abilities now, but you don't see them like this anymore, just the run away from mobs which focus a random player, which 9 out of 10 times can be avoided by just... AoEing :|

M+ are fine and dont need any tuning. If you are bored go +20 or smth.

So what you're saying is to add an affix that does literally nothing to groups who know how to do Moroes correctly, and because it's so high level, no super casual group will ever get flummoxed by it, thereby making it pointless since only higher players will encounter it?

Did I read that correctly?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

My last mmo had a couple interesting mob statuses. Mobs could be cast detectors and aggro as soon as they sensed a spell being cast at them. Another had the assist status. If a mob say a mob of the same type attacking you, they'd join in. Made mob farming interesting. Walk into a field of non aggressive mobs, hit one, it hits you back, and suddenly all of them are on you.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Another had the assist status. If a mob say a mob of the same type attacking you, they'd join in. Made mob farming interesting. Walk into a field of non aggressive mobs, hit one, it hits you back, and suddenly all of them are on you.
    Don't make murlocs more of a pain in the ass than they already are please

you CC in mythic +? :P