Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have a problem with op:

1) fox newz
    2) more jobs dont matter if:
    A) Things are increasing in price for the consumer
    B) Wages are stagnant [trickle dont work economically]
    3) I'd argue this does not have much to do with trumpy's 'work,' yet....

Give it 1.5yrs to see some impact.

IMHO and living through 5 presidents now, you dont see the impact 'till about 3years after they've ended their turn.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Do you actually expect anyone with a half a brain to believe this bullshit. Did you start investing in October of 2016 or something?
    Uh, no.

I have mutual funds and other investments. I have had a mutual fund since I was 20 years old. Yes, my investments have increased under the Trump administration at a higher rate than under Barry Hussein. Yes, I also need sustained growth to capitalize, and so far it is doing so.

If you don't have an investment portfolio, or some other investments, maybe spend less time on MMO-C and more time trying to get your money to work for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    Arguing with folks like you #facepalm.

Majority of people who "know it all" really are like 21 yrs old still in undergrad who think they know it all since they are in their first finance course. Just from experience anyways.
    You're wide off the mark and your ad hominem last ditch resort is a case in point. I'd rather you stick to the subject at hand and explain to me how an economic bubble is the same as an economic collapse, particularly when the majority of bubbles don't necessarily end in a collapse.
    You went all-in in an argument of semantics you lost from the start. Your argument is like saying a cumulonimbus cloud is the same as a thunderstorm, or in more plastic terms, eating is basically identical to shitting.

You can't just call the effect identical to the cause, or the outcome identical to one of the variables leading up to it. That's the most basic of logical fallacies.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-06-01 at 08:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good news! The US economy has been doing great for a while now.... why people only started to notice in the last few months or so is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    Arguing with folks like you #facepalm.

Majority of people who "know it all" really are like 21 yrs old still in undergrad who think they know it all since they are in their first finance course. Just from experience anyways.
    Hi. 37 year old econ major here who graduated with a degree in economics.

There's a difference between an economic bubble and the aftermath of that bubble. While it may not be a "collapse" (which is generally defined as a full or near deconstruction of an economy) there is a clear distinction between what a bubble is and what happens during the bubble, and the aftermath of the bubble.

Bubble = Valuation of something exceeds actual value, leading to positive, largely speculative growth.
    Bust (Collapse) = Valuation collapses, leading economic shrinkage and negative growth.

The DotCom bubble and early 2000s bust, and the housing bubble and late 2000s bust are examples of these cycles.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Ask any economist and he'll tell you that the stock market is a piss poor way of measuring how well the economy is doing as the stock market is a finicky mistress. Who fluctuates wildly basted on pure speculation and false rumors sometimes.

But if enough stock brokers believe the economy is doing well or will perform better they'll invest more, more investments can improve the economy, if enough believe things will get better then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Capitalism can be weird like that.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Good news! The US economy has been doing great for a while now.... why people only started to notice in the last few months or so is beyond me.
    Most of the growth and record highs have been after Trump took office and many experts have said it was the "Trump Effect", so, I mean, I guess you can say it was Barry Hussein doing it, by not being President any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Most of the growth and record highs have been after Trump took office and many experts have said it was the "Trump Effect", so, I mean, I guess you can say it was Barry Hussein doing it, by not being President any more.
    But we had 40% unemployment and a trash economy only a few months ago. Its just so weird!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but "Rip Roaring" ??

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    An 80k adjustment is the fuel for this amount of jubilation? These kinds of fluctuations happen all the time, some up, some down. This adjustment just means that the original estimate was wrong by 80.

This whole story is a lie and very fraudulent. You certainly were not giving Obama credit when he had fluctuations and job growth months much better than this one.
    Shhh. Obama bad Trump good. Do not muddle the narrative with ''reason'', ''perspective'', ''facts'' or other such nonsense.

Obama had 15 months where job growth exceeded these number. Where was all that "rip roaring" talk on Fox then?

We have a "new" high every few months for a year or so.

again thanks obama

What in the world are you talking about? Over Obama's presidency the stock market rose 230%. It is up 6% so far under Trump

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will gladly give Trump credit for this. If anyone can point to me the policy that he enacted that made this possible.

Deleted
    But the Russians..

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I will gladly give Trump credit for this. If anyone can point to me the policy that he enacted that made this possible.
    Of course I can, it's LOOK, A DISTRACTION!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Praise Trump, he hath overfillith my 401K with joy and jubilation!
    Lol!. Congrats. Go Trump!!

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    It's the Trump magic his supporters will tell you, the economy is not changed by policy but his sheer orangeness.

I was really hoping Trump would've crashed the US economy by now. I'm tired of paying high exchange rates on product.

Obama did a decent job of child-proofing the economy.

And the rather large company I work for is doing its best to reduce headcount everywhere possible. Maybe I should show them this article.