Page 49 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh well. At least we can always look back at the days when the US wasn't a complete trainwreck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Your average 1st world civilian leaves a bigger carbon footprint than a third world civilian would make in 10 or even 20 years. So while your edgy ideas of population purges are cute the target is off the mark. Obvious why that is
    Who said anything about the third world. We're talking about China and their practices. All of which aren't exactly comparable with the majority of their factories most likely not even using any filters on the crap they spew.
    Right it's 00:51 in non-retards. I'll see ya in the morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    Who said anything about the third world. We're talking about China and their practices. All of which aren't exactly comparable with the majority of their factories most likely not even using any filters on the crap they spew.
    Right it's 00:51 in non-retards. I'll see ya in the morning.
    See ya edgy magoo

10+ Year Old Account
    So against the advice of everyone except Bannon and Miller, Trump still pulls out.

Way to make the country look fucking stupid on the international stage again. Shame for him that it won't change anything since coal is dead and companies have already put a lot of money towards new energy sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So against the advice of everyone except Bannon and Miller, Trump still pulls out.

Way to make the country look fucking stupid on the international stage again. Shame for him that it won't change anything since coal is dead and companies have already put a lot of money towards new energy sources.
    Relevant; https://www.greentechmedia.com/artic...s-climate-deal

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    Relevant video.

I doubt there will be sanctions, people will just distance themselves from the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Another reason to take America and put it in the bin
    Lol. Ok. So you prefer that the rest of the globe become china or russia or even radical islam? because that is exactly what it is without us.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    It ties into it. What are you, the moderator? Don't like my opinion, then you can shove it.
    Now now, don't get so winded.
    How exactly is killing 90% of Asia going to stop the US from fucking up climate change?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    So Elon Musk resigned his position as a presidential advisor.

I didn't know he was advising Trump..... o_O
    I too have resigned.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I actually agree with his choice. Personally, the developed nations are for the most parf self-managing closed systems. To simply choose to suffer for something that has it's roots elsewhere is dumb in my eyes aswell. The real problem is that there are too many humans. China and India could both use a 90% purge. Aka a war or something. Another is that until we haven't found a good alternative to fossil fuels which would also be easily portable because nuclear energy already is a replacement but you cant drive a reactor... little will change.
    Sent via Samsung S4.
    If we could use all these edge to cut through the carbon dioxide...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    I totally agree. Talk doesn't mean much. It falls short of what we need. However, I would point to the investments china is making in their renewable industry as the most notable aspect of their intentions. They are going to put $361 billion into renewable power by 2020. That eclipses what everyone else is doing including the U.S. They are going to make dent in this market too. The Paris agreement is just a small, but important, step in the right direction. Signaling is important in politics and the agreement does a good job signaling intentions.

With regards to 30 year initiatives and the like, it is really up to private enterprise to move quickly, not the government.
    There will be a long transition time no matter how much money we throw at the problem. They can set policy and provide incentives, but after that it must wait and adjust based on how things play out. There is big money in this once it gets up and going so I expect it to move quickly after the tipping point is reached. The people dragging their feet will get on board once they realize they're being left behind.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ch...-idUSKBN14P06P
    Wrong. If the government does enforce a strict policy on pollution corporations will always do as little as possible for as cheap as possible. ALWAYS.

Which was my point.

The US started pushing environmental initiatives and limiting carbon emissions on manufacturers in the U.S. and essentially gave them ultimatums to reduce emissions on a yearly basis.

Lets be clear that moving operations from one country to another is NOT cheap. Yet many (most) decided that's exactly what they would do. They would rather move manufacturing to China... than pay to make themselves more environmentally friendly.

China isn't about to let those manufacturing companies leave China now. So what do they do "Ah lets fund renewables". How much of that money though, would have ALREADY been spent on other forms of energy, China is still in growth phase. They are expanding... which means more power, more need. If you already need to buy a power plant... and its only 1.5X more for a solar plant, well fuck it lets just go solar, and we'll look good to the world. EXCEPT THAT YOU HAVEN'T ACTUALLY REDUCED EMISSIONS. You built a solar power plant... GREAT! But did you shut down the coal plant in its place? No? Hmmmmmm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Lol. Ok. So you prefer that the rest of the globe become china or russia or even radical islam? because that is exactly what it is without us.

You think we really need the US that much?
    How cute.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I too have resigned.
    Well your advice was shitty anyway. Why didn't you tell him the last time pull out method worked was in a 2004 movie called One Night in Paris?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Relevant; https://www.greentechmedia.com/artic...s-climate-deal

I doubt there will be sanctions, people will just distance themselves from the US.
    How?

- Economically? The US is the biggest consumer in the world.

- Militarily? The US has the biggest army in the world.

I mean it burns good will, but that will be temporary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post
    This monster 45 would sacrifice even his own children's and grandchildren's future just to make a buck. His family is as meaningless to him as every other person. All are just playthings to be discarded.

True psychopath. True narcissist. True machiavellianist. The dark triad is his mind.

Like Nero playing the harp while Rome burns, 45 will be playing on Twitter as the planet burns.
    Ignorance is Bliss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You think we really need the US that much?
    How cute.
    which shiithole country are you from?? yh thats what i fought,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Good. Trump really is taking a shit down the left's throats and enjoying every minute of it. Your do-nothing accords have been cancelled and we've successfully thrown another wrench in the gears of the taxation/theft scheme that is the global warming myth.
    Climate change has nothing to do with the left-right divide, did you not even notice how hard Merkel was on it?

The only other countries that didn't sign the accord :

Nicaragua- A country who actually wants more aggressive goals towards climate change

Syria - A country who the least of their worries are climate change at the moment

It ties into it. What are you, the moderator? Don't like my opinion, then you can shove it.
    Good idea, stool transplant is a solid therapy for clostridium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda11 View Post
    which shiithole country are you from?? yh thats what i fought,
    Wow amazing
    so great
    bigly