Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    So how about you eat shit? Soros has his dirty little hands in nearly every leftist power play in the Western World and otherwise.
    Man, this Soros guy must be rich indeed if he can finance every single political party you personally disagree with at once. You should inform Alex Jones, it looks like a big conspiracy to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    like keeping medicare XD
    Last I checked it was still there... wait... nope still there. Stop fear mongering. There are repubs and dems committed to making sure Trump keeps his word on the healthcare issue... lets not derail the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    It's a legal document, and signed by the former president, so yes, they can pull out of it, but as any contract, it does not require ratification by the senate to uphold it's deal since it will be handled in a legal court and not in the senate, if the EU and other countries decide to challenge it, which they won't.
    Modern treaty practice requires an additional action beyond signing for a treaty to come into effect.

If the President could bind the nation in treaty-like ways without ratification he would be violating the constitution.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Great news. Finally a president who keeps his word.
    Sure, if you ignore all of the other things on which he has spectacularly failed to keep his word.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Modern treaty practice requires an additional action beyond signing for a treaty to come into effect.

If the President could bind the nation in treaty-like ways without ratification he would be violating the constitution.
    Indeed. From the wikipedia page on the treaty clause of the US Constitution: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_Clause
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    American law is that international accords become part of the body of U.S. federal law.[1] Consequently, Congress can modify or repeal treaties by subsequent legislative action, even if this amounts to a violation of the treaty under international law. This was held, for instance, in the Head Money Cases. The most recent changes will be enforced by U.S. courts entirely independent of whether the international community still considers the old treaty obligations binding upon the U.S.

Also worthy of note from that clause:
    --------------------------------------------
    In the United States, the term "treaty" is used in a more restricted legal sense than in international law. U.S. law distinguishes what it calls treaties from congressional-executive agreements and sole-executive agreements.[1] All three classes are considered treaties under international law; they are distinct only from the perspective of internal United States law.

TL,DR:

When it comes to treaties/international law, the US does as it pleases according to its own laws.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2017-06-02 at 12:04 AM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    A conspiracy is something that isn't done out in the open and usually isn't verifiable. We know what old Georgy-boy has been up to.
    Such as funding zero Dutch parties, and probably none in the rest of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I don't even hate America, though. Under the assumption I can find a spot in America and, say, Canada or Australia or Scandinavia, the next important factors become the political and cultural climate. America isn't exactly attractive on that count right now.
    I'm referring to Trump.

Under the assumption I can find a spot in America and, say, Canada or Australia or Scandinavia, the next important factors become the political and cultural climate. America isn't exactly attractive on that count right now.
    That's like your opinion man.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a legal document, and signed by the former president, so yes, they can pull out of it, but as any contract, it does not require ratification by the senate to uphold it's deal since it will be handled in a legal court and not in the senate, if the EU and other countries decide to challenge it, which they won't.
    There are no consequences from pulling out, since it's voluntary.

Not as fast as the impeachment will be completed after midterm elections.
    Lol dems have more seats to lose. Senate wise Republicans are up for only eight seats. The majority is the dems and half of them are from states trump won. I belive seats for dems is 23. But still they won't sign treaty out of respect for the outside voters. I.e those who are not aligned with the democrats.

10+ Year Old Account
    The flagellation over US losing "leadership" is amusing. What exactly does this "leadership" get the US except expensive obligations?
    A large say in, if not outright control over the direction of many aspects of the entire human race? With us at the center.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    I am not sure what they are used for. Indium, Gallium & Tellurium
    These are used in certain thin film cells (I think CdTe is maybe 10% of global PV production), but the vast majority of PV cells being made now are silicon. Silicon PV requires no rare elements.

Its a bit more than that.
    Only the copper in the generator itself would be difficult to substitute with other conductors, most likely aluminum. The generator is special because it is volume-limited, so copper's higher conductivity (rather than conductivity divided by density) matters. I'm a bit surprised the cables carrying power down the tower are copper in that case you linked; aluminum cables would be lighter. Utility powerlines are typically aluminum-clad steel, not copper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    A large say in, if not outright control over the direction of many aspects of the entire human race? With us at the center.
    That sounds like a load of ego-boosting bullshit.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2017-06-02 at 12:12 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Deleted
    Well he did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Caught bits of this on the news at work today. It's truly fucking embarrassing watching Trump complain about fairness and bitching about how third world countries get to have it easier.

You didn't go back very far. Try harder. This is probably the closest thing you've had to meaningful employment.
    Considering how you cried about me "extracting one part of a post" where was I supposed to go to other than the post that I supposedly misrepresented via cherry-picking? This is sad even for you. Your "counterargument" whine was just shit and an abject lie, and neither your squirming nor your insane personal attacks change it.

There's that Koch person that I was accused of making projections about by Mehrunes.
    And considering how your earlier nonsense about Koch brothers was aimed and me yet I still can't find it in myself to give a shit about them, said earlier nonsense remains a projection. I'm not sure how @Glorious Leader mentioning them is supposed to be relevant to that. Unless Soros ate your eyes or something and you can't differentiate our usernames.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-06-02 at 12:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

A conspiracy is something that isn't done out in the open and usually isn't verifiable. We know what old Georgy-boy has been up to.
    I hear you. I stubbed my toe this morning. Who do you this monitored my activities and ensured that my furniture was placed exactly so that this would transpire? Soros, that's who. He's in the league with the lizard people who want to turn our frogs gay, I tell you.

Deleted
    Doesn't matter, it's THEM who will end up having to live with this,

not us.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds like a load of ego-boosting bullshit.
    Its ego boosting bs to ensure society unfurls to the benefit of our people?

Should we want our people's lives to be worse? What the fuck are you even arguing?

Man, you really are triggered today. Trump > Soros.
    Can't recall mentioning Trump at all in this talk about Soros, let alone how I think he ranks compared to him. When in doubt, non sequitur/goalpost move combo? And you constantly made remarks about me, lied, threw a tantrum about feces and went more and more illogical, but it's me who's triggered, fer sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

As always, Josh Marshell has an insightful take on the withdrawal from the Paris Accords. As per Talking Points Memo.

A friend wrote in and said: Wait, you don’t think this was about the battle between Trump’s “nationalist” and “globalist” advisors, his need to feed his core voters and stuff like that? You think it was driven by a spat with Merkel?

Yes, of course, it was those things. But the decision was driven by contingent events and emotion. Here is what I mean.

I told someone today that if you’d asked me on November 9th, I would have been shocked that it took Trump this long to pull out of the Paris accord. He ran on doing so and talked about it constantly. But he also talked about moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem. He railed against Goldman Sachs. He said he was going to build a ridiculous wall along the US Mexico border. He did and said a million other things that he promptly forgot about or came up with some excuse for not doing.

There’s always been a core of advisors that wanted this outcome. But if not for the events of the last few weeks I think we’d have remained in the Paris accord. Trump got into a growing fight with Europe. France rejected Bannon’s favorite Le Pen. He met with and got disrespected and criticized by the leaders of NATO and the EU. He got mad. Both Merkel and Macron spoke about him as a bully and a child. Macron has happily spoken publicly about over-manning Trump when they met in person.

This isn’t about climate and it isn’t about Trump’s base. It’s about sticking it to the leaders of Europe. That’s what gave the Bannonites the edge. That and one other thing.

Trump is scared. He’s entering a a widening gyre of political crisis over Russia. He’s scared and he’s angry and he needs friends. So he’s more and more likely to hug his base – both the most aggressive advisors and the most committed supporters. He’s trying to bring back Corey Lewandowski, his wildest and most troubling-driving advisor who has the unshakable loyalty and lickspittledom Trump now requires. Indeed, we can take it as a given that as the Russia scandal crisis deepens Trump will become more aggressive and more extreme in his policies both to maintain his emotional equilibrium and reinforce his backing from a shrinking base of supporters. This is as certain as night follows day.

It’s worth noting, if it is not obvious, that the growing rupture in Trump’s relations with Europe is also driven by the Russia issue and Trump’s desire to hamstring or break apart the EU and NATO. Whether Trump’s affinity for Russia is legitimate or corrupt, the reality itself is indisputable. That drives his hostility to the EU and NATO.

In any case, this is about wanting to lash out at enemies, strike a blow in a context in which people can’t easily fight back and try to assert control over a situation that increasingly feels (and is) out of control. Rewrite the last four weeks, leave Trump less angry and threatened, I’m confident the US would still be in the Paris accord. That’s how he operates.

The entire outcome was driven by the President’s current, besieged, emotional state.
    Cleek's Law

"Today’s conservatism is the opposite of what liberals want today, updated daily."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Please, get me some sources for those claims. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...country_donors

You guys rank 20th on per GDP aid. Americans spend more on candy, then they do on foreign aid.
    Yet we are ranked 1st for actual dollars,

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Its ego boosting bs to ensure society unfurls to the benefit of our people?

Should we want our people's lives to be worse? What the fuck are you even arguing?
    The bullshit was your contention that it gives the us "a large say in, if not outright control over the direction of many aspects of the entire human race? With us at the center."